Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black screen in the Sims 4.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Black screen in the Sims 4. Empty Black screen in the Sims 4.

Post by Guest Sun 12 Feb 2017, 18:17

Hello !

I didn't play the Sims 4 for months now because I installed Windows again, so I lost everything. Yesterday I installed the Sims 4 again with the DLCs and all, I followed the instructions and the game launched. But I have a black screen immediatly, I can hear the music and the white mouse appears but nothing, I can't play. I've tried to go into windowed mode with by changing fullscreen = 1 to 0. I've also tried to update my drivers, but everything is already fine. I don't have any mod or custom content. I really don't know what to do ! Why.

Please help me ! And thank you for all the work you do ! Yess, aye lieeke!

Back to top Go down

Black screen in the Sims 4. Empty Re: Black screen in the Sims 4.

Post by Guest Mon 13 Feb 2017, 13:38

Have you tried playing as administrator? right click and than choose open a administrator. Might work. I also have a black screen, but it goes away after short time and the plumbob starts spinning. Always play as administrator.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Feb 2017, 19:47

Loonieloose wrote:Have you tried playing as administrator? right click and than choose open a administrator. Might work. I also have a black screen, but it goes away after short time and the plumbob starts spinning. Always play as administrator.

I always run it as administrator. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Feb 2017, 17:20

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Mackinit wrote:for me the download link appears as it has lines across and wont let me download it or click the torent magnets???

https://postimg.org/image/mschfz8r7/

Hello again,

The install order of items has changed in the meantime. There is no "Ultimate fix" this time. Please ALWAYS check this post here, which gets updated whenever new stuff is out:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly
But can't we have the old Ultimate Fix ? Because the game doesn't work when I install City Living but works only with Get to Work + Get Together... Why.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 14 Feb 2017, 18:37

Selly wrote:But can't we have the old Ultimate Fix ? Because the game doesn't work when I install City Living but works only with Get to Work + Get Together... Why.

Hello,

It's probably best if you open a new thread for your own issue(s). Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Black screen in the Sims 4. Empty Can't we have the old Ultimate Fix ?

Post by Guest Tue 14 Feb 2017, 20:48

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Selly wrote:But can't we have the old Ultimate Fix ? Because the game doesn't work when I install City Living but works only with Get to Work + Get Together... Why.

Hello,

It's probably best if you open a new thread for your own issue(s). Smile
Thank you Smile but I've already done it and it seems that I'm not the only one facing this problem WhatDidUJustCallMe? .

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 16 Feb 2017, 23:41

Selly wrote:Thank you Smile but I've already done it and it seems that I'm not the only one facing this problem WhatDidUJustCallMe? .

//MERGED

Hello again,

Edit: I did not see your original thread, I'm sorry. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  I merged your topics now, into one single thread.  You must know, the City Living torrent already "incorporates" the old Ultimate fix, and it should work just fine.

If for some reason you still want the old fix, here is the link:
http://tinyurl.com/hu5a22p

This is the old fix "without City Living".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Feb 2017, 20:21

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Selly wrote:Thank you Smile but I've already done it and it seems that I'm not the only one facing this problem WhatDidUJustCallMe? .

//MERGED

Hello again,

Edit: I did not see your original thread, I'm sorry. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  I merged your topics now, into one single thread.  You must know, the City Living torrent already "incorporates" the old Ultimate fix, and it should work just fine.

Hi Smile

No prob. I don't get any error message: the screen becomes black but I can hear the music or select things. However, I don't see anything, so, obviously I can't play. I didn't add any Ultimate Fix and I checked my drivers but everything seemed to work fine. I tried to play the game just with Get to Work and Together: it worked but the game version is quite old, that's why I'd like to have the Ultimate Fix.

Thank you so much for your help ! Haters gonna hate  I'll just try your attachment and see. I don't really need City Living.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Mar 2017, 20:13

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

//MERGED

Hello again,

Hello again,

Could you please remind me the installation order ? Because it still gives me a black screen and I can't find the actual problem Why God.  When I just install the base game, it works, but when I add Get Together, Get to Work and the Ultimate Fix black screen again ...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 10 Mar 2017, 03:10

The order would be...

Base game -> Get to Work -> Get together -> Ultimate fix. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Mar 2017, 19:26

The_gh0stm4n wrote:The order would be...

Base game -> Get to Work -> Get together -> Ultimate fix. Smile
Thank you very much! But it was was I did. Why. I really don't know what to do... It used to work !

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 12 Mar 2017, 03:07

Selly wrote:Thank you very much! But it was was I did. Why. I really don't know what to do... It used to work !

Your profile says you are running Windows 7, is that so? Have you tried right-clicking on the game .exe (or the desktop shortcut) and then select "run as Administrator"?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Mar 2017, 11:33

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Selly wrote:Thank you very much! But it was was I did. Why. I really don't know what to do... It used to work !

Your profile says you are running Windows 7, is that so? Have you tried right-clicking on the game .exe (or the desktop shortcut) and then select "run as Administrator"?

Of course I did ! I tried:
- Running it as an administrator
- Trying with the other .exe file for 32 bits versions
- Moving files to have the x64 version (I'm running in Windows 64 bits)
- Changing the option.ini file to run it in windowed mode
- Changing the option.ini file to modify the resolution
- Changing the option.ini file to run it in fullscreen
- Update my graphic cards drivers (I have two)
- Playing in another Windows session : the screen isn't black anymore but white with black stripes, looks like a big glitch
- Changing my resolution 1600*900 to something lower
- Install with the Ultimate Fix (I'm sure it used to work before I did a Windows re-installation)

As you can see I tried a bunch of things but none of them worked... I think I can just say goodbye to the Sims 4... Foreveralone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Mar 2017, 20:01

Can someone help ? Pleaaaase Sad Help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Mar 2017, 18:41

What is your graphics card? The problem could lie in the 2 graphic cards that your pc owns i.e. your game might be using the in built graphics card (which is set as default) instead of high powered one to save consumption of power. If you have Nvidia go to Nvidia control panel and set it as default

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Mar 2017, 20:58

IVIayhem wrote:What is your graphics card? The problem could lie in the 2 graphic cards that your pc owns i.e. your game might be using the in built graphics card (which is set as default) instead of high powered one to save consumption of power. If you have Nvidia go to Nvidia control panel and set it as default

Hello,
No I have ATI but it's set to high. Do I have to disable the Intel one ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Mar 2017, 18:50

Selly wrote:
IVIayhem wrote:What is your graphics card? The problem could lie in the 2 graphic cards that your pc owns i.e. your game might be using the in built graphics card (which is set as default) instead of high powered one to save consumption of power. If you have Nvidia go to Nvidia control panel and set it as default

Hello,
No I have ATI but it's set to high. Do I have to disable the Intel one ?
I meant setting ATI as the preferred graphics card for the game. I found out the instructions how to change the dedicated card and here they are : 
https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202305784-Changing-graphics-card-settings-to-use-your-dedicated-GPU-on-a-Windows-computer-

If you want to see HOW compatible your graphics card is in order to run sims 4 : https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/774696/updated-supported-graphics-card-list-the-sims-4-edition

Last edited by IVIayhem on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 18:51; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didn't link before)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top