Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZlOrigin Disconnected: Critical Update Required, ZlOrigin Not Running [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ZlOrigin Disconnected: Critical Update Required, ZlOrigin Not Running [SOLVED] Empty ZlOrigin Disconnected: Critical Update Required, ZlOrigin Not Running [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 28 Sep 2017, 17:29

I am sorry if this has been asked before but I cannot seem to find a solution, my game worked fine until yesterday, when the ZUpdater said it was too old, so I redownloaded and installed ZClient and ZlOrigin from their official website, but now I have this error:

ZlOrigin Disconnected: Critical Update Required, ZlOrigin Not Running [SOLVED] OwSmyCr

If I click restart now, it just relogins and shows the error again. Occasionally, I still can start the game from the ZClient RUN button after repeatedly login/logout, but most of the time, it will show this error if I try to run the game from ZClient

ZlOrigin Disconnected: Critical Update Required, ZlOrigin Not Running [SOLVED] OcOBeIK

This error is annoying, and as far as I know if I cannot get this fixed then I won't be able to update in the future. I do not have any other Sims 4 version or Origin installed.
Thank you for reading and helping if you are able to. Smile

Last edited by tatteredtara on Sun 01 Oct 2017, 11:12; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

ZlOrigin Disconnected: Critical Update Required, ZlOrigin Not Running [SOLVED] Empty Re: ZlOrigin Disconnected: Critical Update Required, ZlOrigin Not Running [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 28 Sep 2017, 18:58

Go to the ZLOrigin folder in Program Files (x86)
Open the folder, scroll down to the file unins000.exe and click it.
ZLOrigin will now uninstall.
When completed install ZLOrigin again via the folde Zl-system -> ZLOrigin->setup

Back to top Go down

ZlOrigin Disconnected: Critical Update Required, ZlOrigin Not Running [SOLVED] Empty Re: ZlOrigin Disconnected: Critical Update Required, ZlOrigin Not Running [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 29 Sep 2017, 05:05

I have uninstalled and reinstalled ZOrigin no less than 10 times, I have tried to install it in different places, including in the same folder of ZClient but the error still continue to happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Sep 2017, 11:13

Have a look at your taskbar, probably at the ^-sign.
Check for instances of Zclient and ZLOrigin.
Close them all and connect anew.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Sep 2017, 11:55

Yes, I have tried to exit ZClient and ZLOrigin in the taskbar corner but it seems like I have a better chance of running TS4 if I logout and login again. But if I try to login ZLOrigin, the error will surely happen. 
I want to add that I have tried to logged out of ZLOrigin so I do not have to see the Disconnected message, but it does not solve the real problem because I still cannot see the My Game tab on ZLOrigin and that probably means I will not be able to update in the future.
And Polarbear, thank you very much for your replies, I am really running out of things to try... so any suggestion is welcomed.
UPDATE: I finally received an answer from a veteran helper on the Discord channel of Zloemu, they suggested to download the newest Origin program from Origin website, not the ZOrigin, and now I have a new shiny thing with no Disconnected: Critical Update Required error. But still...an empty My Games, so I added Sims 4 manually... oh well...I am glad this solves a bit of the problem, but I do not know if Zloemu will release a new ZOrigin or not, I wonder if I am the only one affected by this error...  Why God.

FYI, this is my Origin now

ZlOrigin Disconnected: Critical Update Required, ZlOrigin Not Running [SOLVED] UjYUGTe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Sep 2017, 16:31

When you updated ZLOrigin, did you also reboot your PC ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Oct 2017, 06:39

Yes, almost every time I uninstall something I run CCleaner and reboot my PC. But now I have the normal Origin, not the ZLOrigin anymore. The ZLOrigin will show the error Disconnected.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: 
Thank you, @polarbear for your patience and assistance, you really gave me motive to doublecheck myself
I tried to uninstall and reinstall everything, VERY CAREFULLY this time, step-by-step:
1. Delete the Origin and ZLOrigin folders completely, run CCleaner, reboot my PC.
2. Go to https://zloemu.tk/faq to download ZClient and ZLOrigin and install them, start them strictly in this order.
This time it works, I got the ZLOrigin back with My Games and The Sims 4 in it.
Lesson: I highly suspected that something leftover in my Origin/ZLOrigin folders as the cause of all these troubles, and/or along the way, I forgot to start ZClient before ZLOrigin which caused ZLOrigin to bug out, or because I got panicked when ZlOrigin could not login automatically so I login manually (but it is supposed to login automatically from ZClient's effect)... It is hard to know for sure which one of it is the main culprit now, but I hope fellow forum users can learn a bit info from my experiences.

ZlOrigin Disconnected: Critical Update Required, ZlOrigin Not Running [SOLVED] RNIWueg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Oct 2017, 13:59

Hi @tatteredtara and thank you for updating your topic and include the steps you've taken. As you've noticed, there's a couple of topics as well in regards to the ZLOrigin not being able to run/connecting properly. 

I'll close this topic for the moment, and do PM me should you wish to add anymore updates. If not, feel free to open a new topic if you have any other questions or bugs in-game.

Till then, cheers and enjoy the game! Surprised
Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top