Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin login keeps popping up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin login keeps popping up Empty Origin login keeps popping up

Post by Guest Fri 05 May 2017, 07:49

I recently downloaded the expansion packs to apply to a pre existing base game (installed from disk) as looking around the forums confirmed that was possible to do.

I copied the expansion files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4 as a reply said to do but when I open the game from the .exe in the game folder it prompts me to log in to Origin even if Origin was completely closed before trying to launch the game

I've disabled my AVG to allow C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4 to go undetected but I'm at a loss on how to get this to work without Origin popping up

Back to top Go down

Origin login keeps popping up Empty Re: Origin login keeps popping up

Post by Guest Fri 05 May 2017, 11:20

As long as you play the pirated The Sims 4 from the directory Origin Games you will get this error !
Move the folder The Sims 4 from Origin Games to just Program Files.

Present directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4.
New destination: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4

MOVE the directory, NOT COPY !!! or use CUT and PASTE
As soon as you play with pirated expansions do NOT update via Origin as you will loose all pirated stuff.
Once you moved the directory and try to play the game you will get an error about wrong version, update via Origin.
Do not update but go to your game-progression folder:
C:\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete the file GameVersion.

Of course add the new location C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4 to the exceptions of your AV
Also make sure that when starting the game no instances of Origin are active on your computer. Check the ^sign (bottom task bar near the clock) for the icon of Origin.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top