Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 fix not downloading/corrupted rar file. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 fix not downloading/corrupted rar file. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 fix not downloading/corrupted rar file. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 06:16

Hello! i hate that my first post is a problem because this is an amazing site and i am a big fan of the work you all are doing!! BUT i just downloaded into the future, it's the only expansion pack i have right now, i've got the latest patch update, the game will load without a disc but then nothing on the drop down select a world/new game menu show up. i was hoping the ultimate fix would take care of it but the main download will not open with unrar (says its corrupted) and the mirror keeps coming up as a temporary error and will not download. if anyone could help me i would be incredibly grateful, thank you!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 fix not downloading/corrupted rar file. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 fix not downloading/corrupted rar file. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 06:25

Hello, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Regarding your issue, please be sure that you are downloading the correct Ultimate Fix, depending in if you have a Mac or a PC.
You can find it here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

That problem is caused because the Ultimate Fix was not properly applied. So, yes, you should download and apply it again. To extract the contents properly (if you are in a PC), you must use WinRAR, so make sure you are doing it with this program. You can find it in our downloads server here:
http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Please, keep us updated on how it goes! Good luck! Wink

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 fix not downloading/corrupted rar file. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 fix not downloading/corrupted rar file. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 07:07

thank you for your speedy response! you're right, the fix wasnt applied because it wont download for me. 

i downloaded both the pc link AND the mirror link, but when i go to open it with winrar i get this

!   C:\Users\trish\Downloads\The_Sims_3_fix.rar: Unexpected end of archive

i cant get the files to open so i can install the fix, hopefully you can help! this always happens right after i build a great house aha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 07:16

It seems the download is getting corrupted in the process, so WinRAR can't open it.

Can you try to do it in a different browser? Temporarily turning off the anti-virus may work as well.

Please try it and let us know how it goes! Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 07:34

you are awesome. thank you!! Tea 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 07:50

trishcat wrote:you are awesome. thank you!! Tea 5

No problem! Very Happy

Should you have any other issues, don't doubt to come back! Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 10:26

Problem solved, topic locked.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top