Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with gameplay - crashing and unable to use some functions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with gameplay - crashing and unable to use some functions Empty Problem with gameplay - crashing and unable to use some functions

Post by Guest Fri 23 Mar 2012, 04:56

Hi, I downloaded and installed Sims 3, Generations expansion and Master suite, following the instructions here on the forum. I've checked previous problems to help solve mine but it hasn't worked out still.
So this is what happens, when I start the game, as others has experienced, a pop-up comes up saying the game is not the same version, whatever and then it asks to continue anyway or abort. When I choose to continue anyway it works fine though creating the sims and getting them to move in, but after that when I'm about to build or buy stuff the game crashes or says that the functions are not available (can't buy anything basically).

So I tried to get the ultimate fix, followed the instructions of inserting the fix after updating the game, when I launch the game now it says it has the latest update and show no more updates available. I think that as you have said before, the patch doesn't match my current version or it may be something else.
How can I check which version I have and If it's the same as the fix? What else do you think this problem can be about? Please help me solve this, tried to fix it for so long now!
Thanks for keeping up the good work

Back to top Go down

Problem with gameplay - crashing and unable to use some functions Empty Re: Problem with gameplay - crashing and unable to use some functions

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 23 Mar 2012, 09:24

Hello,

If you open the fix's installation guide, have a look at the date, the last update to the fix was March 16th.
Your base game version can be checked as shown in the image below.
If both are correct, you may be using an outdated mod.

Problem with gameplay - crashing and unable to use some functions 2dumohk
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)