Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 keeps crashing in gameplay..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 keeps crashing in gameplay.. Empty Sims 4 keeps crashing in gameplay..

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jun 2017, 19:17

Hello there, 

A while ago, I had all the gamepacks/EP'S and SP'S up untill City Living (as this was a while ago, these were the only downloads available at the time). And it was after I downloaded City Living the game started crashing during gameplay (around 15-20 mins into gameplay). It would suddenly freeze then "The sims 4 has stopped working" would pop up. 

So the other week, after a few months of not playing, and since this problem, I though I may aswell reinstall everything, and add the toddlers and vampires pack as it is now available on G4TW. I know I did everything as instructed in the installation guide and I read everything on the forums. The game runs smoothly and starts up with no issues, but then BAM same thing, it has stopped working during gameplay. I also downloaded the fix for infinite loading screen (yes it did fix it).

When you guys (or whoever) put up parenthood, I downloaded it, as I should, as instructed. I even downloaded the fix as I was having issues with loading but once I installed the fix everything was fine. Apart from the crashing of course.

Previously, when I was up untill city living, I tried every instruction that you guys put up in the forum (this was a while ago now) to try and fix crashing. Including the sims 3 fix, but doing it for sims 4.

I have NO CC or Mods

I have tried running in windowed mode, but that seems to make it crash sooner.

I have lowered my graphic settings and played with and without laptop mode. 

Dude, all I wanna do is play the Sims 4 for longer than 20 minutes.   Help

P.S I'm new here.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 keeps crashing in gameplay.. Empty Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing in gameplay..

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jun 2017, 20:57

Move your "The Sims 4" folder in Documents>Electronic Arts to another location like your Desktop then run the game to see if the crash still continues or..

Could be a faulty driver in your PC?
Try updating your drivers; download links in case you need them:

For Intel
For Nvidia
For AMD

Visit these links for more info:
www.wikihow.com/Find-and-Update-Drivers
[FAQ] Sims 4 Crashes
[FAQ] Troubleshooting Steps & Known Issues

Please do a backup or system restore before installing drivers. Goodluck! Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 keeps crashing in gameplay.. Empty Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing in gameplay..

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jun 2017, 22:41

Thanks a lot, I don't think it is all worth the hassle. I am going to wait a couple months until I get my new laptop.
This old machine is way past it's day anyhoo - Suprised it can even begin to run the bloody game!   Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top