Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mods Folder Assistance! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mods Folder Assistance! [SOLVED] Empty Mods Folder Assistance! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 06 Jun 2017, 18:03

So, I updated my game to Parenthood, and I have lost all access to my Mods Folder. I have tried deleting the folder and everything and nothing is working!!!! Any tips? So sorry if this topic doesn't belong here, as I couldn't find where it belongs! Thanks for all the help! 

Back to top Go down

Mods Folder Assistance! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Mods Folder Assistance! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 06 Jun 2017, 18:08

Hi there,

What do you mean lost access? Are you unable to enable to mods option in-game or is the mods missing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Jun 2017, 18:20

So, Upon reading other threads, I found and fixed my problem! I didn't realize that Enabling Mods was turned off in my game, and that is why I didn't see the Mods/Scripts prompt every time I started up my game! 

While I do have you, though, I'm having bad problems with crashing. It keeps telling me that the Sims 4 has stopped working. It does it every 5-10 minutes and this was before having any CC (Maxis Match). The only thing I can possibly think it could be is because my Hard Drive is filling up fast. I'm going to get an External Hard Drive though, but could that be my issue, a decrease in Memory? I'm sitting at under 50GBs of Hard Drive space. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Jun 2017, 18:27

It's not really an issue with the hard drive though. The decrease in memory might make your game laggy, however. And to be on the safe side, getting that external disk is a good option. I installed most of my games there and it hadn't crash once. Also, since it seems Sims loves their expansion packs alot, every pack update adds to the memory. So soon, that 50GB will be gone.

On another note, if you have any lastException_#####(they're numbers behind) in your Documents folder, you can take a look at that and see what causes the crash. If you have it and unsure about that, you can send it to me to check. Aside from that, make sure that your drivers are up to date and of course, your pc meets the requirements. While most are not in favor of this, you could also play the game in windowed mode and see if it still does crash.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Jun 2017, 18:33

Will Check the LastException, but I do play in Windowed Mode as I favor it and have since TS3 (can't break old habits!) I will indeed keep you updated! Thank you Thank you!! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Jun 2017, 18:42

I have 9 LastExceptions and LastCrashes in total. Which do you need? I have NO CLUE what I'm looking at haha 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Jun 2017, 18:58

I think it'd be easier if you zip up those lastExceptions and send them to me via PM?

EDIT:
Original Problem solved; Topic Closed.
- Ageha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top