Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In-game crashing

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In-game crashing Empty In-game crashing

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 04:42

My game crashes in-game within a minute. Delphy's Dashboard always tells me that every issue is either custom content or to update the game to 1.32. In the past, updating hasn't helped, and I've already sorted through my CC.

Ideas?

Back to top Go down

In-game crashing Empty Re: In-game crashing

Post by grieralexander Sun 11 Mar 2012, 05:20

jane89 wrote:My game crashes in-game within a minute. Delphy's Dashboard always tells me that every issue is either custom content or to update the game to 1.32. In the past, updating hasn't helped, and I've already sorted through my CC.

Ideas?

Jane, I gather that you are patched up to 1.31, this patch also had issues. Wait for the Admin to give you a solution that would work for you and do not patch, until they put out a stable one. The Admin for sure would make an announcement here.
Regards
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 06:10

grieralexander wrote:
jane89 wrote:My game crashes in-game within a minute. Delphy's Dashboard always tells me that every issue is either custom content or to update the game to 1.32. In the past, updating hasn't helped, and I've already sorted through my CC.

Ideas?

Jane, I gather that you are patched up to 1.31, this patch also had issues. Wait for the Admin to give you a solution that would work for you and do not patch, until they put out a stable one. The Admin for sure would make an announcement here.
Regards

I am patched to 1.31, yes. However I was having the issue before then as well, so I think it may be a separate issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Sun 11 Mar 2012, 06:18

jane89 wrote:
grieralexander wrote:

Ideas?

Regards

I am patched to 1.31, yes. However I was having the issue before then as well, so I think it may be a separate issue.

If the issue is an old one, then your problem is not the last patch, even though it could have made matters worst. Let the administrator guide you into which would be the best way to address this issue and solve this problem for you, so that you may enjoy the game as it was intended.
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 07:13

grieralexander wrote:
jane89 wrote:
grieralexander wrote:

Ideas?

Regards

If the issue is an old one, then your problem is not the last patch, even though it could have made matters worst. Let the administrator guide you into which would be the best way to address this issue and solve this problem for you, so that you may enjoy the game as it was intended.

Thanks. I'll wait. Meanwhile, let me say what I notice happening so far. A little while ago, I deleted CC Magic but made a backup first. After the last issue I had, which was fixed by admin, I reinstalled all my CC back into the game. The game was missing most of my CC.

I was trying to make sure that all the content was transferred and noticed some files in my backup folder that I didn't move (or know what they were) in the Mods>Cache>Sets. As soon as I saw the folder names in that folder, I realized they were remnants from CC Magic. As a test, I input them into the EA folder into the right place and ran the game. All the CC was there again, but game crashed within a minute each time.

Inside the folders in 'Sets', were not individual files but merged files such as ModBUILD0 and Resource.cfg. From what I understand, these are merged files of CC from CC Magic. But, before I downloaded CC Magic and all its contents, I made sure to backup all my downloads first. So when I removed CC Magic and all its contents, I then put the backed up CC back in and reinstalled them through the launcher.

So, technically I don't know why the CC would be missing without this 'Sets' folder and I don't know why including it in the game would make it all reappear.

Hope that helps. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 11 Mar 2012, 09:49

Hello,
The launcher will not always install right. Something which you have probably experienced yourself. You can try this first, if you haven't done so already.
What has worked for me in the past with sims3packs that wouldn't install, is this:
Taking them apart with Delphy's sims3pack multi installer that you can find here. The best way would be to do 1 sims3pack at a time so you can repack them in sets. I have a "temp sims3pack" folder and a "temp package" folder that I use to this end. I put a single sims3pack in the temp folder, and have the multiinstaller extract it to the temp package folder.
Using Merlin, I go through the packages and delete what I don't need before repacking. Store content for example tends to have a picture/pictures of the item that are only taking up space but serve no real purpose.
After that, I repack all the package files into a new package using a small program and tutorial you can both find here.
Unwilling sims3packs tend to show up in my game after using this method. Additionally, I have combined all the individual packages into a single "repack" to ease lag.
If you used CC magic before, all your sims3packs have been processed by it and extracted&repacked into these ModBUILD packages, which is why adding these to your mods\packages folder makes them appear in your game. But since they crash your game, cc magic apparently isn't the way to go for you.

So far your missing CC. Now lets see what we can do about your game crashes. Does it still happen after removing the CCmagic packages or is it just happening less frequently? When you start your game, are you getting an Unofficial game modification" error at all?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 16:49

So I tried the first method with the launcher and it didn't work. I followed the instructions, and when I ran the game I received a 'mod scripts found' msg, but I couldn't pull up a save due to the fact that my cc town is missing, which is an indicator that it didn't install even though it's in 'downloads'.

The crash itself happens when I use the ccmagic packages. When I don't use them, my cc is missing and the game seems to work fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 11 Mar 2012, 21:06

Hello,
The fix has been updated to work with version 1.32 and the manual patch can be found here.
Did you have a look at extracting and repacking your cc's, or do you prefer them to remain in sims3pack format?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Mar 2012, 03:07

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
The fix has been updated to work with version 1.32 and the manual patch can be found here.
Did you have a look at extracting and repacking your cc's, or do you prefer them to remain in sims3pack format?

