Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 2 Complete Download.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 2 Complete Download. Empty Sims 2 Complete Download.

Post by Guest Wed 14 Jun 2017, 22:43

I was really excited to download this, it was one of my favorite games, I painstakingly followed the readme instructions only to find the crack folder at the end is empty and I cannot play the game without this. I really just want to play.

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 Complete Download. Empty Re: Sims 2 Complete Download.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 15 Jun 2017, 12:35

sharpestlife19 wrote:I was really excited to download this, it was one of my favorite games, I painstakingly followed the readme instructions only to find the crack folder at the end is empty and I cannot play the game without this. I really just want to play.

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the Forum @sharpestlife19,

I moved your topic to the correct section. Nothing is wrong with the download; the reason you are missing the #Crack file is because either your Windows Defender or your other third-party anti-virus deleted/quarantined the file. Please make sure to add the correct exclusion-locations in all your security software (folder locations that are excluded/ignored by your security software).

Then you can re-download the file here:
https://goo.gl/3DWMPp

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Jun 2017, 05:49

Thanks, but how do I turn off the defender? I'm not very technologically inclined.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 17 Jun 2017, 11:01

Hello,

If you go into Defender, you can add exclusions for the folder(s) the crack is in. Let me just show you with pictures, that might be easiest.
Start with your start menu, follow the red arrows, clicking on each corresponding button until you reach the last screenshot.

Sims 2 Complete Download. Screen11

Sims 2 Complete Download. Screen14

Sims 2 Complete Download. Screen15

Sims 2 Complete Download. Screen13

Sims 2 Complete Download. Screen10

Sims 2 Complete Download. Screen12

After clicking on "Folder" here, a window will open that lets you navigate to the folder you want to exclude. If you're going to redownload the crack from The_gh0stm4n's link, you're going to want to exclude the folder it is downloaded to, for the time being. Typically, the download location is is simply the "Downloads" folder. 
Next, exclude the folder you're going to copy the crack to. 
Now, download the crack. You can either unrar it in your downloads folder, or unrar it directly to your install directory.
When done, and your game is working, you can go back to Defender and remove the exclusion for your Downloads folder, by clicking on the downwards arrow on the right in the last screenshot. 
Do not, however, remove the exclusion for the folder you copied it to!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Jun 2017, 21:35

When I opened this program it wasn't even on. I didn't know how to to make an exception with my antivirus so I just uninstalled it for a minute.

//EDIT

Ok, this didn't help. Now when I redownloaded the final folder and unzip it, it doesn't look like the others and when I tried to click on what was there I got this
 Failed to enumerate any DirectX9 compatible graphics adapters in this system!
Please make sure you have a DirectX9 compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest manufacturer provided driver. 
The application will now terminate.

This is really annoying. I 've been wanting to play this game for a month and I had to find the download and wait for it download then have the time to open it and I just can't play it because of nonsense I don't understand! I hate that I can't just buy the game anymore because I missed when it was free from EA. I would totally pay for it if I could freaking play it today! I've been off wanting to play something and I can't and I'm getting really angry!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 19 Jun 2017, 15:34

sharpestlife19 wrote:When I opened this program it wasn't even on. I didn't know how to to make an exception with my antivirus so I just uninstalled it for a minute.

//EDIT

Ok, this didn't help. Now when I redownloaded the final folder and unzip it, it doesn't look like the others and when I tried to click on what was there I got this
 Failed to enumerate any DirectX9 compatible graphics adapters in this system!
Please make sure you have a DirectX9 compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest manufacturer provided driver. 
The application will now terminate.

This is really annoying. I 've been wanting to play this game for a month and I had to find the download and wait for it download then have the time to open it and I just can't play it because of nonsense I don't understand! I hate that I can't just buy the game anymore because I missed when it was free from EA. I would totally pay for it if I could freaking play it today! I've been off wanting to play something and I can't and I'm getting really angry!

If you extract the file from the link above (with WinRAR), then you get a Sims2EP9.exe file. Make sure to copy the file into the correct location, which is C:\Program files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin. Then replace the existing file, when  prompted. Re-start the game with that Sims2EP9.exe that you just copied.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jun 2017, 23:19

Thank you SO MUCH!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top