Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really, really, really need some help!!!!!!! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Really, really, really need some help!!!!!!! [SOLVED] Empty Really, really, really need some help!!!!!!! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 14:07

Good afternoon all,

I have registered with the forum to post because I am at my wits end trying to sort my Sims games out.

I have spent the best part of two/three days trying to get it working again.
I have used all of the Games4theworld torrents before and they have always installed and worked absolutely fine.
I'm not stuck getting it to work because I'm a noob or don't know what I'm doing - it just isn't working this time around!

I downloaded and installed the toddlers, vampires and bowling update, and then the Parenthood update, to add on to my already working games4theworld version of City Living.
Before this, my female sim stopped going to work, I tried moving home, saving and quitting, I even deleted my saves and my entire list of mods and reinstalled the game. As always, the game itself worked and ran like a dream so I added the toddlers/vampires/bowling update and then also added Parenthood - which again, ran and worked absolutely fine however my Sim still would not go to work and attend any of the careers associated with City Living - even though San Myshuno was available and working and other City Living features.

After this, I reinstalled all again. I didn't add any mods in order to see if it was them that was breaking my game all of a sudden - then, I moved my Sim into a San Myshuno apartment, and went to play the household to see if my sim would go to work in the social media career - but this time, my household never ever loaded. I'd click the play button and the loading screen would show and then shortly after it would return me to the San Myshuno world map - I tried again over and over again and the same thing kept happening.

I uninstalled AGAIN, and even redownloaded ALL games4theworld versions of each game (which I KNOW work, because they have every single time in the past!)

But now - I keep getting the "Game cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged... etc" and I don't know how to fix it! I've done everything like I've done in the past and the only thing that I can see is different is that each download I did did not contain the "Crack" folder like they did the last time I downloaded them.

Help please? Sad I'm so frustrated and I just really want to play it!!!

I made the decision to delete my saves and reinstall it all because I thought it would work but it didn't Sad I've lost my save that I had advanced really, really far and I just want to start again and I really want to enjoy the toddler and parenthood add-ons Sad any ideas???

Back to top Go down

Really, really, really need some help!!!!!!! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Really, really, really need some help!!!!!!! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 16:19

Hi @_hmelli ,

I saw your other question at another thread, but I'll reply here so there's no need to go back and forth.

"Game cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged... etc"
It appears your game pack is corrupted during the installation process. I'm sure you've followed all the steps in this guide here on how to install the sims (especially after the Toddler update). Try applying the city living pack again, followed by Toddlers + Parenthood. 

There might be corrupted save when the save load leads to the map. Also, does the career only affects city living or other career (Get to Work for example) as well? I'm sure you saw this, but in case you didn't, this is our newest patch here.

Else, I'd recommend on doing a clean re-install of everything (sorry i know you've re-install it before and again) if you haven't done so. And if you can, test the EP one by one to see if the error about missing game data pops up.

PS: The folder to move out is basically the one mentioned to move out your Sims 4 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts -> C:\Program Files (x86). If that doesn't work, move the whole folder out again to Desktop directly.

Back to top Go down

Really, really, really need some help!!!!!!! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Really, really, really need some help!!!!!!! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 16:27

Hey Ageha!

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I am currently downloading each pack again, in the correct order and following the guidelines to the letter.

I am currently downloading City Living, after apparently installing the base game, Get to Work and Get Together first and installing one by one. I tried running the game after I installed the base game and it worked. I then ran the game after installing Get to Work - it did work and it did load but as far as I could tell from the loading screen, I don't think it is on there.

But I am continuing on anyway. I have installed Get Together now and am waiting to install City Living, then Vampires/Toddlers THEN removing the 'Game' folder or moving or renaming it, then I will download and install Parenthood, apply 1.30.105.1010 game update, then move the Sims 4 folder to Program Files, then use the TS4_x64.exe to try and launch it!!

As far as I could tell it was only the City Living careers that aren't working! Will keep you updated, thanks again for your response!!

Back to top Go down

Really, really, really need some help!!!!!!! [SOLVED] Empty update

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 16:29

Ageha wrote:Hi @_hmelli ,

I saw your other question at another thread, but I'll reply here so there's no need to go back and forth.

