Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merging Fixes With Downloads For Storage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Merging Fixes With Downloads For Storage Empty Merging Fixes With Downloads For Storage

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 10:24

Is it safe to drag and drop the fixes into the original downloads and overwrite the original corrupt/missing data? Will that effect installation at all? 

Example: I extracted Parenthood and also have the fix which worked great. Can I just apply the fix into the Parenthood install folder and recompress it so if I have to reinstall the DLC the fix is already applied or would that not work? I would also like to do this with Vampires and believe it or not I have the GTW hotfix too, the one that fixed the lama icons XD 

So can I do that or would that not be a good idea and just better to apply the fixes after the DLCs are installed? 

Thanks in advance Smile

Back to top Go down

Merging Fixes With Downloads For Storage Empty Re: Merging Fixes With Downloads For Storage

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 10:43

I wouldn't suggest doing this in case there are bugs with the fixes. Theoretically, it would work just the same as applying the fix after the download, but why not just zip it with the fix in a separate folder just in case a newer, better fix comes out?

Back to top Go down

Merging Fixes With Downloads For Storage Empty Re: Merging Fixes With Downloads For Storage

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 12:21

itchystitchies wrote:I wouldn't suggest doing this in case there are bugs with the fixes. Theoretically, it would work just the same as applying the fix after the download, but why not just zip it with the fix in a separate folder just in case a newer, better fix comes out?

Because I'm anal retentive and OCD and it's bugging the crap out of me for some reason lol

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top