Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims Starts with black screen, then flashes to desktop

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims Starts with black screen, then flashes to desktop Empty Sims Starts with black screen, then flashes to desktop

Post by Guest Sun 26 Apr 2015, 02:52

Hi boys and girls!
I haven't been on the forum for a year, so please forgive me if I don't have everything down.
My problem is this: I downloaded G4TW sims 4 last week and had an error with which I fixed using the Ultimate Fix (so all game folders are on AVGs exception list). After toiling over that for a few hours, I finally started up my game. Hooray! It started! Sort of...
whenever it starts it brings up a black screen and then flashes twice before going back to my desktop. The icon is still in the task bar, but whenever I click nothing on it happens. Whenever I hover (I'm using win 8 by the way) over it in the little preview that pops up it shows a white screen. If I close it through right clicking and selecting close, it closes in a second or two without any freezing or other issues. I thought that this was, perhaps,  a normal part of the initialization,  but I waited for the game to pop up for a few minutes and nothing happens.

As I sort of indicated at the beginning, I have the latest ultimate fix, and I followed the instructions to the letter. I'm running windows 8 on a decent desktop, and all graphics cards are up to date.

Last edited by lizarddancecat on Sun 26 Apr 2015, 02:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added info)

Back to top Go down

Sims Starts with black screen, then flashes to desktop Empty Re: Sims Starts with black screen, then flashes to desktop

Post by coolcandy3001 Sun 26 Apr 2015, 12:05

Do you have any mods or CC?
Do you have the correct requirements to run TS4?
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims Starts with black screen, then flashes to desktop Empty Re: Sims Starts with black screen, then flashes to desktop

Post by Guest Sun 26 Apr 2015, 13:17

No mods or Cc, and yes, I have the proper requirements
Edit: problem solved! I went to the options file and changed the full screen line to fullscreen=0
Thanks for the willingness to help though!

Last edited by lizarddancecat on Sun 26 Apr 2015, 13:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : problem solved)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top