Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something I figured out after solving my Sims 4 crashing issue..

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Something I figured out after solving my Sims 4 crashing issue.. - Page 2 Empty Something I figured out after solving my Sims 4 crashing issue..

Post by Guest Thu 09 Feb 2017, 21:18

First topic message reminder :

This might be common knowledge, but nevertheless, I'll share my experience in the hopes that it might help someone.

I've been using GFTW's ultimate fix for a good few years now (finally got around to making an account today). With that, I've gotten pretty good at understanding how to install the fixes properly, how the game works, and how to fix the common issues it has (especially the sims 3). That said, I haven't had any issues at all with the Sims 4, that is until I installed GFTW's entire sims 4 set. I'm not blaming GFTW for my issue; hear me out:

After downloading and **carefully** installing the GFTW versions of the sims 4 and all its DLC, my game was completely shutting down my computer upon loading my previously saved game. Not crashing to the desktop, not freezing, but completely shutting my computer down. Right away I knew it was either something I installed into my game or it was a hardware issue. After making sure my computer wasn't overheating and my graphics drivers were up to date, turning on v-sync, completely disabling windows defender, and running the sims 4 in windowed mode (with the graphics setting turned way down), the game kept turning my computer off upon loading my save. At that point, I was sure it wasn't any hardware problem I was having (remember my game was working fine until I installed the all the sims 4 GFTW content). 

Basically what happened was my save from the non-GFTW version of the sims 4, which was a single lot in the tray folder that I made myself (spencer mansion, it was pretty awesome) was what did it. Also, I've noticed that I can't load any newer homes (made by maxis in the gallery) without the game turning my computer off. I think it has something to do with the latest updates, I don't know. 

Is this making sense? Is it helpful? Has this happened to anyone else?

Back to top Go down

Something I figured out after solving my Sims 4 crashing issue.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I figured out after solving my Sims 4 crashing issue..

Post by Guest Sat 18 Feb 2017, 22:27

Well i had this idea when i saw your post and i thought that maybe i could help somehow.I hope you will find a solution to your problem soon my friend  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Something I figured out after solving my Sims 4 crashing issue.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something I figured out after solving my Sims 4 crashing issue..

Post by Guest Sat 18 Feb 2017, 22:32

Renesis wrote:Well i had this idea when i saw your post and i thought that maybe i could help somehow.I hope you will find a solution to your problem soon my friend  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I appreciate your comments, and maybe it was the cause for the problems, but in my opinion the chance that paste would be the culprit will be very remote.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Feb 2017, 22:38

You cant be sure,i also had a desk top for 10 years working 15-20 hours every day and i never had a  problem like this.But after with an other pc i had this problem with the shut downs very often just cus of that thermal paste.Nvm,I wish you luck anyways!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 19 Feb 2017, 10:24

No worries, I will precisely cut and adjust a small piece of copper now, as a more permanent thermal paste-substitute in my case. Indeed @sweeteizus, good luck, whatever you need to do!

Warning: TEA
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top