Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origins want me to Update the game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origins want me to Update the game Empty Origins want me to Update the game

Post by Guest Sat 11 Feb 2017, 06:55

Ok, I been trying to figure this out for a week now. I have origins and a legit copy of the Sims 4 game. I downloaded the Get to work Torrent from PiratesBay and followed the instructions. I tried to Play it and a error message pops up, I attached it to this post. I turned off my internet completely and went in offline mode. I didn't update it this time. When I first started this torrent download a week ago, it came up with the same message but afterwards I updated the game because it said to. Then I read on here that you're not suppose to. So, I deleted and re-downloaded the torrent but the same message comes up. What am I doing wrong? Everybody else's game seems to work out find.Origins want me to Update the game Sims_410
Origins want me to Update the game Update10

Back to top Go down

Origins want me to Update the game Empty Re: Origins want me to Update the game

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 12 Feb 2017, 17:28

Hello and welcome to the Forum @ObessiveFan

The problem is due to both the cracked game and legit games using the same folder for saves (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves).

For now, you can bypass the error by deleting the GameVersion.txt under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, but for the future you have to take precautions so that the 2 folders (from the legit game + cracked game) don't interfere with each other. See this post here for an introduction:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24433-i-have-both-origin-g4tw-versions-of-sims-4-how-can-i-manage-the-documents-folder
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Feb 2017, 22:34

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Hello and welcome to the Forum @ObessiveFan

The problem is due to both the cracked game and legit games using the same folder for saves (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves).

For now, you can bypass the error by deleting the GameVersion.txt under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, but for the future you have to take precautions so that the 2 folders (from the legit game + cracked game) don't interfere with each other. See this post here for an introduction:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24433-i-have-both-origin-g4tw-versions-of-sims-4-how-can-i-manage-the-documents-folder

Thanks, All the research and problems and to think it could of been all avoided if I just deleted that file. Now I know but Now when I try to play it, the game freezes when I push the play button on the sims 4 home screen. Also you said "in the future...", What does that mean, is this just a temporary fix and for how long?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 13 Feb 2017, 00:06

ObessiveFan wrote:What does that mean, is this just a temporary fix and for how long?

It's very difficult to explain, especially seeing that you are (obviously) very new to this. But here again:

Both the legit game AND cracked game use the exact same folder location for their stuff like saves, etc. Let's say you are playing the Origin-version of the game and then switch to the cracked one, and vice versa later on, there will be folder conflicts.

One way to bypass the folder conflict is to always rename these folders, before you start "another version" of The Sims 4. I know it sounds difficult, and it can't be otherwise explained in words. You'll have to get a feeling for yourself on how to do this, and the guide above can help you.

There are other ways to bypass the conflict, which are mentioned toward the end of the guide. Like, creating 2 different Windows-user accounts. One account is used for playing the Origin-version of TS4, while the other is used for the cracked TS4.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Feb 2017, 01:28

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

The problem is due to both the cracked game and legit games using the same folder for saves.

I only have the legit game, am I suppose to download the Cracked game too? I downloaded the cracked expansion packs but not the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 13 Feb 2017, 01:31

ObessiveFan wrote:
I only have the legit game, am I suppose to download the Cracked game too? I downloaded the cracked expansion packs but not the game.

Do you mean you applied the Get to Work-torrent, into the Origin-game? If so, then then the procedure with renaming the folders is unnecessary for you. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Feb 2017, 01:44

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

Do you mean you applied the Get to Work-torrent, into the Origin-game? If so, then then the procedure with renaming the folders is unnecessary for you. Smile

Yes, That's exactly what I mean. If it's just that simple, then why do people have the cracked version and the legit version?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 13 Feb 2017, 01:47

ObessiveFan wrote:
Yes, That's exactly what I mean. If it's just that simple, then why do people have the cracked version and the legit version?

Mainly in order to be able to access the "Gallery" (with which you can download user-made houses/sims). If you apply cracked DLC "into" a legit Origin-game, then the end-result is....that your Origin-game will become cracked, technically. And that means you cannot access the online features anymore.

Some people install both an Origin-TS4 and a cracked TS4, in two separate install locations on their computer, and do the tweaking that I was talking about earlier here. It takes filespace, and a certain 'discipline' to keep things organized that way, but then again, it appears a lot of people want these Gallery-items.

Tea 5
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top