Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The game freezes then crashes! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The game freezes then crashes! [SOLVED] Empty The game freezes then crashes! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 11 Sep 2014, 17:38

Hi, so I've been playing The Sims 3 with eps (Late Nights, Generations, and Seasons) for years now. Everything runs smoothly until I updated my patch to 1.67 together with your Ultimate Fix. After the update, the game started to lag and crash every time I try to play it. I've tried all the possible solutions (removing the ccs, dep, clearing caches, etc.), but none of them worked. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the latest patch. Can someone please help me? Also, I would like to know if the Ultimate Fix is compatible with the 1.55 patch, because I read somewhere that 1.55 runs better than 1.67(?) I was hoping to test it. Any tips or suggestions? Thank you!

Back to top Go down

The game freezes then crashes! [SOLVED] Empty Re: The game freezes then crashes! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 11 Sep 2014, 17:54

Hi there, and Welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Regarding your issue, did you re-download the Ultimate Fix when you updated your game? Also, are all of the games from here, and did you update the game with the Manual Patch? In other words, please re-do the Steps #2-4 from this link, making sure to re-download both the Manual Patch and the Ultimate Fix, before applying them:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Also, did you follow all of the steps from this link?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

Please keep in mind that you should add ALL of the .exe's that are inside the The Sims 3\Game\Bin folder to the DEP, besides the ones mentioned in the guide.
And, did you try the 4GB Patch on the game? This could help too.

Mmm... I'm not sure if the Ultimate Fix is backwards compatible, but I don't think so. Maybe someone could clarify this for us. I wouldn't recommend it, but that's just me.

Please, let us know if any of this helped. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

The game freezes then crashes! [SOLVED] Empty Re: The game freezes then crashes! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 11 Sep 2014, 18:09

SeoY wrote:Hi there, and Welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Regarding your issue, did you re-download the Ultimate Fix when you updated your game? Also, are all of the games from here, and did you update the game with the Manual Patch? In other words, please re-do the Steps #2-4 from this link, making sure to re-download both the Manual Patch and the Ultimate Fix, before applying them:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Also, did you follow all of the steps from this link?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

Please keep in mind that you should add ALL of the .exe's that are inside the The Sims 3\Game\Bin folder to the DEP, besides the ones mentioned in the guide.
And, did you try the 4GB Patch on the game? This could help too.

Mmm... I'm not sure if the Ultimate Fix is backwards compatible, but I don't think so. Maybe someone could clarify this for us. I wouldn't recommend it, but that's just me.

Please, let us know if any of this helped. Good luck! Very Happy

Thank you for the warm welcome! I appreciate it Smile

Anyway, it was my first time to download the Ultimate Fix when I updated my patch. I have never dared to update my game until the ccs I wanted to install needed a software update. Sadly, I haven't discovered Games4TheWorld yet when I downloaded my base game and eps (except Generations), so no, they came from the other torrents. And yes, it was through the manual patch that I downloaded here.

I've checked the DEP before and all of the .exe's were automatically added. Will the 4GB patch gonna work even if my ram is 3GB only?

P.S Should I re-download all my installers? Like download your copies instead? (I recently downloaded Towns Life from your torrent, so hopefully it will work fine) Very Happy

Thank you for the help!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Sep 2014, 18:34

alittlesunshine wrote:
Thank you for the warm welcome! I appreciate it Smile

Anyway, it was my first time to download the Ultimate Fix when I updated my patch. I have never dared to update my game until the ccs I wanted to install needed a software update. Sadly, I haven't discovered Games4TheWorld yet when I downloaded my base game and eps (except Generations), so no, they came from the other torrents. And yes, it was through the manual patch that I downloaded here.

I've checked the DEP before and all of the .exe's were automatically added. Will the 4GB patch gonna work even if my ram is 3GB only?

P.S Should I re-download all my installers? Like download your copies instead? (I recently downloaded Towns Life from your torrent, so hopefully it will work fine) Very Happy

Thank you for the help!!!

No problem! Wink

So, let me see if I understand correctly. The issues started appearing after you applied the Ultimate Fix for the first time, just after you applied the Manual Patch to 1.67 from here, too? And when you said "except Generations", do you mean you downloaded this EP from here? If so, did you install it at the time you updated to 1.67, or was it before? Sorry for all the questions, but I'd like to understand your situation a little better. Smile

Yes, I think the 4GB Patch will help even if you have 3GB RAM. Not sure, but it won't hurt to try. Is your system 32-bit or 64-bit?

