Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mods not working after update... [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mods not working after update... [SOLVED] Empty Mods not working after update... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 21 May 2017, 20:17

It's been literally two days and I did just about everything and it's still not showing up in my game. When I updated the game, my mods were nowhere to be found. I removed them, played vanilla, and added them back. Still nothing. I uninstalled the game completely and even removed the mods folder to create a fresh one. I repeated the same steps and still nothing. I even read up on previous forums and did what was suggested...still nothing. Is it just me that's having this problem? If anyone have this same problem and was able to fix it please reply...

Back to top Go down

Mods not working after update... [SOLVED] Empty Re: Mods not working after update... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 21 May 2017, 22:02

Are they actually activated in Game? If you load the game do they show at startup?
Check if they are ticked in Game options, advanced, There you will find twi blocks, one for mods, the other one for script mods. Both must be ticked.

Back to top Go down

Mods not working after update... [SOLVED] Empty Re: Mods not working after update... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 21 May 2017, 22:37

Loonieloose wrote:Are they actually activated in Game? If you load the game do they show at startup?
Check if they are ticked in Game options, advanced, There you will find twi blocks, one for mods, the other one for script mods. Both must be ticked.
Yes, they are. Whenever I add a small amount mods, I get stuck at the loading screen so I don't know if they are loaded in properly...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 May 2017, 08:35

But that means there is a problem mod in that small amount.  Have you got script mods and new custom traits etc stuff? something that alters things in CAS? Does the Game run smoothly without the mods? If yes, than you have to find it. Did you remove tray and saves file as well? In there the problem mod can be causing havoc as well!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 May 2017, 08:42

Are you adding any hacks that might need updating to newer versions, or are the files all CAS/decorating-type cc? Do you have anything like a custom CAS background or something that changes what the load screen looks like or anything like that?

When I updated to the 1.29 patch, I backed up all of the important folders (mods, saves, Tray, screenshots, etc.) and uninstalled the game, then deleted both the Documents/Sims 4 folder AND the Program Files/Sims 4 folder (the one the contains the ts4.exe file). Reinstalled and played the game vanilla for a while, then slowly added in basic cc like accessories, makeup, etc., then tested and played for a while, and then added the other items back to the game in batches (clothes, hair, object sets, etc.), then tested and added hacks, and finally Tray items and Saves. IF you have to reinstall, you can try this method, and maybe you'll be able to pinpoint the issue. It could be a rogue cc item or two that could be causing a problem, and even though you're adding them back in small batches it could be among those few.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 May 2017, 18:29

InfiniteIndigo wrote:Are you adding any hacks that might need updating to newer versions, or are the files all CAS/decorating-type cc? Do you have anything like a custom CAS background or something that changes what the load screen looks like or anything like that?

When I updated to the 1.29 patch, I backed up all of the important folders (mods, saves, Tray, screenshots, etc.) and uninstalled the game, then deleted both the Documents/Sims 4 folder AND the Program Files/Sims 4 folder (the one the contains the ts4.exe file). Reinstalled and played the game vanilla for a while, then slowly added in basic cc like accessories, makeup, etc., then tested and played for a while, and then added the other items back to the game in batches (clothes, hair, object sets, etc.), then tested and added hacks, and finally Tray items and Saves. IF you have to reinstall, you can try this method, and maybe you'll be able to pinpoint the issue. It could be a rogue cc item or two that could be causing a problem, and even though you're adding them back in small batches it could be among those few.
I did exactly all of that and still nothing. My question is, do I keep the mods folder in the EA or move them to the The Sims 4 folder located in the programs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 May 2017, 18:31

Loonieloose wrote:But that means there is a problem mod in that small amount.  Have you got script mods and new custom traits etc stuff? something that alters things in CAS? Does the Game run smoothly without the mods? If yes, than you have to find it. Did you remove tray and saves file as well? In there the problem mod can be causing havoc as well!
Whenever I remove the folders, a duplicate (WITHOUT my CCs) gets put right back into the EA folder. I tried everything and it's not working for me at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 May 2017, 19:15

Hi! 

Quick question: What mods are you trying to 'installed'? Perhaps I could do a test-run of it and see if it shows up? Just give me the name and I'll try to find it online if it's possible. Or I guess you could screenshot where you put your mods currently.

Also, the mods folder will automatically spawn in the Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 so you don't have to worry about that. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 May 2017, 19:38

Ageha wrote:Hi! 

Quick question: What mods are you trying to 'installed'? Perhaps I could do a test-run of it and see if it shows up? Just give me the name and I'll try to find it online if it's possible. Or I guess you could screenshot where you put your mods currently.

Also, the mods folder will automatically spawn in the Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 so you don't have to worry about that. 
I'm doing a complete start over once again... Everything has been deleted, even the Programs folder and the EA folders. And I downloaded all recent stuff from Thesimsresource. Where do you put your mods? Do you keep them in the Documents/EA/The Sims 4 or move them to the Progamsx86/The Sims 4 folder?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 May 2017, 19:41

avere wrote:I'm doing a complete start over once again... Everything has been deleted, even the Programs folder and the EA folders. And I downloaded all recent stuff from Thesimsresource. Where do you put your mods? Do you keep them in the Documents/EA/The Sims 4 or move them to the Progamsx86/The Sims 4 folder?

All mods/CCs should be place under the Documents/EA/The Sims 4. You did mentioned that the mod folder keep appearing even though you deleted them.  Smile I'll try to download a random mod and see if it pops up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 May 2017, 19:44

Ageha wrote:
avere wrote:I'm doing a complete start over once again... Everything has been deleted, even the Programs folder and the EA folders. And I downloaded all recent stuff from Thesimsresource. Where do you put your mods? Do you keep them in the Documents/EA/The Sims 4 or move them to the Progamsx86/The Sims 4 folder?

All mods/CCs should be place under the Documents/EA/The Sims 4. You did mentioned that the mod folder keep appearing even though you deleted them.  Smile I'll try to download a random mod and see if it pops up.
Yes this is correct, whenever I added city living, get to work, etc. a new folder would replace my mods folder which was weird. But I'm going to download it all straight forward without adding any mods/ccs. I will keep you updated if anything happens...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 May 2017, 19:55

avere wrote:Yes this is correct, whenever I added city living, get to work, etc. a new folder would replace my mods folder which was weird. But I'm going to download it all straight forward without adding any mods/ccs. I will keep you updated if anything happens...

Okay so I tested a mod, it's a hair mod though and it showed up in my game. If you have specific mod in mind, do tell me and I'll test it out. And of course, do keep us updated if you managed to get it working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 May 2017, 16:24

Ageha wrote:
avere wrote:Yes this is correct, whenever I added city living, get to work, etc. a new folder would replace my mods folder which was weird. But I'm going to download it all straight forward without adding any mods/ccs. I will keep you updated if anything happens...

Okay so I tested a mod, it's a hair mod though and it showed up in my game. If you have specific mod in mind, do tell me and I'll test it out. And of course, do keep us updated if you managed to get it working.
Do you know how long we should play vanilla before adding mods back in?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 May 2017, 17:09

Only once or twice just to check if everything is working properly! Cas and life mode, build mode everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 May 2017, 17:36

IT WORKS!! THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 May 2017, 20:53

Great news. Now, when putting mods and cc back, do it very slowly, batch by batch and test continuously so as not to load a corrupt cc content, which might corrupt your game again.

Last edited by Loonieloose on Sun 28 May 2017, 20:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top