Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sim cant go to work AND NO Cache folder [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sim cant go to work AND NO Cache folder [SOLVED] Empty Sim cant go to work AND NO Cache folder [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 12:15

Soo this all started when I yesterday installed the toddler+vampire update, tried the game and made my sims. Today I noticed the parenthood update, installed it and went to game. Now the problem appeared, my sim cant go to work (politician if it matters). She will go to the elevator door, but will the bug, move a little and it tells she went to work but is still here. I can control her but at the bottom it says shes at work. Can quit job and then she will work fine, but i kinda want to earn money Very Happy

So i thought i would delete the cache thingys and noticed that i dont have cache folder anymore. I guess i have accidentally deleted it sometime ago or could it have been disappeared cos i moved the sims 4 folder from program files (x86) to program files? I created a new folder and named it cache, is that bad? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Sim cant go to work AND NO Cache folder [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sim cant go to work AND NO Cache folder [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 13:24

Same here, my Sims are doctors but can't go to work as well WhatDidUJustCallMe? Hope there's a fix for this!

Back to top Go down

Sim cant go to work AND NO Cache folder [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sim cant go to work AND NO Cache folder [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 14:17

Did you also get the same updates? So is it because of the toddlers or the parenthood update, that is what im wondering.

Im now trying to find out what is bugging, the sim or the apartment or the job. I just asked a npc sim to move in with me and he could go to his job, though he already had it and mine cant even go to the first day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 14:26

Do you have any script mods installed? Any hacks? those might interfere with sims behavior. If you do, try to either disable or remove them temporarily and check again.
That's what I would do. Unfortunately I do not have a working sim at the moment, but I might start a game in which one needs to go to work. I have script mods installed and loads of cc. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 15:08

ilsamiini wrote:Did you also get the same updates? So is it because of the toddlers or the parenthood update, that is what im wondering.

Im now trying to find out what is bugging, the sim or the apartment or the job. I just asked a npc sim to move in with me and he could go to his job, though he already had it and mine cant even go to the first day.
It's not toddlers, I've played it with toddlers before and I had the ability to go to work.

But with parenthood, I couldn't go to work. I made new sims so it can't be an NPC's problem. Job doesn't seem to be it since our sims have different jobs? It's not the apartment/house lot either, I've moved them around and same problem occurs Sad

I don't have any cc/mod installed, so it's not that. I think it's just a bug in the update. Hope there's a fix soon! For now I'm going to revert back to Toddlers.

Last edited by galzrul on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 17:35; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 16:28

My sim is a detective and he can't go to work either, every time I click to join him it takes me to the map and when i click back on him it won't let me play as him because it says he is at work!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 18:33

There's a possible fix for parenthood, im gonna try it out Smile good thing that ive made my vampire sim write books and its super easy moneymaker Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 18:57

ilsamiini wrote:There's a possible fix for parenthood, im gonna try it out Smile good thing that ive made my vampire sim write books and its super easy moneymaker Very Happy

Hi! Is your sim able to go to work now? Also I'm actually curious about this cache folder you mentioned. There should only be one folder name cachestr. 

Do keep us updated!  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 19:41

Ageha wrote:
ilsamiini wrote:There's a possible fix for parenthood, im gonna try it out Smile good thing that ive made my vampire sim write books and its super easy moneymaker Very Happy

Hi! Is your sim able to go to work now? Also I'm actually curious about this cache folder you mentioned. There should only be one folder name cachestr. 

Do keep us updated!  Smile
Hi!

Yes I ran to tell you guys (pushed alt+tab) that my sim can go to work now after applying the parenthood fix! Yay Very Happy

Wait what. There isnt suppose to be folder name cache in documents /EA/Sims 4?? But all the cache deleting fixes said that there would be a folder for that Surprised i panicked and added the cache file and (thank god) it didnt affect my gameplay either way Very Happy the cachestr is there

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 14:52

Haha!

Well, I'm glad your sims are able to go to work now. Perhaps I'm the one missing the cache?  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd Regardless, happy simming~! Do open a new thread (if there is none) should you encounter new problems. CHEERS!

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top