Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims4 does not "update" after installing Get to Work

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims4 does not "update" after installing Get to Work Empty Sims4 does not "update" after installing Get to Work

Post by Guest Thu 24 Sep 2015, 20:00

Hello,

So I know there was a thread on this before but that seems to be about the same issue but when having Origin installed.

I don't have origin installed, don't know if that might be my issue but I didn't find anything about needing it so I skipped it.

So the issue is that when I try to install GTW, following the guide in the .rar file, nothing seems to happen. The title is the same and there seems to be no updates on content or anything. I have the base game from you guys and I have installed the ultimate fix (v. 1.10.57.1020).

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I know one thread said to copy the files from the .rar and place them in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin and the guide said to put them into C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\

I tried both and none of them worked for me  WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Please help?

Back to top Go down

Sims4 does not "update" after installing Get to Work Empty Re: Sims4 does not "update" after installing Get to Work

Post by Guest Sun 27 Sep 2015, 05:17

Hi there, @rimfrost, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

So, you mean you have two copies of the game on your PC at the moment? One in Origin Games and one in Electronic Arts? Did you also have the game bought on Origin?

Also, the game should be currently located at Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4, instead of Electronic Arts (if you bought it from here). If you downloaded the latest Ultimate Fix, you should follow the Installation Guide that is located inside.

Back to top Go down

Sims4 does not "update" after installing Get to Work Empty Re: Sims4 does not "update" after installing Get to Work

Post by Guest Sun 27 Sep 2015, 14:47

Hi,

Sorry didn't see the "Origin Games" part of the path i copied Oh my...

No, I only have one copy and that is as you said in Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4 and not in the EA folder and I don't use origin.

I have the ultimate fix version 1.10.57.1020 from 16th of September, is there a newer one?

I did follow the installation guide and the guide to add the folders and files to the anti-virus exception list.

EDIT 27/9 18.23

I have now completely uninstalled Sims 4 and Get to Work and tried downloading them again. 
After installing the ultimate fix Sims 4 now stops responding at the loading screen, sometimes at the "tip" screen and sometimes when showing the new features of "spa day". As I just installed it, I don't have any CC, mods or save files. I've tried removing the The sims 4 folder from my document but that doesn't seem to be doing anything. 

@SeoY  Any idea why this is happening?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top