"Game cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged... etc"
It appears your game pack is corrupted during the installation process. I'm sure you've followed all the steps in this guide here on how to install the sims (especially after the Toddler update). Try applying the city living pack again, followed by Toddlers + Parenthood. 

There might be corrupted save when the save load leads to the map. Also, does the career only affects city living or other career (Get to Work for example) as well? I'm sure you saw this, but in case you didn't, this is our newest patch here.

Else, I'd recommend on doing a clean re-install of everything (sorry i know you've re-install it before and again) if you haven't done so. And if you can, test the EP one by one to see if the error about missing game data pops up.

PS: The folder to move out is basically the one mentioned to move out your Sims 4 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts -> C:\Program Files (x86). If that doesn't work, move the whole folder out again to Desktop directly.
I have just tried launching the game after installing Get Together, after the base game and Get to Work, in the same way as I did the others, and now I am getting an error message again, this time regarding Origin not running!! Where do I go from here???x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 16:49

_hmelli wrote:I have just tried launching the game after installing Get Together, after the base game and Get to Work, in the same way as I did the others, and now I am getting an error message again, this time regarding Origin not running!! Where do I go from here???x

Oh dear. Okay, first thing, is your installation folder under Program Files(x86)? Oh, are you planning to move it after all have been installed? Try to move it now to Program Files or (x86) and see if the error still pops up. If yes, check under Game/Bin to see if you have all the .dll files inside.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 17:09

Ageha wrote:
_hmelli wrote:I have just tried launching the game after installing Get Together, after the base game and Get to Work, in the same way as I did the others, and now I am getting an error message again, this time regarding Origin not running!! Where do I go from here???x

Oh dear. Okay, first thing, is your installation folder under Program Files(x86)? Oh, are you planning to move it after all have been installed? Try to move it now to Program Files or (x86) and see if the error still pops up. If yes, check under Game/Bin to see if you have all the .dll files inside.
Yes, I have now moved the folder, after installing City Living. I have now installed vampires, toddlers and bowling and all of it works as far as I can see right now (although I haven't tried sending a Sim to a City Living career yet, since I am still installing)

I have now just finished downloading Parenthood and am about to start installing as soon as the files have extracted.
I am confused currently though, because one of the instructions in the guide for installing Sims 4, says to delete, rename or MOVE the 'Game' folder - I'm wondering if this is necessary and what happens if I delete it, surely I need it? Or will it create a new folder once I launch the game again. Or if I should move it, where to?

So mant questions! Hoping this is it now! So close!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 17:16

_hmelli wrote:Yes, I have now moved the folder, after installing City Living. I have now installed vampires, toddlers and bowling and all of it works as far as I can see right now (although I haven't tried sending a Sim to a City Living career yet, since I am still installing)

I have now just finished downloading Parenthood and am about to start installing as soon as the files have extracted.
I am confused currently though, because one of the instructions in the guide for installing Sims 4, says to delete, rename or MOVE the 'Game' folder - I'm wondering if this is necessary and what happens if I delete it, surely I need it? Or will it create a new folder once I launch the game again. Or if I should move it, where to?

So mant questions! Hoping this is it now! So close!
Haha, don't worry about the 'amount' of questions, really.

The game folder is actually to solve the endless loading that many of us had before and even now. Simply put, you can delete it, it's safe, since you'll be downloading a new game folder which can be found here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 17:34

I did it! It's all done now!! Very Happy

I am soooo happy and relieved lol, I've been at this for days.
I made a quick person and he went off to his Social Media career with no bother too!

I'm just sat here hoping it doesn't break when I put some mods and CC on! Fingers crossed.

Thank for your help, so quick and adequate!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 17:53

Glad to hear it's working now and happy to be of help! I tip my fedora.

I'd suggest if to organize yours mods/CCs into folders in case you need to find a conflicting mod later on. For example I put mine under each different category: Hair, Make-up, Clothes, etc.

Feel free to open a new topic if you encounter a new problem.

Cheers and Happy Simming!

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top