Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMS 3 CAS mode keeps on crashing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SIMS 3 CAS mode keeps on crashing. Empty SIMS 3 CAS mode keeps on crashing.

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jul 2017, 13:31

Hi it's my first time posting here and I got a query. I've done a search but could find no solution to my problem. Every time I go in to CAS mode to create my sims it just glitches and crashes. I can name my sim and choose their likes and attributes but as soon as I go to the Hair and Eyebrow tab my game freezes and crashes. It happens when I click on the hats tab. Sometimes it lets me choose the Sims' hair and looks if I'm fast enough but when I get to the clothes menu it also freezes and crashes. I have the base game loaded as well as all the different packs as well as the latest copy of the Full Sims Store I downloaded from your website as well as some custom content I downloaded from the forum. The game works fine without the Sims Store files but as soon I added those files my game started giving problems especially in CAS mode. Did I do anything wrong?  I didn't add any CC or mods from somewhere else I only used G4TW files found on your website. Please help. Thank You.

Back to top Go down

SIMS 3 CAS mode keeps on crashing. Empty Re: SIMS 3 CAS mode keeps on crashing.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 27 Jul 2017, 18:22

phoenixangie12 wrote:Hi it's my first time posting here and I got a query. I've done a search but could find no solution to my problem. Every time I go in to CAS mode to create my sims it just glitches and crashes. I can name my sim and choose their likes and attributes but as soon as I go to the Hair and Eyebrow tab my game freezes and crashes. It happens when I click on the hats tab. Sometimes it lets me choose the Sims' hair and looks if I'm fast enough but when I get to the clothes menu it also freezes and crashes. I have the base game loaded as well as all the different packs as well as the latest copy of the Full Sims Store I downloaded from your website as well as some custom content I downloaded from the forum. The game works fine without the Sims Store files but as soon I added those files my game started giving problems especially in CAS mode. Did I do anything wrong?  I didn't add any CC or mods from somewhere else I only used G4TW files found on your website. Please help. Thank You.

Hello and welcome to the Forum @phoenixangie12,

You know where it shows you several colors of one and the same outfit in CAS? This fact leads can lead to crashes. You can try installing the NRAAS Master Controller mod (read up on this guide to learn how to install mods). In-game, click somewhere and go under NRAAS -> Master Controller -> Settings (?) and then you should somewhere see the following 3 options.

Show in compact form: clothing
Show in compact form: hair
Show in compact form: accessories

The default value next to each of them is "false". Clicking on each of the options will turn the value into "true".

Once you did that, you will only see one (1) piece of each clothing item in CAS, and not multiple colors for each piece. This should not only make your CAS load a lot faster, but also help reduce crashings and so forth.

I would also look under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and inside the subfolder Currentgame.sims3. Delete all its contents if you see any (after a game crash). Then re-start the game. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

SIMS 3 CAS mode keeps on crashing. Empty Game still not working properly

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jul 2017, 11:41

After doing what you said and copying the Mods folder my game started to work a bit better but still freezes at CAS mode. Also a lot of my downloaded CC files isn't showing in the game. I'm gonna try uninstalling the whole game and then re-install it. Hopefully it might help as well. BTW where do I download the NRASS Master Controller mod? I'm still a huge novice with mods and stuff so pardon me if I ask stupid questions. Also where do I add package files that I've downloaded into the game? Please help thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 28 Jul 2017, 22:27

phoenixangie12 wrote:After doing what you said and copying the Mods folder my game started to work a bit better but still freezes at CAS mode. Also a lot of my downloaded CC files isn't showing in the game. I'm gonna try uninstalling the whole game and then re-install it. Hopefully it might help as well. BTW where do I download the NRASS Master Controller mod? I'm still a huge novice with mods and stuff so pardon me if I ask stupid questions. Also where do I add package files that I've downloaded into the game? Please help thanks

Hello,

Don't uninstall just yet. You can find the NRAAS Master Controller here:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController

Also, read the previous post carefully. Where it says "this guide" you should click on it, and you will get linked to the download source of a .pdf file. Smile  You should then read the guide. Links on the Forum here are in orange, and different from the white default text color. You can click on these orange links.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top