Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing files Error.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Missing files Error. Empty Missing files Error.

Post by Guest Mon 13 Mar 2017, 21:07

So I have the Origin-bought Sims 4 base game, and I tried to download the Get to Work Pack. I followed the download instructions as best as I could, but when I opened up the game, the content wasn't there. Do I have to replace any folders? Extract any files? Did I put the Sims 4 file in the wrong place? Please tell me how to fix.
Edit: So I managed to setup (you need to use unrar) but whenever I try to start up the game with Get to Work it always says:
The program can't start because QtWebKit4.dll is missing from your computer.
Why is this? Please help.

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 14 Mar 2017, 03:18; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Solved problem, have another)

Back to top Go down

Missing files Error. Empty Re: Missing files Error.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 14 Mar 2017, 03:05

Kittymew123 wrote:So I have the Origin-bought Sims 4 base game, and I tried to download the Get to Work Pack. I followed the download instructions as best as I could, but when I opened up the game, the content wasn't there. Do I have to replace any folders? Extract any files? Did I put the Sims 4 file in the wrong place? Please tell me how to fix.
Edit: So I managed to setup (you need to use unrar) but whenever I try to start up the game with Get to Work it always says:
The program can't start because QtWebKit4.dll is missing from your computer.
Why is this? Please help.

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

So you managed to install the base game + Get to Work (and you extracted everything with WinRAR). When you copied/pasted over the "Get to Work"-stuff, did you REPLACE/OVERWRITE all existing files, when prompted?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Mar 2017, 03:09

Was that in the setup.exe, when it says that it already exists, would you like to replace? I think I did. I will try reinstalling the expansion pack and trying again.
P.S. Does this have to do with the fact that my base game is paid for from Origin?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 14 Mar 2017, 03:15

Kittymew123 wrote:P.S. Does this have to do with the fact that my base game is paid for from Origin?

Yes, that changes a lot. In general, the guides are meant for pirated games only. You most likely updated your Origin base game to version 1.27, and copied/pasted "Get to Work" over it, but that's not going to work in this case I'm afraid.

Try installing a cracked base game (also available from G4TW), and then put Get to Work on top of it. Also make sure to have Origin completely closed before playing the cracked game - you can start it with the TS4.exe in the Game\Bin subdirectory.

I'm going to revamp the main guide later on to put more emphasis on the thing with cracked vs. legit games. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Mar 2017, 03:18

Thanks! I'll try doing that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Mar 2017, 16:01

I downloaded the base game from games4theworld, but now when I try to run it it just says:
The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initailize (E0).
I don't get it. What do I need to do?
EDIT: So I had G4TW's Get to Work pack installed before this, and I tried to run it and did a lot of weird things with the programs. Now when I try to run the Sims 4 it says:
Unable to start: the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Mar 2017, 17:35

Kittymew123 wrote:I downloaded the base game from games4theworld, but now when I try to run it it just says:
The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initailize (E0).
I don't get it. What do I need to do?
EDIT: So I had G4TW's Get to Work pack installed before this, and I tried to run it and did a lot of weird things with the programs. Now when I try to run the Sims 4 it says:
Unable to start: the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play.
the file rld.dll is only required in the base game. Later replaced by RldOrigin.dll
As soon as you update the file becomes obsolete and can be removed.
In your case the file is already de-activated by your Anti-virus program.

The update your game error:
Simply delete the file GameVersion from your The Sims 4 folder in User\Documents\Electronic Arts

And .... Make sure that your installation-folder is moved out of Origin Games to just Program Files.
Origin must not be active anywhere on your computer.

Bear in mind that (for the moment) as soon as you install G4TW downloads on top of a legit Origin copy of the Sims 4, you will loose the ability to play with toddlers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Mar 2017, 19:13

Okay, so I removed the GameVersion thing, but now whenever I try to open the G4TW Sims 4, it always opens up Origin saying that I need to update etc. And I know I can't update Origin now, so...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 15 Mar 2017, 05:17

Kittymew123 wrote:Okay, so I removed the GameVersion thing, but now whenever I try to open the G4TW Sims 4, it always opens up Origin saying that I need to update etc. And I know I can't update Origin now, so...

You might want to have a look at this guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24433-i-have-both-origin-g4tw-versions-of-sims-4-how-can-i-manage-the-documents-folder

Again, the reason you are getting these errors is because you are using the same folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, for both the legit and cracked games. But you should have two different such folders "The Sims 4": one for the cracked game, and one for the Origin game. And each time you play TS4, you have to make arrangements beforehand, that the correct folder is "active", before you start up TS4.

It sounds complicated, but then again, at the end of the guide I linked to are alternative methods by Tarac.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top