Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So this happened after installing the 1.25 update...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So this happened after installing the 1.25 update... Empty So this happened after installing the 1.25 update...

Post by Guest Fri 14 Apr 2017, 00:23

Is this a common issue? I didn't see anything in the forums about it. I downloaded every Sims 4 game and expansion from GFTW, by the way. 

So this happened after installing the 1.25 update... Untitl10

Why God. Why God. Why God.

Back to top Go down

So this happened after installing the 1.25 update... Empty Re: So this happened after installing the 1.25 update...

Post by Guest Sun 16 Apr 2017, 10:07

Apparently you did something wrong.
Ik looks like you applied the fix and that set your game back to basegame only.
Re-apply City Living.
Don't use the fix

Back to top Go down

So this happened after installing the 1.25 update... Empty Re: So this happened after installing the 1.25 update...

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 16 Apr 2017, 17:51

@sweeteizus, you should only use the materials (updates/DLC), that are mentioned in this topic here - bookmark that post if you like.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

The current 1.25 "Update-Only Ultimate fix" is NOT mentioned in that post, and for a good reason. If you asked why there was no "main" 1.25 Ultimate fix, it is because the filesize of this thing would have been around 5GB. Releasing an Ultimate fix this time would have caused unnecessary difficulties, so there is the official City Living expansion-torrent, which as of now acts as a fix, if you will.

Tea 5

Edit: if re-applying just the City Living DLC does not work, start over with re-applying Get to Work -> Get together, and finally City Living again...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Apr 2017, 21:06

I just did a fresh install Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Apr 2017, 21:10

sweeteizus wrote:I just did a fresh install Smile
Result ????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Apr 2017, 21:11

Still installing at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Apr 2017, 23:04

FFS.

After I did a fresh install the game wouldn't load up, it would just stay on this screen:So this happened after installing the 1.25 update... Untitl11

I have no clue what to do. I moved my Sims 4 folder to the desktop and restarted and that didn't help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Apr 2017, 23:06

I have 64 bit windows and I'm like 99% sure I followed the installation directions correctly.  Why God. Why God. Why God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Apr 2017, 23:17

I moved my mods and tray folder to the desktop and the game loaded. I guess somehow my files were corrupted after re-installing..? **sigh**

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Apr 2017, 23:44

I'm doing a system restore...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Apr 2017, 14:57

Before installing new patches etc from here, you should move your saves, mods and tray folder out of User/ Documents/ Electronic arts/ The sims 4/and onto the desktop. Then install latest update from here to program files and the sims 4. Run the game as administrator once, then close game and add your tray and saves to your documents sims 4. Check if it runs. After that add your mods again. With me this worked every time an update became available and I never had issues with the mods. Smile

Back to top Go down

So this happened after installing the 1.25 update... Empty city life

Post by Guest Fri 12 May 2017, 23:33

mine happend this after installing city life

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 May 2017, 10:58

Did you remove the above mentioned files to the desktop before installing? I mean CUT and Paste or MOVE to. Not just copy paste. You have to do that with every new pack you install. It works for me every time. No issues. Most of the older mods keep on working. My game is a bit laggy, but I tend to really overdecorate my lots and have masses of cc. And with overdecorate I mean my houses are full of nice stuff and the gardens are turned into jungles with lots and lots of plants, trees and flowers as well as rocks etc. Smile

Last edited by Loonieloose on Sat 13 May 2017, 11:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : try to explain better)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top