Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone filled out the survey that The Sims team has released through twitter?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Has anyone filled out the survey that The Sims team has released through twitter? Empty Re: Has anyone filled out the survey that The Sims team has released through twitter?

Post by Guest Mon 03 Apr 2017, 23:25

Has anyone filled out the survey that The Sims team has released through twitter? Simguru Drake (and a few others but I mainly saw her tweets) tweeted out a link to a survey with future stuff packs and we were supposed to order them from: most likely to buy to least likely to buy (I still did it even though I won't buy, but I wanna still get a nice stuff pack not another bowling stuff). Cause like, none of them were good? There was this eco thing which wasn't ~bad~, there was a starter home pack (which was just like: you guys really are running out of ideas), a wedding thing (which bleh, I'm done with weddings. The only good wedding animation was in TS2 which I LIVED FOR), there was an arcade stuff (no thank you, unless they somehow turn it into carnival/theme park stuff pack) and a dangerous stuff (I read the title and I was like: OMG ROLLERCOASTERS, OMG BUNGEE, OMG ZIP LINE. Turns out it's AFTER DEATH THINGS LIKE WTF).

Aparently between the 2nd of April and the 6th, there's a general vote about the theme.
Between the 10th and the 12th, there's a vote bout the style of the art (for objects and clothes)
Between the 18th May and the 21st: Go throught the pieces of conceptual art we designed for the pack and select your fave options.
Between the 23rd June and the 26th: Select best gameplay options.
In the fall: Vote about the icon and about the title.

I think it's a good thing they are doing this but they could've come up with better things... Personally I'd really like a more furniture turned stuff, like: modern style vs traditional (cause I like to mix stuff in my houses). Or like a "homey" pack, much like generations but less (I know generations was an EP - and I rl enjoyed it). Or like for once they could get better clothes? (Hire a stylist or a designer to design clothes for them), idk. What do you think?

Ok sorry for the long post, here's some tea:  Tea 1

Back to top Go down

Has anyone filled out the survey that The Sims team has released through twitter? Empty Re: Has anyone filled out the survey that The Sims team has released through twitter?

Post by Guest Tue 04 Apr 2017, 00:08

andreasofie wrote:I think it's a good thing they are doing this but they could've come up with better things... Personally I'd really like a more furniture turned stuff, like: modern style vs traditional (cause I like to mix stuff in my houses). Or like a "homey" pack, much like generations but less (I know generations was an EP - and I rl enjoyed it). Or like for once they could get better clothes? (Hire a stylist or a designer to design clothes for them), idk. What do you think?

I really want them to bring cars back, I know there's no travelling and its all loading screens, but they should do it so if you have a car you can click on it to travel and the sim would get into it, then a loading screen. They could do a update with some cars on the base game and bring out a stuff pack with more cars in..

There are CC cars but I dont really like using custom content tbh..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Apr 2017, 00:19

andreasofie wrote:Has anyone filled out the survey that The Sims team has released through twitter? Simguru Drake (and a few others but I mainly saw her tweets) tweeted out a link to a survey with future stuff packs and we were supposed to order them from: most likely to buy to least likely to buy (I still did it even though I won't buy, but I wanna still get a nice stuff pack not another bowling stuff). Cause like, none of them were good? There was this eco thing which wasn't ~bad~, there was a starter home pack (which was just like: you guys really are running out of ideas), a wedding thing (which bleh, I'm done with weddings. The only good wedding animation was in TS2 which I LIVED FOR), there was an arcade stuff (no thank you, unless they somehow turn it into carnival/theme park stuff pack) and a dangerous stuff (I read the title and I was like: OMG ROLLERCOASTERS, OMG BUNGEE, OMG ZIP LINE. Turns out it's AFTER DEATH THINGS LIKE WTF).

Aparently between the 2nd of April and the 6th, there's a general vote about the theme.
Between the 10th and the 12th, there's a vote bout the style of the art (for objects and clothes)
Between the 18th May and the 21st: Go throught the pieces of conceptual art we designed for the pack and select your fave options.
Between the 23rd June and the 26th: Select best gameplay options.
In the fall: Vote about the icon and about the title.

I think it's a good thing they are doing this but they could've come up with better things... Personally I'd really like a more furniture turned stuff, like: modern style vs traditional (cause I like to mix stuff in my houses). Or like a "homey" pack, much like generations but less (I know generations was an EP - and I rl enjoyed it). Or like for once they could get better clothes? (Hire a stylist or a designer to design clothes for them), idk. What do you think?

