Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Households not loading, tried everything.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Households not loading, tried everything. Empty Households not loading, tried everything.

Post by Guest Sun 09 Apr 2017, 17:35

Okay so here's where I am at:

My households are not loading up at all. Press play, create family, select town, house and BOOM back to the select town menu. 

What I've tried to do:
I've deleted all of my saves, tray files, localthumbcache, screenshots..Everything.
I've tried taking out the mod folder, options file and starting the game and putting my mods folder and options file back..nothing.

I do however have a 30 GB mods folder. I have over 27.000 files in my mods folder and they are all organised like:
>Clothes
>Makeup
>Etc
>etc
I've tried locating bad mods, cc by using ModConflictDetector.

Is there another way to try to find a solution instead of deleting mods? I mean most of the files in my mods folder is Cc and I usually download from trusted creators so I don't get how it could mess up my game. 

In the back of my head I know it's probably a cc or a mod but I am willing to try anything because 27.000 files are way to much to go through. 

Any help will be appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Households not loading, tried everything. Empty Re: Households not loading, tried everything.

Post by Guest Wed 12 Apr 2017, 19:59

I really, **really** recommend you download The Sims 4 Studio (it's on a forum and you have to make an account to get the download) Here's the link. I have tons of CC too and I can almost guarantee you that is what is crashing your game. Use the Sims 4 studio to merge your packages together, then test your packages, group by group or one by one, to find out what CC is breaking your game. Also, merging the packages together makes the game run smoother.

Back to top Go down

Households not loading, tried everything. Empty Re: Households not loading, tried everything.

Post by Guest Wed 12 Apr 2017, 20:39

I also recommend downloading The Sims 4 Tray Importer (S4TI). That program will allow you to see every bit of CC in your game and will link you to the actual file saved in your mods folder so you can move it or delete it from your game. You can download S4TI here. You'll have to translate the page but it's legit and the program is super helpful. S4TI also lets you export your own lots (with or without CC) so you can share your creations with others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Apr 2017, 13:29

Dear sweeteizus,

I have tried merging my cc files so many times with S4S. Each time I try to do that I can't even open my game. In detail: My game works with the mods I have and when I merge them it says something like it's not compatible.
It recently took me 3 days to sort through my mods folder and categorise everything. 
I also have S4TI installed that's how I deleted tray files. 
I also have the ModConflictDetector and it hasn't detected anything so far. 

I've asked around and there doesn't seem to be a limit to how many cc you can have. I have a gaming computer with more than enough RAM so my computer can handle all the cc. 

Is there another way to merge files that I can try? If so and let's say it works, that would be a life  game saver!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Apr 2017, 21:37

Make sure that you are not merging *already merged* packages together, that'll crash your game too. Does that make sense? Say you create a package of a bunch of lipsticks, then you try to merge *that* package into a makeup package with other files. That doesn't work. That has been my experience anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Apr 2017, 21:43

You might want to consider deleting your mods folder, or just copying it to the desktop, and completely start over. I know it's a hassle but it *will* fix the problem. The best way to deal with CC in my opinion is to create a "test" folder inside your mods folder, and place all newly downloaded content in there and start the game to see if it works. If they work save the files, if not, it's easy to rule out the bad CC. Most of the time I've noticed though that it isn't "bad cc" so much as it's just packages that have been merged incorrectly. 

I really recommend you use the sims 4 tray importer as well! It will let you see and delete all of the custom content you have in your game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Apr 2017, 17:24

I am not merging already merged packages. Poses don't work in cas now. I can't pick traits and I can't even name my sims anymore. I am going to have to go through 27.000 packages and do the 50/50 situation. My game is completely broken from all the cc. 

LESSON LEARNED TODAY: Don't be like me. You don't need 27.000 cc files. It will break your game eventually. 

Since there's nothing I can do regarding my broken game without deleting cc I shall have to call this case: Closed!

Thank you sweeteizus for all the help and information. All of that was really, -really- helpful!  

Aadmien liekesss!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top