Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOW DO I UNINSTALL TODDLERS & VAMPIRES UPDATE + NON-WORKING FIX [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HOW DO I UNINSTALL TODDLERS & VAMPIRES UPDATE + NON-WORKING FIX [SOLVED] Empty HOW DO I UNINSTALL TODDLERS & VAMPIRES UPDATE + NON-WORKING FIX [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 20 May 2017, 00:12

After not being able to play my game for a few days, I've decided to uninstall the toddlers & vampires/fix.  I made a back-up of my working Sims 4/City living game but I'm not sure how to do this, as I can recall the fix replaced a lot of files. I don't want to lose my saved games.

Nobody replied to help me fix the non-working fix, so I'll wait and check here periodically to see if the infinite loading screen has been fixed properly before attempting this again.

Now, the only thing is:WILL ANYONE ACTUALLY REPLY TO THIS POST TO HELP ME UNINSTALL THIS MESS? Me thinks not.

Last edited by JANNO on Mon 22 May 2017, 15:50; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

HOW DO I UNINSTALL TODDLERS & VAMPIRES UPDATE + NON-WORKING FIX [SOLVED] Empty Re: HOW DO I UNINSTALL TODDLERS & VAMPIRES UPDATE + NON-WORKING FIX [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 20 May 2017, 17:53

Hi JANNO,

As far as I know, if you already backed up entire game folder, you can perform a downgrade to the previous version by deleting the game folder and paste the previous version you backed up to the "Program Files (x86)" folder.

After that, you have to remove the game's data folder in «your document folder path»\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 since the game's data isn't compatible with the old version.

Did you also backed up the data folder too? If yes, you can paste the backup game data to the game's data folder. If not, just leave it. It will be generated after you start the game.

After you've done these things, play the game by run as an administrator like a fresh start. It should be worked.

Hope this helps. Smile

Back to top Go down

HOW DO I UNINSTALL TODDLERS & VAMPIRES UPDATE + NON-WORKING FIX [SOLVED] Empty Re: HOW DO I UNINSTALL TODDLERS & VAMPIRES UPDATE + NON-WORKING FIX [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 20 May 2017, 17:54

Hi! When you say back up, you meant the folder where your saves are located right? Usually i just back-up that folder should anything go wrong. If yes, then it might sound tedious but i think you should re-install back the game up till City Living. Since replacing the files/folders without uninstalling might messed up the game.

Nobody replied to help me fix the non-working fix, so I'll wait and check here periodically to see if the infinite loading screen has been fixed properly before attempting this again.

Are you talking about the temporary fix by any chance? I too had similar loading problems and after applying it, it worked. Maybe you might have miss a step?

PS: sorry if i'm not actually helping with anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 May 2017, 20:03

Hi Janno,

first of all, I am sorry to hear that NOBODY(?) tried to help you. Really?This I think is incorrect. The people here are bending over double to try to help us if we have a problem. Lots of us had the infinite loading screen. The vast majority was helped by the fix. I think there might have been two or three who reported that it did not help them. There are plenty of threads addressing that problem, If you looked at them all, (after all we are supposed to look through all the forums to see if we can't find anything to help us before asking the moderators for assistance), you might have found the link that its_selina supplied and tried that? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30012-infinite-loading-screen-problem#

She posted that link all over.
I truly appreciate the people here and admire their patience. If a problem was addressed multiple times, we still expect them to answer us individually, AGAIN addressing the same issue over and over again because we might be to lazy to read other peoples post's. Sorry for this.

And your best bet would be a re- install of city living, If you run the game and it mentions something about running a newer version, please rename your Sims 4 File in Documents to Sims 4_ old, restart the game and you can play to your hearts content, or delete the Game version File found in Documents/ Electronic Arts/ The sims 4.    Another one of the solutions offered many times to many individual posters who demand to be helped without reading posts that address the same issue they have and who then say stuff like
Now, the only thing is:WILL ANYONE ACTUALLY REPLY TO THIS POST TO HELP ME UNINSTALL THIS MESS? Me thinks not. That in my opinion is NOT FAIR Sorry for the rant, my apologies.

Last edited by Loonieloose on Sat 20 May 2017, 20:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 May 2017, 20:50

Thank you everybody for at least responding to this post.  Believe me when I say that I have looked at all the posts on these forums several times as well as looking elsewhere.

I am referring to the temporary fix which is not working for me, that is the Selina post that Loonieloose referred to, it's also on youtube. Loonieloose is also one of the few people who responded to another disgruntled post having the same problem as me mandykinz, so I thank you for that.

As of yet my original post of SIMS 4 TODDLERS & VAMPIRES FIX NOT WORKING(error content missing) has had 0 replies.
I do get what you are saying, I am grateful that this site exists.  However it is frustrating because I had a perfectly working game which is unplayable now. In future when these updates are announced I will wait until they have been tried and tested for some time.

I will try your suggestions for uninstalling or go back to playing Sims 3.

Everybody, I do appreciate the help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 May 2017, 23:30

No, it's not this error. I get: unable to start cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. Please repair or re-install via Origin {85262c58:29f00e76.

I don't have Origin installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 May 2017, 16:13

So, I knew that I had to take out my mods folder and delete the localthumbcache file before installing the update and fix.  What I didn't know was that my Saves & Tray files also needed to be moved.

Also when entering the exceptions in my anti-virus, I missed the fact that the path file presented to me read Sims 4/Game_ etc. This was not the path where the fix was applied. It should read Sims 4/Game (without the underscore).

Having made these changes, I took out the Saves & Tray file from my desktop file,
Re-named my sims 4 to sims 4 old then went to my x86 C:drive folder and launched the game from there.

It worked, no error message, the game loaded as if new. I was able to create sims,vampires,toddlers and place them in game without the infinite loading screen.

I've started building, updated my mods and put them back in without any problems so far (fingers crossed).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 May 2017, 17:07

I for one am very happy to hear that. Keeping fingers crossed as well Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top