Ok sorry for the long post, here's some tea:  Tea 1
Has anyone filled out the survey that The Sims team has released through twitter? Screen10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Apr 2017, 00:37

As mentioned by @andreasofie

Your vote counts! Help us create a new Stuff Pack for The Sims 4

APRIL 3, 2017BY SIMGURU GRAHAM | COMMENT

Hi Simmers! Today marks the start of an exciting partnership between those of us here at Maxis, and each and every one of you. We’re here today to announce a new project where we want you to help us create an all-new Stuff Pack for The Sims™ 4. How will this work? Let us explain…

Has anyone filled out the survey that The Sims team has released through twitter? TS4_Vote_SP

Today is the first major inflection point for this upcoming Stuff Pack, and we’re looking to you and The Sims community to guide this pack through its critical steps of development. We’re going to ask you the same questions we ask ourselves, and ultimately we’ll have a pack we can all be proud of. Development here in Maxis is always a collaborative process, with input from multiple disciplines to shape everything that we create. By adding your voices and your feedback, we’re going to make a Stuff Pack that represents your desires.

From now until April 6th, we’re gathering your votes at the bottom of this blog to help select the theme of this Stuff Pack.  At this early stage of pre-production, we pair potential features with a theme to help conceptualize the pack we aspire to create. You’ll see those features mentioned in the survey, but to be clear – you are not selecting specific features in this vote. Feature selection will occur in a separate vote, at a later time in the campaign.

The entire development of this new Stuff Pack will give you a transparent look into how Maxis works together to make new experiences for your Sims. Not only will your votes help determine what we create, but we’ll also be sharing in-depth information about our progress throughout the development process. We’ll show you images and videos of the Stuff Pack throughout development, so you can see what we see when we’re building the game. You’ll have a window into our process, be it an inside look at the meetings we hold, to gaining insight into how we respond to unexpected challenges. Along the way you’re going to meet other developers on our team, and learn about what they contribute.
You can take part in a new section of our forums that’s dedicated to this project. It’s there that we’ll post regular updates, and we’ll jump in to engage in spontaneous discussions. Your feedback in the forums will be another opportunity to help shape the course of this pack. Of course, participating can be as simple as just voting. Be sure to circle the following dates on your calendar, and return to TheSims.com to make your voice heard.

•   Theme Vote (April 3rd - April 6th): Select the overall theme for the pack. Every part of the pack will be influenced by this key decision.
•   Art Style Vote (April 10th – April 12th): Select between proposed art styles for the pack, which will guide our concept artists in the objects and clothing they create.
•   Objects & Clothing Vote (May 18th – May 21st): Browse through the concept art we’ve drawn for the pack, and select your top choices to help us determine which objects and pieces of clothing are included.
•   Feature Vote (June 23rd – June 26th): Select the top gameplay feature(s) you want to have included in the pack.
•   Pack Icon Vote (Fall): Peruse different icons and select the one that will appear in the pack's box art and within the in-game catalog.
•   Pack Title Vote (Fall): Select a title that best summarizes the pack's atmosphere and content.

For years, we’ve worked to make Sims games that we think you’ll love. This unique opportunity to work directly with all of you has our team incredibly excited. So come on… put on your honorary Producer cap and come join us. Let’s build something great, together. We can’t wait to learn more about what we’ll start making in just a few short days!
The five themes you’ll be voting on represent some of the most requested additions we’ve seen on the forums that fit within the scope of a Stuff Pack. They are…

See the following link for more info.... 

https://www.thesims.com/news/sims-4-community-stuff-pack-kickoff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Apr 2017, 00:50

Misfit203 wrote:As mentioned by @andreasofie

Your vote counts! Help us create a new Stuff Pack for The Sims 4

APRIL 3, 2017BY SIMGURU GRAHAM | COMMENT

Hi Simmers! Today marks the start of an exciting partnership between those of us here at Maxis, and each and every one of you. We’re here today to announce a new project where we want you to help us create an all-new Stuff Pack for The Sims™ 4. How will this work? Let us explain…

Has anyone filled out the survey that The Sims team has released through twitter? TS4_Vote_SP

Today is the first major inflection point for this upcoming Stuff Pack, and we’re looking to you and The Sims community to guide this pack through its critical steps of development. We’re going to ask you the same questions we ask ourselves, and ultimately we’ll have a pack we can all be proud of. Development here in Maxis is always a collaborative process, with input from multiple disciplines to shape everything that we create. By adding your voices and your feedback, we’re going to make a Stuff Pack that represents your desires.

