Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mods not working after Installing new Vampires/Toddlers update.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mods not working after Installing new Vampires/Toddlers update. Empty Mods not working after Installing new Vampires/Toddlers update.

Post by Guest Thu 18 May 2017, 00:05

Hi, I recently installed the recent update for the Sims 4 and I have been experiencing issues with my mods.

I re-enabled mods after installation, yet there is nothing, it reset my gameplay too.

Back to top Go down

Mods not working after Installing new Vampires/Toddlers update. Empty Re: Mods not working after Installing new Vampires/Toddlers update.

Post by Guest Thu 18 May 2017, 14:03

The same happened to me when I installed the new update but I used Mod Conflict Detector by DmitryMalfatto its a great program for checking if your mods are broken, conflicting or doubles.Alot of my mods and CC where broken files and the program allows me to check the broken ones and delete them without having to go searching in my mods folder. Just google Sims 4 mod checker and it should be the 1st results and it should be on Modthesims.info Smile
I highly recommend it Smile

Back to top Go down

Mods not working after Installing new Vampires/Toddlers update. Empty Re: Mods not working after Installing new Vampires/Toddlers update.

Post by Guest Thu 18 May 2017, 17:01

Funnily enough, I already have it. I ran a scan, but it didn't do anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 May 2017, 19:38

Did you remove your mods out of the sims4 folder BEFORE installinig??? That bis an absolute must which was mentioned on numerous occasions. Then, after installing the update, you move them back slowly, while checking if there are problems. I have over 5000 mods and only one file so far corrupted the game. No matter what update I did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 May 2017, 19:49

Loonieloose wrote:Did you remove your mods out of the sims4 folder BEFORE installinig??? That bis an absolute must which was mentioned on numerous occasions. Then, after installing the update, you move them back slowly, while checking if there are problems. I have over 5000 mods and only one file so far corrupted the game. No matter what update I did.

I have the same problem. I thought I removed the mods before installing but turns out they were still there. Is there anything I can do now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 May 2017, 19:57

remove them completely,to desktop and start a vanilla game. Remove saves and tray as well, also the desktop. Name your sims 4 game sims4 old and start up new game.
than put the mods back, bit by bit and see if that helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 May 2017, 20:13

Loonieloose wrote:remove them completely,to desktop and start a vanilla game. Remove saves and tray as well, also the desktop. Name your sims 4 game sims4 old and start up new game.
than put the mods back, bit by bit and see if that helps.

Which folder should I rename to sims4 old? and how do I get a new one? I don't get that part. Thank you for your quick reply

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 May 2017, 20:27

In Documents / electronic arts. There is the sims 4 file. That one name sims4 old. BUT, please move, not copy, the mods, tray and saved games out of there to your Desk top. Than start a new game, run it as Administrator ( Right mouse click - run as administrator ) you will get all the loading screens again. Play the game a bit, safe and exit. now try putting mods back. not all of them together. I have over 5000 mods, so you can imagine how long it took. you have to start the game continuously , play and check if everything works. Time consuming, I know. Good luck. hope it helped!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 May 2017, 20:41

if you have anything like MCCC then they need updating too, or they wont work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 May 2017, 20:46

Loonieloose wrote:In Documents / electronic arts. There is the sims 4 file. That one name sims4 old. BUT, please move, not copy, the mods, tray and saved games out of there to your Desk top. Than start a new game, run it as Administrator ( Right mouse click - run as administrator ) you will get all the loading screens again. Play the game a bit, safe and exit. now try putting mods back. not all of them together. I have over 5000 mods, so you can imagine how long it took. you have to start the game continuously , play and check if everything works. Time consuming, I know. Good luck. hope it helped!

It works! Thankfully I only had one mod I really need in my game, the rest was just boring tbh. So it was easy to see when it works or nah. 

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 May 2017, 20:48

Glad it helped! IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 May 2017, 21:44

I think I was fortunate not to have had any of the loading screen, CAS, save or mods issues -- I backed up my Mods folder, saves, Tray, Screenshots, ReShade settings, etc. and uninstalled the game. I hard-deleted both the Documents/The Sims 4 folder and the Program Files Sims 4 folder, then made sure there was nothing TS4-related in the registry. Reinstalled the game, played it vanilla for a bit, created a couple of families, saved. I re-added everything in small batches -- first the basic cc like makeup, accessories, and things that I knew would most likely be safe. Loaded the game, played and tested. Went back out and added more items, tested, added more items, tested, repeat.

When all the regular cc tested clean, I started adding updated hacks & mods (like MCCC, traits, UI cheats, etc.), making sure to delete any old/non-compatible versions. Tested and played for a while, made a few sims, moved them into hoods, yada yada. The very last thing I added back to the game was my old Saves folder, and everything worked perfectly. It was a 100% smooth reinstall, thankfully. It has helped in the past to install packs and updates this way, at least during the TS2 and TS3 days, so I tried that with this update and it seemed to work well. It also gives you an opportunity to cull old crud that you no longer want, or things that don't work or look good in your game anyway (think spring cleaning lol).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top