Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many posts do I actually need to PM people?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How many posts do I actually need to PM people? Empty How many posts do I actually need to PM people?

Post by Guest Mon 08 May 2017, 19:53

never seen a system like this on any forum before, do I need 5 posts before I can PM someone? it says I "haven't reached the limit"

Back to top Go down

How many posts do I actually need to PM people? Empty Re: How many posts do I actually need to PM people?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 08 May 2017, 20:10

//Topic moved.

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
You need 2 posts, so you've reached the threshold Wink
Though if this is about the TS4 update, you may want to check out the latest Global Announcement in stead Very Happy
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

How many posts do I actually need to PM people? Empty Re: How many posts do I actually need to PM people?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 08 May 2017, 20:42

seventhirty wrote:never seen a system like this on any forum before, do I need 5 posts before I can PM someone? it says I "haven't reached the limit"

Hello!

The question is also on the Forum FAQ here, under IV. "Posting issues and Private messaging":
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24098-forum-faq

I cannot send private messages:
As an anti-spam measure, new users must make at least 2 posts on the Forum in order to be able to send private messages. If you haven't made 2 Forum posts and you still wish to send a message to a Moderator, for example if you want to report abusive messages or if you want to ask for advice about external links/downloads, go to the Moderator's Forum profile and then under the "Contact"-tab. See if there is a green e-mail button. If there is, you can click on that button and write an e-mail message. The Moderators may or may not get back to you (for e.g. requesting additional information), depending on the situation.

Beyond that, it is possible that your individual ability to send private messages has been disabled by the Forum Administrators.

"Anti-spam" measure is admittedly a slight exaggeration, since spambots could still spam the forum first, and then go to PMs. But so far, we haven't had any issues with the system. Two Forum posts sounds fair enough for me; or do you think we should lower the treshold?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top