From now until April 6th, we’re gathering your votes at the bottom of this blog to help select the theme of this Stuff Pack.  At this early stage of pre-production, we pair potential features with a theme to help conceptualize the pack we aspire to create. You’ll see those features mentioned in the survey, but to be clear – you are not selecting specific features in this vote. Feature selection will occur in a separate vote, at a later time in the campaign.

The entire development of this new Stuff Pack will give you a transparent look into how Maxis works together to make new experiences for your Sims. Not only will your votes help determine what we create, but we’ll also be sharing in-depth information about our progress throughout the development process. We’ll show you images and videos of the Stuff Pack throughout development, so you can see what we see when we’re building the game. You’ll have a window into our process, be it an inside look at the meetings we hold, to gaining insight into how we respond to unexpected challenges. Along the way you’re going to meet other developers on our team, and learn about what they contribute.
You can take part in a new section of our forums that’s dedicated to this project. It’s there that we’ll post regular updates, and we’ll jump in to engage in spontaneous discussions. Your feedback in the forums will be another opportunity to help shape the course of this pack. Of course, participating can be as simple as just voting. Be sure to circle the following dates on your calendar, and return to TheSims.com to make your voice heard.

•   Theme Vote (April 3rd - April 6th): Select the overall theme for the pack. Every part of the pack will be influenced by this key decision.
•   Art Style Vote (April 10th – April 12th): Select between proposed art styles for the pack, which will guide our concept artists in the objects and clothing they create.
•   Objects & Clothing Vote (May 18th – May 21st): Browse through the concept art we’ve drawn for the pack, and select your top choices to help us determine which objects and pieces of clothing are included.
•   Feature Vote (June 23rd – June 26th): Select the top gameplay feature(s) you want to have included in the pack.
•   Pack Icon Vote (Fall): Peruse different icons and select the one that will appear in the pack's box art and within the in-game catalog.
•   Pack Title Vote (Fall): Select a title that best summarizes the pack's atmosphere and content.

For years, we’ve worked to make Sims games that we think you’ll love. This unique opportunity to work directly with all of you has our team incredibly excited. So come on… put on your honorary Producer cap and come join us. Let’s build something great, together. We can’t wait to learn more about what we’ll start making in just a few short days!
The five themes you’ll be voting on represent some of the most requested additions we’ve seen on the forums that fit within the scope of a Stuff Pack. They are…

See the following link for more info.... 

https://www.thesims.com/news/sims-4-community-stuff-pack-kickoff

Thaaaaaank you!!!! Couldn't get it in English to post for some reason! (If you vote, 1 isn't MOST wanted and 5 is LEAST wanted!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Apr 2017, 02:37

{@=33502}andreasofie{/@}data-id='33502' class='mentiontag' title='Viewing profile: andreasofie'>@andreasofie[/mention] wrote:Thaaaaaank you!!!! Couldn't get it in English to post for some reason! (If you vote, 1 isn't MOST wanted and 5 is LEAST wanted!

Your welcome, and i need to correct your post.
you said...
(If you vote, 1 isn't MOST wanted and 5 is LEAST wanted!

1 "is" your favorite not isnt.
5 is the least favorite.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Apr 2017, 05:18

I must be the only one that actually thinks every idea they have up for voting, is pretty cool. 
Of course it's not everyones cup of tea, but more things are always fun.

Back to top Go down

Has anyone filled out the survey that The Sims team has released through twitter? Empty Has anyone filled out the survey that The Sims team has released through twitter?

Post by Guest Tue 04 Apr 2017, 05:28

The only idea i like is the dangerous SP, if this werent a choice i might like others. but i like the fact that its not some old rehashed idea thats been used over and over and over again. there is finally a choice for something original. which is very rare when it comes to the sims franchise. though as i stated in a thread over on the sims forums, i would be much happier to see a Dearly Departed Expansion or Game Pack.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Apr 2017, 08:40

//SPLIT

Posts split and moved to a separate thread, since that doesn't have anything to do with either toddlers or vampires. Smile

Am I the only person finding this idea 'meh'? Granted, it's a novel idea in the history of the Sims-franchise, so haters can't simply re-iterate that EA are only recycling past ideas. Also, say what you like about EA or The Sims 4, but their (new?) marketing department's got some neat ideas.

But really, for one single stuffpack only, that gives you what? A dozen or so new items and maybe one or two more hours of new gameplay time? A bold idea - that would also justify the entire media attention this Twitter-post is seemingly given - would be to involve the general public in all upcoming TS4 DLCs, until the end of the game's lifespan.

