Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The Sims 4 Stopped Working"? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The Sims 4 Stopped Working"? [SOLVED] Empty "The Sims 4 Stopped Working"? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 27 May 2017, 10:00

This topic is linked to the endless household loading screen problem. Although the endless household loading screen problem is common, I did not stumble upon another user that has the same problem as me. BUT if there are other topics that have already discussed this, please lock this or delete this topic!

Hey! Today I binge-downloaded everything from The Sims 4 base game to the toddlers/vampires/bowling night stuff pack through games4theworld. This is the first time I've downloaded The Sims 4. I downloaded the games/expansions/stuff/etc in the order I was told to and followed videos by a YouTuber named Karma Tastic.

So, BEFORE I downloaded the toddlers/vampires/bowling night pack, everything functioned properly, but I never moved a household in and started playing until AFTER I installed the toddlers/vampires/bowling night pack, so I didn't even know if my game was even 100% function-able before I got the toddlers/vampires/bowling night pack. *My installation folder of The Sims 4 is under my "Local Disk (C:)". I am running on Windows 7.

I finished making my first household and moved them in. This was where I experienced the endless loading screen problem. I searched it up, and found a fix posted in these forums. I followed the steps here https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t29990-possible-fix-for-endless-household-loading-screen-missing-language-strings-g4tw-toddlers-repack; I renamed my "Game" folder "Game_" and put the new "Game" folder into the folder. As it says in the fix, I tried launching the TS4.exe (not the TS4_x64.exe) from the new "Game" folder and the game would launch, but the screen would be black for a minute and then crash with a window popping up saying "The Sims 4 has stopped working". I have also tried to launch the game through the shortcut on my desktop and it functioned properly until the endless loading screen appeared again.

Here is a screenshot of the installation folder on my computer if it helps!
"The Sims 4 Stopped Working"? [SOLVED] Screen11

Please help me!! Thanks in advance!! Why God.

Last edited by Ageha on Mon 29 May 2017, 15:25; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Hard to read)

Back to top Go down

"The Sims 4 Stopped Working"? [SOLVED] Empty Re: "The Sims 4 Stopped Working"? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 27 May 2017, 14:19

simmingsweetheart wrote:

Hi and welcome the forum! Laughing

It seems as of today, there's a lot of "sims 4 has stopped working" error. However, I guess my main question here is that your screenshot, is that the correct one? Or did you perhaps upload the wrong photo? Because your path file shows the City Living, so I'm assuming that it's actually not the correct one, and that's the contents of the 'update' for City Living.

Back to top Go down

"The Sims 4 Stopped Working"? [SOLVED] Empty Re: "The Sims 4 Stopped Working"? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 29 May 2017, 03:32

Ageha wrote:
simmingsweetheart wrote:

Hi and welcome the forum! Laughing

It seems as of today, there's a lot of "sims 4 has stopped working" error. However, I guess my main question here is that your screenshot, is that the correct one? Or did you perhaps upload the wrong photo? Because your path file shows the City Living, so I'm assuming that it's actually not the correct one, and that's the contents of the 'update' for City Living.
Ahahaha oops  Embarassed Embarassed  I totally put it in the wrong folder! I re-did it, but dropped the files in the correct location this time. It works! Thank you!  lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 May 2017, 15:25

simmingsweetheart wrote:Ahahaha oops  Embarassed Embarassed  I totally put it in the wrong folder! I re-did it, but dropped the files in the correct location this time. It works! Thank you!  lol!

Haha! It's no problem at all. Glad it works now! Do open a new topic if there's anymore problem. Cheers~ Very Happy

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top