Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How safe is ZOrigin to use?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How safe is ZOrigin to use? Empty How safe is ZOrigin to use?

Post by Guest Sat 13 May 2017, 11:22

Hi, I have a question.

I trust you guys, your torrents, help and installation guides have always been very helpful.

But this russian site you get the alternate origin from.. how safe is that? Cause I am getting bad vibes off of it.

Back to top Go down

How safe is ZOrigin to use? Empty Re: How safe is ZOrigin to use?

Post by Guest Sat 13 May 2017, 11:38

Hello,

Well, it's basically a black box, even for us.
They have servers of their own that enable you to connect to EA servers and play the games, but any flaw in their security will expose all the users...

I believe it is not a good solution.
That being said, I also believe EA will not be able to spot any of this anyways.
But theoretically, it isn't very good ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 May 2017, 12:55

For the moment, it appears to be safe. They have taken measures to protect the end users. Signing up to their service brings the same risks as signing up to any service, however.

It's worth mentioning that their servers are based in Russia, so it's very unlikely EA will be able to do something about it. Worst case scenario, they find a way to shut down the servers and we won't be able to play anymore. I don't think they would target the users directly, even if they could. They are all potential customers, after all, so why piss them off? 

If you're wondering if the program itself is safe. So far, none of the users here have reported problems on the account of it being unsafe. @Tarac also tested it thoroughly and believes it's malware free/safe to use. Outside of TS4, people have been using it to play Battlefield. However, no one can guarantee anything, so it's still up to you whether you trust it or not.

Do keep in mind, they have been having trouble with their servers. If you decide you want to give it a shot, make sure they are on-line, or you might run into errors.

Also, it's always a good idea to make back-ups of your important files.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 May 2017, 13:36

Meanwhile I also tested Battlefield 4.
It's an enormous download, but ..... it works and no virusses detected.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top