Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection, no sound. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection, no sound. [SOLVED] Empty Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection, no sound. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2017, 02:34

Ever since I got Windows 10, I've had little luck getting Zoo Tycoon 2 installed. I had saved my installation files so I could reinstall the game without having to look for a proper download. But they were separate install files (i.e. installing every expansion one by one) and I never got past African Adventure. So when I saw that the Ultimate Collection was made available here I rushed to download it. (Thanks!) Thinking it might solve my problem with installing this game. However, I still had no success installing it. Then I read that I could simply bypass installing by running the game directly from the Files folder. Which worked perfectly...Save for one issue, the game produces no sound. The intro clips do play sounds but as soon as I enter the main menu, the game is completely silent. And not just the main menu either. When I create a new save, there's no sound either. I've checked if the sound was on in the settings and that I didn't accidentally muted my pc. I googled the problem but I couldn't really find anything on the matter either. So after years of lurking on this site, I've finally made an account. I hope someone can give me some pointers on what else I could try to make it work.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the lengthy intro to the problem. Oh my...

Back to top Go down

Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection, no sound. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection, no sound. [SOLVED]

Post by Layloria Mon 27 Feb 2017, 14:58

Hi

I will look into this for you however I need to note that this is an XP game. I've had it for years and had compatibility issues in Windows 7, so in Windows 8 through to 10, there's bound to be problems.

Like a Star @ heaven Layloria
Layloria
Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection, no sound. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection, no sound. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 27 Feb 2017, 15:06

I'm running this game on 2 PC's with Windows 10 without issue, and The_gh0stman also reported no issues with Windows 10. I'm not sure why people are having trouble installing it. Have a look at this topic, perhaps there's something of use! We have seen users who were successful when they extracted the file to the desktop area, and installing from there. 
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2017, 20:47

@Ɛɗιη Thanks for pointing out that specific detail. I had extracted the files to my C: drive, just not to the desktop. I deleted everything Zoo Tycoon 2-related from where I put it and extracted it freshly from the .rar to my desktop in a clean folder. From there I tried setup.exe (with compatibility set to Vista and Admin rights),  still didn't do anything. Then I tried autorun.exe (also set to Vista and admin rights on) even though autorun.exe did exactly nothing whatsoever before, now it did work! And it's installed, no sound issues either.

Thanks again for your response, I'm so happy it's finally working again!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 27 Feb 2017, 21:21

Good to hear!

Don't hesitate to post again if you run into problems.

Enjoy your game! Very Happy Topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top