Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

launcher crashes after following the crashes/ freezes fix

View previous topic View next topic Go down

launcher crashes after following the crashes/ freezes fix  Empty launcher crashes after following the crashes/ freezes fix

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jan 2012, 05:33

I recently downloaded Sims 3 Pets, and at first the game would launch just fine and it would run for a while. But after a while within 5 seconds to 5 minutes, the game would crash. So I tried to look into it and found "The Sims 3 crashes/ freezes..." I've tried the the fixes 1 and 2. But I didn't have the tab or option of "vertical sync" for my video card. After I finished 1 and 2 I couldn't open up my launcher anymore. It gave me a message saying dep was blocking it or something. So I removed it. restarted. But it still wouldn't work. I just thought somethings probably wrong with my comp so i tried re-installing it. Then restarted my computer. But it still wouldn't launch. so i tried to open it manually in Program files(x86) and it launched. But my saved games didn't load. :/ I was too scared to proceed any further, So I just exited Sims.
Did i do something wrong?
:{

Back to top Go down

launcher crashes after following the crashes/ freezes fix  Empty Re: launcher crashes after following the crashes/ freezes fix

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 02 Jan 2012, 10:55

Hello,
Did you create a back up of your save games before uninstalling? If not, they might be lost. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\...\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves and look for any files there. If its empty, your save games have been removed during the uninstall.
If that's the case, you could try getting them back using this program. I haven't tested it myself though.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

launcher crashes after following the crashes/ freezes fix  Empty Re: launcher crashes after following the crashes/ freezes fix

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jan 2012, 12:24

I actually found out that it wasn't the dep settings. It was changing the properties of the exe. files. So I reverted them back to the way they were, and the launcher worked and started loading the saved game. But then it would crash while loading. Also I'm getting a weird message, something like unofficial game does not match your current version of Sims 3.
I don't know if that's useful or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 02 Jan 2012, 12:50

Hello,
Yes that's very useful actually, it tells me that you're using an outdated mod. Either the temporary fix, or another mod. If you're using the temporary fix, remove its .package file from your mods\packages folder and get the latest official fix.
If its some other mod, you'll have to find out which one by removing all mods and putting them back in small groups to find out which one.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jan 2012, 14:33

Ahhhh okay! Thanks! I'll give it a try
Very Happy

//EDIT

I found the mod that was causing that message. For some reason my game
still won't load. It gets past the new game/ saved game screen to the
loading screen, but then crashes. I've changed the DEP settings like the
fix thing says. And I also made sure to check which fix I had and it
wasn't the temporary one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top