Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 crashing in buy mode. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 crashing in buy mode. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 crashing in buy mode. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 20:02

After struggling with quite a bit of bugs, I finally uninstalled all of the sims expansion packs and game and reinstalled them (today) using the ultimate fix. Now, when I start up the game it crashes at the beginning to tell me I have an unauthorized copy and my copy may experience severe bugs, but has a continue button. OK, fine. Click continue, it loads like a charm. I can create my sim, edit the town, interact with other sims, save my game, load that saved game just fine- basically do everything except build or buy objects. I can enter build/buy mode, but once I try to set an object down, it completely crashes and closes out the game. I have no CCs, and I followed all the DEP instructions as well as setting my game back into compatibility mode. Did I miss something? There were certain .exe files that wont run in compatibility mode, but based upon user's comments that was normal.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 crashing in buy mode. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 crashing in buy mode. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 06 Jan 2012, 20:07

Hello,
Are you currently using all expansions?
The error you're getting shouldn't pop up with the latest version of the official fix.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 crashing in buy mode. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 crashing in buy mode. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 20:10

Yes, I am using all expansions. When I reinstalled them, I ignored the crack information and only used the ultimate fix.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 06 Jan 2012, 20:14

Hello,
The error you're getting as your game starts, does it by any chance say unofficial modification? If yes, I suspect you are using the temporary fix, not the official one, and the problem should be solved by removing the temporary fix and getting the official fix in stead.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 20:17

It did, but I am for sure using the "ultimate fix". The game now wont start up, so I'll try one more time reinstalling everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 06 Jan 2012, 20:21

Hello,
Don't do it just yet. First, show me a screenshot please of where you copied the file(s) to after updating the game.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 20:33

Sims 3 crashing in buy mode. [SOLVED] Simsfi10
The TS3W exe and the TSLHost files are replaced, correct?
From the Ultimate Fix:
Sims 3 crashing in buy mode. [SOLVED] Sims3c10
And the only files I used in that are the ones from the #crack

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 06 Jan 2012, 20:45

Hello,
There's a file in your bin that doesn't belong, the TS3SP03 file. Any idea how it got there? I'm not sure it causes these problems, but I think you should remove it. Other than that yes, that looks like its the right fix and the crack copied to the right place.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 20:48

Hmm...I'm reinstalling now. While I was going through the files, my cat walked a crossed the keyboard and deleted some things. I'll post again whether anything is changed.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 06 Jan 2012, 21:01

Hello,
Please let us know the result.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 21:24

I did have one question...since I only used the ultimate fix, did I need to do anything with the sku file? Or do I literally skip all cracks for all files (as I had done originally)? I assumed that was a part of updating the game, which I didn't have to worry about until the end.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 06 Jan 2012, 21:33

Hello,
The SKU isn't related to patching the game. Skipping it is only a problem when it becomes a problem. In other words, if at some point during the install of WA or OLS you get a game region error, you change SKU otherwise you wont be able to install that particular expansion.
You can skip all crackfiles.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 21:50

OK, well, reinstalled everything and....now it completely refuses to open at all. Nothing, no start up, no error message about mods, just "sims3 launcher has experienced problem and must close." Origin doesn't recognize that I have it installed either. Rolling Eyes This is getting tiring. It started right before I uninstalled everything, and I figured it had been my cat's fault.
Now what? I still have the .zip files. I can uninstall and delete everything from my computer and then unpack them again, start from scratch. I deleted that excess file, and no change (which reinstalled btw).
I had absolutely no problems during installation.
It may help that there was no file created in my documents for any custom content (which the first time, there was)
Does it sound like a registry problem? I have had to uninstall and reinstall around 4 times now. I don't want to go through all that trouble to find that's not it, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 06 Jan 2012, 22:09

Hello,
And what if you tried to start it without the launcher? Its done like this.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 22:13

OK, got it to start up. It crashes without any notification of a modded file (though the application continues running in my toolbar), but once I click the application, it continues to load. Downloading the manual patch now.
Does this mean I wont be able to upload CC at all?

//EDIT

Update: I took all the .exe files out of compatibility mode...launcher works fine now.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 06 Jan 2012, 22:30

Hello,
And your game is working without problems?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 22:37

So far, it crashed when it first started (as before), waiting for the game to load so I can test build/buy mode.

YES! It is fixed! Thank you so much for the help.
I think when I initially asked the launcher to update my game, it kept the 1.26 software and I just didn't notice and assumed since I had been installing recently the software was up to date. (I never checked).

//EDIT

Final question (promise)...if I mess with the DEP, will it ever have a negative effect on the game? I know you can help prevent crashing by turning it off for certain files, but will ever turning it off cause problems?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 06 Jan 2012, 22:55

Hello,
Not that I know of, but that's probably something Admin has a more definitive answer to.
Good to hear that your game is working. If you ever have problems in the future, don't hesitate to post, we're happy to help.
Happy simming! The Sims Plumbob 1
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 06 Jan 2012, 23:06

katiem253 wrote:So far, it crashed when it first started (as before), waiting for the game to load so I can test build/buy mode.

YES! It is fixed! Thank you so much for the help.
I think when I initially asked the launcher to update my game, it kept the 1.26 software and I just didn't notice and assumed since I had been installing recently the software was up to date. (I never checked).

//EDIT

Final question (promise)...if I mess with the DEP, will it ever have a negative effect on the game? I know you can help prevent crashing by turning it off for certain files, but will ever turning it off cause problems?
Hello,

No, it shouldn't cause any problems as far as I know. But as long as it doesn't cause any problems, I don't recommend turning it off.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 23:08

Thank you both Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 06 Jan 2012, 23:09

katiem253 wrote:Thank you both Smile
Hello,

Ok great! Thank you Lady ElDi, for your help!
TS, have fun playing and please let us know if we can ever help with anything else!

Topic closed. Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top