However, don't let yourselves get discouraged by my (weird) opinion. If you'd like to get involved, and if it makes you feel happy and/or "part of something bigger", then feel free to do so of course.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Apr 2017, 10:42

Misfit203 wrote:The only idea i like is the dangerous SP, if this werent a choice i might like others. but i like the fact that its not some old rehashed idea thats been used over and over and over again. there is finally a choice for something original. which is very rare when it comes to the sims franchise. though as i stated in a thread over on the sims forums, i would be much happier to see a Dearly Departed Expansion or Game Pack.
I agree, TS4 is seriously lacking in the graveyard department. I hope they pick this, although they'll probably end up doing the eco thing because it has laundry and there's been some noise about that.

Anyhow, I think it's a nice idea, I wonder what they will come up with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Apr 2017, 11:09

Misfit203 wrote:
 {@=33502}andreasofie{/@}data-id='33502' class='mentiontag' title='Viewing profile: andreasofie'>@andreasofie[/mention] wrote:Thaaaaaank you!!!! Couldn't get it in English to post for some reason! (If you vote, 1 isn't MOST wanted and 5 is LEAST wanted!

Your welcome, and i need to correct your post.
you said...
(If you vote, 1 isn't MOST wanted and 5 is LEAST wanted!

1 "is" your favorite not isnt.
5 is the least favorite.

Oops. Sleepiness and mobile aren't always a good connection...

//EDIT

Misfit203 wrote:The only idea i like is the dangerous SP, if this werent a choice i might like others. but i like the fact that its not some old rehashed idea thats been used over and over and over again. there is finally a choice for something original. which is very rare when it comes to the sims franchise. though as i stated in a thread over on the sims forums, i would be much happier to see a Dearly Departed Expansion or Game Pack.

I get that it's 'new' but tbh I was never one to explore the life after death aspect in any of the Sims (unless you count vampires since they are ~technically~ dead). Idk how they would explore this. I don't really like the ghosts in the game. And new death ways feels meh to me. None of the packs are particularly appealing to me but I did like the thing they did with TS3 with the wind things (I cannot remember the name of) and the solar panels and the electrical cars and the laundry thing (I hate doing laundry in real time but in game I, for some reason, like it?). 
Also, they had the chance to do wedding stuff when they released the romantic garden stuff (which had great female hair, not gonna lie).

Another thing they could do as I guess "marketing" would be to go to the simtube community and ask for some opinions on what they think new stuff should be. I've heard some great ideas from some of them. Someone said theme park or carnival stuff (I can't remember who and I was like: yes! That would be entertaining cause imagine them shooting water guns at targets and getting HUGE stuffed animals or throwing basketballs at the basketball machine thing and roller coasters and Mary go rounds and cotton candy and ooooh I wish it was a stuff pack)

Back to top Go down

Has anyone filled out the survey that The Sims team has released through twitter? Empty Who asked for any of these stuff packs?

Post by Guest Wed 05 Apr 2017, 13:34

Has anyone filled out the survey that The Sims team has released through twitter? 2d1jqet

Who asked for any of these stuff packs? Answer: No one, because we don't want stuff packs.

Mod edit: posts merged.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Apr 2017, 14:29

Dangerous and wedding stuff looks fun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Apr 2017, 16:45

It looks to me like drawing attention to the sims 4.
Apparently they could not sell enough copies to the public.
Simply not enough cash flowing in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Apr 2017, 21:14

I feel (like some people here) instead of stuff packs, give us game or ep packs to vote on. This game is drowning in the mass of stuff packs, not so much game or ep's, which tend to add a lot more to the game.  I would not mind seeing something with seasonal things or maybe develop the family bits a bit more. We got a lot of social stuff so far but they should be looking at the past games to see what people actually enjoyed, being those games probably sold better... though I have no figures to back up that part, its merely an opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Apr 2017, 19:58

Thought I'd update: Eco Living is the new stuff pack that derived from the vote, and supposed to be released in the fall/winter.
Edit: I don't know why laundry machines weren't a thing from the beginning (and other items) but alright...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Apr 2017, 21:33

andreasofie wrote:Thought I'd update: Eco Living is the new stuff pack that derived from the vote, and supposed to be released in the fall/winter.
Edit: I don't know why laundry machines weren't a thing from the beginning (and other items) but alright...
I actually voted for that one oddly enough. But I do agree with you about the laundry thing for sure, it seemed a wee bit odd that it was not a thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top