Sadly, there's not much I can say about torrents that are not from G4TW. Unless you tell us where did you get them, there's no way to know if they will work. The only ones that are guaranteed to work with the Ultimate Fix (as far as I know), are the ones that you get from here. If this problem started appearing when you applied the Ultimate Fix for the first time, one possible reason is that the torrents that you got from somewhere else are not compatible with it. But, having to uninstall and then re-install your games is something we try to avoid. 

We look forward to hearing from you. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Sep 2014, 19:38

SeoY wrote:
No problem! Wink

So, let me see if I understand correctly. The issues started appearing after you applied the Ultimate Fix for the first time, just after you applied the Manual Patch to 1.67 from here, too? And when you said "except Generations", do you mean you downloaded this EP from here? If so, did you install it at the time you updated to 1.67, or was it before? Sorry for all the questions, but I'd like to understand your situation a little better. Smile

Yes, I think the 4GB Patch will help even if you have 3GB RAM. Not sure, but it won't hurt to try. Is your system 32-bit or 64-bit?

Sadly, there's not much I can say about torrents that are not from G4TW. Unless you tell us where did you get them, there's no way to know if they will work. The only ones that are guaranteed to work with the Ultimate Fix (as far as I know), are the ones that you get from here. If this problem started appearing when you applied the Ultimate Fix for the first time, one possible reason is that the torrents that you got from somewhere else are not compatible with it. But, having to uninstall and then re-install your games is something we try to avoid. 

We look forward to hearing from you. Good luck!

Yup, I started getting an error after updating my patch and applying the Ultimate Fix at the same time Sad

My copy of Generations was downloaded here. Very Happy And nope, it was already installed before updating to 1.67. I don't mind the questions. It's totally fine! I should be the one apologizing for the troubles.

I'd definitely give 4GB a try! My system is 64-bit, btw.

And oh, I got my base game from Incapable91. As for Late Nights and Seasons, I forgot where I got them lol. I guess, I'm going to re-download the base game and the 2 eps from here, just to make sure. I'll just run CCleaner after I uninstalled everything. I am very hopeful that it'll work, if not, I'll be posting here again hahaha.

Thanks, SeoY! You are awesome! Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Layloria Thu 11 Sep 2014, 20:03

Hello,

The 4GB patch won't really help as Sims 3 uses 1.5 -  2GB of RAM leaving you with about 1GB left, you need this to run Windows 7 and other vital processes.
Also the current Ultimate Fix is not backwards compatible, you'll need the Ultimate Fix for patch 1.55

Anyway, does the crashing happen when in live mode or CAS/build mode?
Also, try making a new save and see if the crashing persists.

Thanks,
Like a Star @ heaven Layloria
Layloria
Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Sep 2014, 20:12

Here is another tip you might want to try. Though this is a last resort, please consider it just in case something does go terribly wrong.

Uninstall the entire game, all expansions, and saved games. Mods are in their own folder, if you have such things present, but they can be moved and reapplied at a later date.

1. Download the base game.

2. Follow Steps 2-4 of the instruction manual provided with the Sims 3 FIX.

3. Install the latest expansion. If you have Into The Future, outstanding. This will automatically update your Sims 3 game to the latest version.

4. Install all expansions.

5. Add the Fixes provided into their proper folders, and please make sure you click "Yes" when it asks you to override.

6. Once you do that, start up the game with the latest expansion's icon and update the Store once there.

7. (Optional) Reapply your Mods folder to the C:\Programs (x86)\Electronic Arts\Sims 3\Game\Bin

8. Start the game with the latest expansion icon clicked, and enjoy the game.

Remember, this is an "If all else fails" option. This is how I personally fix all my issues if something terribly goes wrong.

Hope this helps you in the future if times get tough with Sims 3!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Sep 2014, 21:32

Layloria wrote:Hello,

The 4GB patch won't really help as Sims 3 uses 1.5 -  2GB of RAM leaving you with about 1GB left, you need this to run Windows 7 and other vital processes.
Also the current Ultimate Fix is not backwards compatible, you'll need the Ultimate Fix for patch 1.55

Anyway, does the crashing happen when in live mode or CAS/build mode?
Also, try making a new save and see if the crashing persists.

Thanks,

Hello, Layloria! Thanks for the tip. I'm currently running Windows 7, so I guess it's not much of a problem. Very Happy Also, thank you for clarifying about the Ultimate Fix. I had zero idea if it is ever going to work. It's crystal clear now.

