Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mods/Custom Content not showing up.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mods/Custom Content not showing up. Empty Mods/Custom Content not showing up.

Post by Guest Sun 02 Apr 2017, 22:55

I'm not exactly sure where this topic should go, but I downloaded TS4 from you guys the other day, so obviously I do not have everything in the proper position like it would be if I had bought it.
I did make a mods folder; I have the game in the proper place like the guide said to do. (This PC: Windows C:: Program Files: The Sims 4)
I downloaded some custom content, but it's not showing up. Any tips? Thank you.

Edit; I have the resource.cfg file.

Back to top Go down

Mods/Custom Content not showing up. Empty Re: Mods/Custom Content not showing up.

Post by Guest Mon 03 Apr 2017, 04:36

You have to activate it first in the game itself. When you start the game click on those 3 dots on the upper right corner.
Then go to game options. At there go to misc (or options or something like that)
There is a line which says allow custom content. Tick the box to activate. Do the same with scripts. Save and exit the game completely. Now restart the game. If everything goes right you will see a popup with the cc listed in it. If that is the case then it is working.

Back to top Go down

Mods/Custom Content not showing up. Empty Re: Mods/Custom Content not showing up.

Post by Guest Fri 07 Apr 2017, 02:47

candesco wrote:You have to activate it first in the game itself. When you start the game click on those 3 dots on the upper right corner.
Then go to game options. At there go to misc (or options or something like that)
There is a line which says allow custom content. Tick the box to activate. Do the same with scripts. Save and exit the game completely. Now restart the game. If everything goes right you will see a popup with the cc listed in it. If that is the case then it is working.
Oh, I guess I didn't mention I did that as well. It still hasn't shown up?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Apr 2017, 12:23

Lots of custom contents are made in a higher version than 1.25 (latest pirated version) and therefore won't show up in your game.
Look at the Gallery section on this forum if you want any specific mods.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Apr 2017, 02:13

Still, there is more then enough cc that is working. Any newer cc which is made after the toddler update has a chance that it doesn't work no, especially clothes. Hairs should work all the time, as they aren't affected. If you use stuff that is made up to February 2017, then you are sure that it works. I use stuff from all about style, beo, tsr (ekinege, altea, birba32,trillyke, madlen, harmonia, sentate), veranka, younzoey, blacky's sims zoo, mod the sims, annett, jennisims, mybsims (use alot of hair retextures from martini), to name a few.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top