Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZLOrigin and VPNs? and mixing g4tw with zlorigin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ZLOrigin and VPNs? and mixing g4tw with zlorigin Empty ZLOrigin and VPNs? and mixing g4tw with zlorigin

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 21:40

I have a question about ZLOrigin. I heard that the games themselves aren't cracked, but the Origin client is. So, when you are downloading games do you need a VPN like when torrenting through Bittorrent? So far I've been using CyberGhost.

Also, is it possible to download/install Get Famous ONLY? As in without the base game, because I've already installed it with G4TW. I've already downloaded the Games folder in the Get Famous release topic incase I get the zlorigin version again. I was able to download only the Get Famous pack earlier, but deleted it when clearing out my computer.

*edit* 
Also, should I be worried about throttling? Or internet service being cancelled by my provider? The last time I got a letter was about 2 years ago when I didn't know to use a vpn and downloaded the ENTIRE sims 3 collection, but the sims 4 base was about 13 gb and the Get Famous EP was only 2, so I'm not super worried but at the same time I don't pay for internet in my house and wouldn't want to be the cause of us losing it  Oh my...

Gatekeeper Edit: moved to the right section.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

ZLOrigin and VPNs? and mixing g4tw with zlorigin Empty Re: ZLOrigin and VPNs? and mixing g4tw with zlorigin

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 23:07

No, you don't need VPN for using ZLOrigin. Just like you don't need it when downloading from Google Drive, Mediafire, Mega, etc. You're safe without it.

ZLOrigin will detect DLCs you already have. Put this file in your game installation directory and run it. That will ensure ZLOrigin finds your game.

Back to top Go down

ZLOrigin and VPNs? and mixing g4tw with zlorigin Empty Re: ZLOrigin and VPNs? and mixing g4tw with zlorigin

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2018, 21:56

Thank you so much for the quick reply! I successfully downloaded Get Famous and it's in the game, but I can't press play when I start the sims 4. The play button isn't greyed out or anything, it's just that nothing happens when I press play and I have no saved games or anything so I can't load an old one. I'll remove my mods folder and see if it helps because maybe they just aren't up to date with Get Famous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2018, 22:37

All script mods are broken with this update.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 19 Nov 2018, 16:53

DezureVu wrote:*edit* 
Also, should I be worried about throttling? Or internet service being cancelled by my provider? 

If you live in the US or one of its satellite states (e.g. UK, France, Germany), then generally yes.  Killkillkillkill!  ZLOrigin indeed represents a feasible alternative for people who cannot torrent copyrighted material over their regular internet connection. Or use the downloads from anadius, in the event you want to be more selective as to which DLC you want to have in the game:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33925-the-sims-4-alternative-installer-v2-download-only-what-you-need-even-smaller-than-before

Note that ZLOrigin installs everything, and you cannot "pick and choose" there.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top