The crashing happens during CAS and build mode. Sad The game will freeze for more than ten seconds then a black screen will appear. And oh, I will absolutely try to make a new save. Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Sep 2014, 21:38

Sanctum wrote:Here is another tip you might want to try. Though this is a last resort, please consider it just in case something does go terribly wrong.

Uninstall the entire game, all expansions, and saved games. Mods are in their own folder, if you have such things present, but they can be moved and reapplied at a later date.

1. Download the base game.

2. Follow Steps 2-4 of the instruction manual provided with the Sims 3 FIX.

3. Install the latest expansion. If you have Into The Future, outstanding. This will automatically update your Sims 3 game to the latest version.

4. Install all expansions.

5. Add the Fixes provided into their proper folders, and please make sure you click "Yes" when it asks you to override.

6. Once you do that, start up the game with the latest expansion's icon and update the Store once there.

7. (Optional) Reapply your Mods folder to the C:\Programs (x86)\Electronic Arts\Sims 3\Game\Bin

8. Start the game with the latest expansion icon clicked, and enjoy the game.

Remember, this is an "If all else fails" option. This is how I personally fix all my issues if something terribly goes wrong.

Hope this helps you in the future if times get tough with Sims 3!

Hi Sanctum! If I install Into The Future, I will no longer need to manually update my patch to 1.67, right? Thanks!!! I'm taking note of this. cheers I'm just not sure if my pc can handle all the expansion packs D: but really, takes for the tip!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Sep 2014, 21:52

alittlesunshine wrote:Hi Sanctum! If I install Into The Future, I will no longer need to manually update my patch to 1.67, right? Thanks!!! I'm taking note of this. cheers I'm just not sure if my pc can handle all the expansion packs D: but really, takes for the tip!

Well, it's recommended that you download it and apply it anyway. If you are a little unsure about if your PC can handle all the expansions, you can post your specs here so we can take a look at them, and give you a recommendation. If you want, of course. 

Please keep us updated on what you did, and if the issue was resolved, or improved. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Sep 2014, 06:46

SeoY wrote:
Well, it's recommended that you download it and apply it anyway. If you are a little unsure about if your PC can handle all the expansions, you can post your specs here so we can take a look at them, and give you a recommendation. If you want, of course. 

Please keep us updated on what you did, and if the issue was resolved, or improved. Good luck! Very Happy

I'm currently re-downloading everything, except Generations and Towns Life. Very Happy It may take awhile. Of course, it would be much appreciated to get a recommendation. 

So, here are my specs:

Processor: AMD C-50 Processor (2 CPUs), ~1.00 GHz
RAM: 3GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System
Free disk space: 45GB (I plan to uninstall more unused software/files)
Video card: AMD Radeon HD 6250 Graphics

I'm using Acer Aspire 5253.

I know my specs are not the best for gaming, but TS3 base game together with 2 eps still run smoothly Smile

One quick question: Do I update my patch right after I install the base game or should I install the expansion packs first?

Thanks a bunch!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Layloria Fri 12 Sep 2014, 12:36

Hello,

Your specs are quite low for Sims 3. However you've taken the right steps to only install 2 expansions. Also I recommend having your graphics low.

You can update your game after base game. The install expansions and apply the Ultimate Fix.

Thanks,
Layloria
Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Sep 2014, 14:10

alittlesunshine wrote:
SeoY wrote:

I'm currently re-downloading everything, except Generations and Towns Life. Very Happy It may take awhile. Of course, it would be much appreciated to get a recommendation. 

So, here are my specs:

Processor: AMD C-50 Processor (2 CPUs), ~1.00 GHz
RAM: 3GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System
Free disk space: 45GB (I plan to uninstall more unused software/files)
Video card: AMD Radeon HD 6250 Graphics

I'm using Acer Aspire 5253.

I know my specs are not the best for gaming, but TS3 base game together with 2 eps still run smoothly Smile

One quick question: Do I update my patch right after I install the base game or should I install the expansion packs first?

Thanks a bunch!!!

Hi again! Smile

I meant the Manual Patch in the last reply. Just a clarification. Wink

Those specs seem a bit low for the game. Specifically the CPU and the graphics card. I don't think the Graphics will give you problems in you play in middle to low, but the CPU may cause issues if you install a lot of EPs. 
I suggest that you give it a try everytime you install a EP, to see how it runs.
The free disk space is a bit low too, but you can fix that by deleting some junk or even with an external hard drive. 

