Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3[+eps] crashing randomly back to desktop, during gameplay (Macbook Pro). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3[+eps] crashing randomly back to desktop, during gameplay (Macbook Pro). [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3[+eps] crashing randomly back to desktop, during gameplay (Macbook Pro). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 00:27

Hi, I have successfully installed the Sims 3 and Expansion packs after many many failed attempts. (including having a compatible  base game).

Now my problem lies with gameplay. The game loads fine (well takes 100 yrs to load but hey)

The game will randomly freeze and crash back to desktop. Usually after about 5 minutes IF that. It happens very randomly so I could be trying to move a family in or in CAS.

The first place I tend to go is CAS as I find this a good place to test if the game will crash or not.  And it does.

Any suggestions on what I could do? 
I have read previous topics and deleted my cache files (doesn't help)
I have just over 49GB left of space on my mac. (could this possibly be a problem?)
Also I have no custom content or mods (that I know of) 

I downloaded my base game via the link advised in the mac guide and all my expansion packs are from Games4theworld.

I am willing to try anything except re installing as I have done it 5 times from scratch including making disk images for 18 games so I am pretty beat. Please could someone perhaps suggest a few things I could try to help me with gameplay.

Much appreciated <3
//MOVED

Back to top Go down

Sims 3[+eps] crashing randomly back to desktop, during gameplay (Macbook Pro). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3[+eps] crashing randomly back to desktop, during gameplay (Macbook Pro). [SOLVED]

Post by Dieneryn Sun 15 Sep 2013, 02:50

Hi,

Have you lowered the game resolution? You can turn off many aspects to let the game run smoother. Smile

And I know you don't wish to re-install but, I'm wondering if you did a clean uninstall before you installed again?
Files might be left from the previous installs that causes the game to lag/crash.

Do update us of your progress Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3[+eps] crashing randomly back to desktop, during gameplay (Macbook Pro). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3[+eps] crashing randomly back to desktop, during gameplay (Macbook Pro). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 03:00

Hi thanks for the reply.
I am going try lowing the game resolution.
How do I check if I done a clean uninstall?
Ive had to reinstall over 5 times already so im guessing perhaps they werent all clean. However I always delete all the folders manually before I install again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sun 15 Sep 2013, 03:04

You are most definitely welcome!

Lowering the game resolution should help quite a bit.
And here's a link to check out how to do a clean uninstall Wink

Please update us on your progress. Thanks!
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 03:06

Hi I have lowed all the graphics to 0 basically and the game is still crashing. I do fear that ill reinstall again and still have the same problem. Is there anyway of checking if I done a clean install without uninstalling first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sun 15 Sep 2013, 03:15

You might want to try looking at "date modified" for the "com.transgaming" files but I don't know if that could really help.. I'm sorry but there is no "official" way to know if you have done a clean uninstall as most of the files are probably mashed up since you already reinstalled WhatDidUJustCallMe?

I know it is tedious to reinstall but when it comes to a mac, it is always the best way to go Sad

If you have saved your disk images you wouldn't have to create them all over again:) Try to free up more space in your mac too. It might help.

Again, do update us on your progress. Sorry I couldn't be of better help Sad
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 04:03

Ok well since lowering there hasnt actually been any more crashes once I rebooted. One minor issue but the graphics look so poor (I no obviously right lol) do u think if I bump bk up a couple graphics ill be alright. I just hate to not see the detail is their face and clothes during CAS.

Ps thankyou for taking the time to help me. Really appreciate it

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sun 15 Sep 2013, 04:06

Hehe I'm sure you can bump up a few things such as the character details.. give it a try! If it doesn't work just bring it down again xD

Anything else I can help you with? Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 05:32

Ok thanks. I think ill play about and see how much I can push it. If anything ill just bump it back down.

Once again thankyou. [PROBLEM SOLVED]

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Tue 17 Sep 2013, 02:56

Hello, that's great to know! Have fun with your game!

Problem solved, topic closed. Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top