Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Already having sims 3 expansion packs, but how to install new ones?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Already having sims 3 expansion packs, but how to install new ones? Empty Already having sims 3 expansion packs, but how to install new ones?

Post by Guest Sat 01 Apr 2017, 11:36

Hi, I already have these packs from the sims 3: The sims 3, Exotic Island, University Life, Ambitions, Late night, Super natural, Pets, and Seasons. I installed it from games4theworld 2 years ago, so you understand that I have many families and stories in the game.
But actually I cant remember how I installed all those packs. I have the complete collection rar, so I think I just followed the steps in the file. 

But now I want to install new expansion packs (all of them). I want to add them to the already existing existing packs and all my families. But i really dont want to screw up and while downloading the new expension packs losing all my families and stories. Its very precious to me   Why. Why.

Do you have any tips or tricks to add new expensions to the already existing expansions without the whole gaming crashing and losing all my stuff? I want to do it properly.

Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Already having sims 3 expansion packs, but how to install new ones? Empty Re: Already having sims 3 expansion packs, but how to install new ones?

Post by Guest Sat 01 Apr 2017, 12:05

1. Copy the folder The Sims 3 from Documents\Electronic Arts to f.e. your Desktop.
2. Install the expansions in any order but do Into the Future as the last one. (do not play in between)
3. When you've finished the installations, play the game.

Your old families, houses etc. should still be there. If not, copy the file The Sims 3 from your desktop back to Documents\Electronic Arts.

Back to top Go down

Already having sims 3 expansion packs, but how to install new ones? Empty Re: Already having sims 3 expansion packs, but how to install new ones?

Post by Guest Sun 02 Apr 2017, 21:05

Hi, thanks for the help Smile
After I install all the expansion packs, do I need to apply the manual patch and the ultimate fix?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Apr 2017, 10:49

RosesandSims wrote:Hi, thanks for the help Smile
After I install all the expansion packs, do I need to apply the manual patch and the ultimate fix?
No, not if your game shows version 1.67 (or even 1.69).

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 05 Apr 2017, 21:31

Hello,

It's always a good idea to make a backup of your savegames, just in case anything does go wrong. But generally, adding new packs to your existing game shouldn't mess your game up in any way.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Apr 2017, 14:21

I followed these steps:

1. Copy the folder The Sims 3 from Documents\Electronic Arts to f.e. your Desktop.
2. Install the expansions in any order but do Into the Future as the last one. (do not play in between)

I installed all packs yesterday and it works great, all stories and families are still in the game. Thanks a lot Smile !!

p.s. I discoverd that you can play in between. You can just install 1 pack en then play the game (not while installing the game though!!), install another pack and again play the game. I also din't apply any cracks or anything because my game had version 1.67.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Apr 2017, 15:24

RosesandSims wrote:I followed these steps:

I installed all packs yesterday and it works great, all stories and families are still in the game. Thanks a lot Smile !!

p.s. I discoverd that you can play in between. You can just install 1 pack en then play the game (not while installing the game though!!), install another pack and again play the game. I also din't apply any cracks or anything because my game had version 1.67.
From the looks of your message you did not install the G4TW expansions.
Reason why I stated - do not play in between - is because Into the Future is the last expansion so, if required, you only have to install the crack once.
My Sims-3 downloads have their cracks already built in so you don't have to worry about them.
By the way, the version has nothing to do with cracks.

Anyway, glad it all worked out fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top