Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Use ZlOrigin on Mac?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Use ZlOrigin on Mac? Empty Use ZlOrigin on Mac?

Post by Guest Thu 11 May 2017, 00:19

Hey,

I've been following the forums for a while, so naturally was excited when seeing the ZlOrigin alternative to play Vampires and Toddlers.

I've been running the City Living version under Wine as I cannot install Bootcamp onto my mac, but I can't seem to figure out how to make ZLOrigin to work on mac?

The ZClient seems to work well, but when opening up ZLOrigin, it tells me I need to update Origin. I can either go to offline mode (which won't work with ZClient) or update Origin (which would break ZLOrigin).

Does anyone know how to make a successful Wineskin so that I can run ZLOrigin on mac and play the new Sims 4? Thanks for the help.

Back to top Go down

Use ZlOrigin on Mac? Empty Re: Use ZlOrigin on Mac?

Post by Guest Fri 12 May 2017, 14:36

Hi!

Ho did you install ZClient using Wine? How to run as admin on mac?

Thank for the help!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 May 2017, 23:36

chaeminuschae wrote:Hi!

Ho did you install ZClient using Wine? How to run as admin on mac?

Thank for the help!!
Yeah ZClient worked fine.

I think it doesn't open with the standard Wine app, however if you download the Wine Development app (you can find this somewhere on the WineHQ website), Zclient will open perfectly. There'll be no need to run as admin I believe.

However there still is the issue with ZLOrigin which I do not know how to bypass.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jul 2018, 13:35

I am sorry for bumping this old topic but after months I've still not found a clear answer. I just want to play the Sims 4 and the new expansions on Mac!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 08 Jul 2018, 15:21

NeoBowser wrote:I am sorry for bumping this old topic but after months I've still not found a clear answer. I just want to play the Sims 4 and the new expansions on Mac!

//MOVED

Hello,

Keep in mind that we cannot provide official Mac Support (because the current team specializes in Windows only, and the few Mac Moderators we had 'retired' a very long time ago already). All we can offer are 3 threads written here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32299-wineskin-wrapper-for-ts4-works-on-latest-1-36-104-1020-patch
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t31552-how-to-download-and-install-the-sims-4-on-mac
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t31942-mac-tips-or-tricks-speed-up-your-mac-in-seconds

Note that you ought to take these guides "as they are", because we could not respond in case you had follow-up questions.

If all else fails, consider installing a Windows OS-partition the Mac computer (Bootcamp).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Aug 2018, 00:45

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
NeoBowser wrote:I am sorry for bumping this old topic but after months I've still not found a clear answer. I just want to play the Sims 4 and the new expansions on Mac!

Hello,

Keep in mind that we cannot provide official Mac Support (because the current team specializes in Windows only, and the few Mac Moderators we had 'retired' a very long time ago already). All we can offer are 3 threads written here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32299-wineskin-wrapper-for-ts4-works-on-latest-1-36-104-1020-patch

Hi guys! The wrapper I created on the link ghostman posted above still works. It's the same I'm current playing TS4 v 1.44.88.1020 (chose not to update to latest because of blurry screenshots).

Just a FYI.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top