Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My game crashing a lot

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My game crashing a lot Empty My game crashing a lot

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 08:01

i can't even get passed the loading screen when i try to play the game i did everything right and it still crashes. i did the new folder and it will go to the game and act like i never played it then it will freeze. i even looked into support and ran it compatible for windows 8 and it still freezes. So very frustrating i was looking forward to having toddlers and vampires again.

Back to top Go down

My game crashing a lot Empty Re: My game crashing a lot

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 17:30

mystichaze wrote:i can't even get passed the loading screen when i try to play the game i did everything right and it still crashes. i did the new folder and it will go to the game and act like i never played it then it will freeze. i even looked into support and ran it compatible for windows 8 and it still freezes. So very frustrating i was looking forward to having toddlers and vampires again.

Hi there,

What new folder exactly? Is it for the endless loading fix? Or something else? Does your game still crash with Parenthood update? Also, try to remove any mods/CCs inside your Sims 4 folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Jun 2017, 04:18

i did and i also re did the infinite loading screen this is what happened after i started the gameMy game crashing a lot 20170611

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Jun 2017, 14:59

So, does it still crash after that screen or it's working fine now? If it still does crash,

• Make sure your drivers are up-to-date
  • Check that the game is using your graphics chip.
  • Else, (this seem like my fav thing to check now) if you have any lastCrash_### or lastException_###(numbers) you can check those. 99% of the time, the cause is listed inside and can be understood. If you have, and not sure about it, you can zip them up and send it to me via PM.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jun 2017, 20:16

Hi,

I just saw your last exception. Unfortunately, I'm unable to pin-point the exact cause. Here's what I found that I think is causing the problem though. If any of this somehow reminds you of a mod or something, you can delete that.

• Failure: 'sims4/geometry'

• importlib._bootstrap

• Failure: 'sims4/tuning/geometric -both this and the one above doesn't seem to be mod related so it might be the game itself.

• adaptive_clock_speed -  Your graphics card option. Is it overclocking or didn't clock to the max perhaps?

Else, take a look at this alternate solutions here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Jun 2017, 08:09

i actually took out my mod folder and moved it to my desktop

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Jun 2017, 12:30

maybe its the mods that conflicts your game, what i did is i downloaded Sims 4 Studio, and i checked every mod i have if it might conflict my game, i deleted all the mods i dont use, all the mods that dont appear normally and it fixed my game. u can also try other programs to fix and manage your mods. i hope this would help. sorry for my broken english tho, i just hope that you understood everything i tired to say Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Jun 2017, 15:25

Is your game still crashing till now? Try to play in windowed mode, or if you want to, re-install the game again pack by pack. Unfortunately, if it constantly crashed, to the point of annoyance, I'd suggest you to revert back to the 'working EP' before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 09:20

i took all the files out and reinstalled them one by one but it won't let me play cause it knows i have to newest update its soo very frustrating but i will keep trying hopefully i can get it working on my pc if not i can still play on my laptop. (which doesn't have the toddler and vampire update)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 12:57

what is window mode?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 20:45

mystichaze wrote:i took all the files out and reinstalled them one by one but it won't let me play cause it knows i have to newest update its soo very frustrating but i will keep trying hopefully i can get it working on my pc if not i can still play on my laptop. (which doesn't have the toddler and vampire update)
Newest update? So you have the legit game as well or? If the error is you can't run because you have a newer version (something like that), you can delete the GameVersion.txt in your Documents folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jun 2017, 01:56

no everything is downloaded i have not buy any of the sims 4 games even tho know i am tempted if i don't figure out how to fix it. and play sims 4 again instead of just playing sims 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 17:08

mystichaze wrote:no everything is downloaded i have not buy any of the sims 4 games even tho know i am tempted if i don't figure out how to fix it. and play sims 4 again instead of just playing sims 3
So now is it still crashing? (as per your original problem) or the game can't start because of the new version is present.
won't let me play cause it knows i have to newest update

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 05:50

i haven't tried in a few weeks i cleared everything from the folder and tried to play it without the toddlers and vampire pack but it won't even let me play it without putting in the toddler/vampire pack so i just gave up i can still play it on my laptop which doesn't have the update.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 14:52

mystichaze wrote:i haven't tried in a few weeks i cleared everything from the folder and tried to play it without the toddlers and vampire pack but it won't even let me play it without putting in the toddler/vampire pack so i just gave up i can still play it on my laptop which doesn't have the update.
To be honest I think you can play up till City Living with no problems at all. I think recently people have more crashing issues are installing more and more DLCs to their game. I think I've suggested most of the solutions that I know of. You can try deleting the registry for the sims 4 if you decide to install them again, incase there's some lingering traces as well. You can read it here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jul 2017, 07:00

yea i am uninstalling it and reinstalling it up to city living cause its fine on my laptop which i been playing on lately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jul 2017, 07:41

now i am getting this after installing game up to city living large My game crashing a lot Sims_410

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jul 2017, 13:27

Go to the folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
Delete the file GameVersion.
Now start your game again.

My game crashing a lot Gameversion_orig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Sep 2017, 05:16

with the last update with the ultimate fix and fitness pack its working created a family and now i am still waiting to move them into the house i picked for them and start playing but its taking so long just to load the family into the lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Sep 2017, 12:53

mystichaze wrote:with the last update with the ultimate fix and fitness pack its working created a family and now i am still waiting to move them into the house i picked for them and start playing but its taking so long just to load the family into the lot.
Hi there,

Are you having the endless loading after the Toddler's stuff? Also, did you install the update-only fix as well? That will delete your DLCs in the game. If you have installed up till Tot's Stuff, you can download the endless loading fix here. If you have not yet updated, I'd suggest updating your game. You may post any bugs you've encountered here as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Sep 2017, 12:53

nevermind i did what another mod posted and my game is finally playing but i wasn't able to turn my female sim into a vampire in cas so i am working on building up my male sim points so i can have him turn her and then have babies and stuff lol thanks for the help!!! i really appreciate it big time!!! love the sims!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Sep 2017, 13:12

mystichaze wrote:nevermind i did what another mod posted and my game is finally playing but i wasn't able to turn my female sim into a vampire in cas so i am working on building up my male sim points so i can have him turn her and then have babies and stuff lol thanks for the help!!! i really appreciate it big time!!! love the sims!
Lol no worries! And regarding the vampire thing, is it when you created your sims at the beginning? There should be an option to create a Vampire as well. If you can't make a Vampire from the start, chances are, some Vampire interactions might be 'bugged' later on in-game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Sep 2017, 08:14

when my male sim got enough points to buy that he can turn sims into vampires i had him bite her haha now she is also a vampire i might try again i love having multiple families. the bigger the better at one point i had 12 sims in one family of course one of those sims was a kid i adopted. anyways thanks for the help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Sep 2017, 13:35

mystichaze wrote:when my male sim got enough points to buy that he can turn sims into vampires i had him bite her haha now she is also a vampire i might try again i love having multiple families. the bigger the better at one point i had 12 sims in one family of course one of those sims was a kid i adopted. anyways thanks for the help
Oh wow. 12 sims is ALOT (by my definition. Hahaha). At most I have like around 4-5 sims in one household. 
I'm glad to hear that your Sims can turn into a Vampire now.  Very Happy

Should I keep this topic open for the moment or would you like to close it for the time being?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top