Regarding your question, you can update the game at any point. It's recommended that you do it after installing the EPs, but you can do it before with no problems. 

If you have any other questions or issues, don't doubt to come back! Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Sep 2014, 16:16

Layloria wrote:Hello,

Your specs are quite low for Sims 3. However you've taken the right steps to only install 2 expansions. Also I recommend having your graphics low.

You can update your game after base game. The install expansions and apply the Ultimate Fix.

Thanks,

Would I be able to add one more expansion pack if I turn my graphics low or should I just stick with Late Nights & Generations? I kinda want to install Towns Life, but I'm thinking twice now. 

Thank you again, Layloria  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Sep 2014, 16:25

SeoY wrote:
Hi again! Smile

I meant the Manual Patch in the last reply. Just a clarification. Wink

Those specs seem a bit low for the game. Specifically the CPU and the graphics card. I don't think the Graphics will give you problems in you play in middle to low, but the CPU may cause issues if you install a lot of EPs. 
I suggest that you give it a try everytime you install a EP, to see how it runs.
The free disk space is a bit low too, but you can fix that by deleting some junk or even with an external hard drive. 

Regarding your question, you can update the game at any point. It's recommended that you do it after installing the EPs, but you can do it before with no problems. 

If you have any other questions or issues, don't doubt to come back! Good luck! Very Happy

Oops! I got lost a little. Hahaha. Very Happy My game runs nice with just 2 eps installed, I will try to add one more and see if it will be okay.

I will definitely keep you updated.
Again, thank you for the help! I truly apologize for all the questions and troubles.  Noob here lol.

Last edited by alittlesunshine on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 16:37; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Sep 2014, 16:30

alittlesunshine wrote:
Oops! I got lost a little. Hahaha. Very Happy My game runs nice with just 2 eps installed, I will try to add one more and see if it will be okay.

I will definitely keep you updated.
Again, thank you for the help! I truly apologize for all the questions and troubles.  Noob here lol.

You don't need to apologize for the questions. That's why we Helpers are here, to answer questions and help people with their troubles. Very Happy

Yes, you should definitely try and see how the game handles the Expansion/Stuff Packs. If it becomes too laggy (as I think that as long as you keep the graphics low the CPU is the one that could put problems), you can try these tips to see if they help:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes

Yes, please let us know how it goes! Good luck. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Sep 2014, 18:41

SeoY wrote:
You don't need to apologize for the questions. That's why we Helpers are here, to answer questions and help people with their troubles. Very Happy

Yes, you should definitely try and see how the game handles the Expansion/Stuff Packs. If it becomes too laggy (as I think that as long as you keep the graphics low the CPU is the one that could put problems), you can try these tips to see if they help: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes

Hello again!

I finally solved the puzzle. 

The latest patch and Ultimate Fix work properly now. Smile Although, the game still lags a little bit, but I think I can live with that. I guess I've missed to delete some bad/incompatible ccs which caused the game to crash.  Also, I was able to install 3 EPS after turning my graphics low. 

Thank you so much for all the help, SeoY (especially you), Layloria, and Sanctum. You guys are the best!  bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Sep 2014, 18:43

alittlesunshine wrote:
SeoY wrote:

Yes, you should definitely try and see how the game handles the Expansion/Stuff Packs. If it becomes too laggy (as I think that as long as you keep the graphics low the CPU is the one that could put problems), you can try these tips to see if they help: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes

Hello again!

I finally solved the puzzle. 

The latest patch and Ultimate Fix work properly now. Smile Although, the game still lags a little bit, but I think I can live with that. I guess I've missed to delete some bad/incompatible ccs which caused the game to crash.  Also, I was able to install 3 EPS after turning my graphics low. 

Thank you so much for all the help, SeoY (especiall you), Layloria, and Sanctum. You guys are the best!  bounce

No problem! Very Happy

I'm glad that the issue is solved now, and that you were able to install 3 EPs. Remember to check the link I gave you for tips on reducing the lag that you have. If you have any other questions or issues, don't doubt to come back. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Sep 2014, 18:46

SeoY wrote:
No problem! Very Happy

I'm glad that the issue is solved now, and that you were able to install 3 EPs. Remember to check the link I gave you for tips on reducing the lag that you have. If you have any other questions or issues, don't doubt to come back. Good luck!

I will definitely come back! Thanks again Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Sep 2014, 23:56

Problem solved, topic locked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top