Should I go ahead and update to 1.32 then? Also, I haven't tried using Delphys sims 3 pack extractor but I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Mar 2012, 03:11

Jane89 before you decide to update first apply the Updated Fix found here....
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Then go about updating following the instructions here completely.... https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v132-fix-manual-patch-updated

If you encounter any problems please open up a thread so i can help you better

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Mar 2012, 15:07

Before I update I want to try Delphy's sims 3 pack extractor, Merlin, and combining cc in package format. I'm having trouble understanding what Delphy's pack extractor is for and can't seem to find a download link for Merlin on the link that was provided. Can someone explain the process of using these two programs?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 12 Mar 2012, 15:29

Hello,

You're right the program is no longer available from that link, I'm uploading the rar to mediafire now.
Delphys multi sims 3 pack extractor is like winrar for sims3packs, it takes a sims3pack apart into a number of package files, they are numbered and this is where merlin comes in to help you identify the individual packages. Merlin will come in most handy for sets, as single objects sims3packs often have only one package file in side.

Its not very difficult, I recommend preparing 2 folders for this, one for your sims3 packs and one to extract them to. When you start Delphy's multi pack installer, it'll ask you for the folder where the sims3packs are in, and for a destination folder to extract them to. This is why it's a good idea to prepare this folder because if you let it extract your primary sims3pack folder it'll extract all the sims3packs in that folder and will leave you with 100's of package files.

Meanwhile, I have uploaded merlin here: http://www.mediafire.com/?yb1uakm51nhjbza
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Mar 2012, 17:38

Thanks so much! Very helpful. Appreciate you uploading it for me as well. I'll give this a try and let you know if I have any more questions and how it goes.

Thanks again!

//EDIT

Ok, I used Delphy's and now I'm about to use Merlin. Once I have
extracted all the files in 'Downloads' to a separate folder, do I need
to now empty my downloads folder and move the newly extracted files
there, and then use Merlin?

//EDIT

..and it's asking me for game data path and game save path. What would those be?

Admin edit: Please do not double-post, but use the "Edit" button on your message instead. Thank you!

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Mon 12 Mar 2012, 23:57

jane89 wrote:Thanks so much! Very helpful. Appreciate you uploading it for me as well. I'll give this a try and let you know if I have any more questions and how it goes.

Thanks again!

//EDIT

Ok, I used Delphy's and now I'm about to use Merlin. Once I have
extracted all the files in 'Downloads' to a separate folder, do I need
to now empty my downloads folder and move the newly extracted files
there, and then use Merlin?

//EDIT

..and it's asking me for game data path and game save path. What would those be?

Admin edit: Please do not double-post, but use the "Edit" button on your message instead. Thank you!

- ADMIN

Here is a tutorial on how to use the CC magic tool
http://sims3.the-prof.net/2012/03/a-nice-cc-magic-tutorial/

Basicalli your game path is where the EA game is installed. Example C:/program files?electronic Arts/ the sims 3/
Save path is where the game stores the mods and download in your My Documents Folder. Follow the tutorial since it will explain exactly where everything goes; Best wishes
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 13 Mar 2012, 08:06

Hello,

I've only used Merlin to have a look at my cc's.
You don't have to move the extracted packs anywhere just yet. They wont go in downloads anymore since they are now package files. When you open Merlin, is there a picture of a folder with a wrench on the bottom? Clicking that will allow you to pick a folder to look at, you can have a look at each item and rename it if you want since it is now probably [seemingly random string of numbers].package and sort out which one's you want to keep and which you don't need.
With store updates for example, there would be a picture in there. I deleted those.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Mar 2012, 03:14

S3pe is giving me the following error:

Could not import all resources - aborting.

== START ==
Source: mscorlib
Assembly: mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)

at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadUInt32()

at s3pi.Package.PackageIndex..ctor(Stream s, Int32 indexposition, Int32 indexsize, Int32 indexcount)

at s3pi.Package.Package.get_GetResourceList()

at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.importPackagesCommon(String[] packageList, Boolean useNames, Boolean compress, DuplicateHandling dups, List`1 dupsList, String title, AutoSaveState autoSaveState)
-----
== END ==

Any ideas what this could mean?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 15 Mar 2012, 11:15

Hello,

When you imported the packages, did you tell it to save after each file? That usually goes wrong on most computers so the advice is not to take that option.
How many packages are you importing at the same time?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Mar 2012, 19:19

Not sure what you mean 'after each file' but it prompts me to save after importing a number of files. I select a separate folder (for now) to which to save. After it starts importing, that message comes up and I'm baffled as to what to do. Because I have a huge collection of cc, I package between 100 to 200 in each package.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 15 Mar 2012, 21:29

Hello,

Try starting out with smaller amounts and merging them together later.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Mar 2012, 01:51

Try starting out with smaller amounts and merging them together later.

I'm sorry, I'm confused. Starting out what with smaller amounts first?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 16 Mar 2012, 08:05

Hello,

Yes you're saying that you're combining 100-200 at a time, try starting out with 50 packages combined into 1, you can merge them later.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Mar 2012, 23:04

Yes you're saying that you're combining 100-200 at a time, try starting out with 50 packages combined into 1, you can merge them later.

Gotcha. Will try that, thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 17 Mar 2012, 08:13

Hello,

Please let us know the result.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2012, 16:39

I was creating about the 6th package and got this message again:

Could not import all resources - aborting.

== START ==
Source: mscorlib
Assembly: mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)

at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadUInt32()

at s3pi.Package.PackageIndex..ctor(Stream s, Int32 indexposition, Int32 indexsize, Int32 indexcount)

at s3pi.Package.Package.get_GetResourceList()

at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.importPackagesCommon(String[] packageList, Boolean useNames, Boolean compress, DuplicateHandling dups, List`1 dupsList, String title, AutoSaveState autoSaveState)
-----
== END ==

I'm doing 50 at a time. What could be going wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 17 Mar 2012, 18:25

Hi there,

That error looks familiar...
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8