Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 stopped working because of game save?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 stopped working because of game save? Empty The Sims 3 stopped working because of game save?

Post by Guest Thu 03 Oct 2013, 06:28

Hello. Recently I was start playing back my Sims 3 game after long ago, in my Windows Vista desktop with newly upgraded CPU. Before that I was played it in my Windows 7 netbook. I was playing the game with the old save transferred from the laptop. Then, it works fine for several minutes, before the game freeze and a message appeared said Sims 3 has stopped working, then, it shutting down, going back to desktop. But when I try to playing with a new game, it works fine, as long as I play it. I don't know if it was because the old save, or maybe because the compatibility. FYI, I was ever put the game mod in my old save, but it was removed a long ago, before I transferred it to my desktop computer. Also, The Sims 3 version in netbook is 1.47, while in desktop, the version is 1.57, upgraded directly after it was installed. Is there any way to fix my old save so I can play it without any problem? Thanks for everyone's help.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 stopped working because of game save? Empty Re: The Sims 3 stopped working because of game save?

Post by J.T. Thu 03 Oct 2013, 07:23

Hey there,

It sounds to me that your old save is either corrupted/uses too much memory when loading it. You should try all the solutions here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t14129-tips-for-saving-your-corrupted-saves.

But first please try solutions (5) and (6).
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 stopped working because of game save? Empty Re: The Sims 3 stopped working because of game save?

Post by Guest Fri 04 Oct 2013, 03:26

Sorry but I had no idea about the step 4 'Name your Potter family and save it'. I had already choosing my own Sims in my own occupied lot, but don't know what to do next. Can you explain it?

Btw, I forgot to tell you, actually, while I said my games works fine in new game, I mean the games that started from the new save. Because while I had start a new town from my old save, it stopped working too.

//EDIT

I did every single steps as you told. But stuck at the step 4 when the message Error Code 12 appeared while I was tried to save the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top