Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem at Start Up [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem at Start Up [SOLVED] Empty Problem at Start Up [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 24 Jun 2017, 21:25

My game will start but it unresponds right after the title of the game comes up. Usually it takes a moment or two for the game to load up but now it just sits there

Back to top Go down

Problem at Start Up [SOLVED] Empty Custom Content

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jun 2017, 01:51

My game froze a few seconds after opening it and stuck there. I've removed my mods folder completely and the game works fine now. I want to play with custom content and was even going to get rid of some of it. How can I get the game to work ok again with my mods folder inside?

Back to top Go down

Problem at Start Up [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problem at Start Up [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jun 2017, 09:26

I am sorry, but you need to work through your mods folder. You can use the mods conflict detector, which is available at Mod The Sims. This however is not foolproof.
I have almost 6000 mods and had to work through almost all of them until I found the culprit. Very often it is a script mod or some game altering mod. ( more columns in Cas, slower aging etc. )
What you do is the so called 50/50 method. You move the mods out of your game to the desktop. ( This you have already done ) now you create a new folder on your desktop and call it anything you like. Move approx. halve of your mods folder in there. Move them into the already newly created mods folder in Documents/Electronic Arts/ the sims 4.Start the game. if it runs smoothly, those mods are safe and you can leave them. If not, the culprit is in that new file. Now you have to move half of those packages  out, into another new File on your desk top. run game again, and check if it works. And that is how you continue. I had to work through all of mine until I found the culprits. ( Yea, it can be more than one ) took me almost two days. Now I keep script mods and those other game altering mods in a seperate file and that is the first file I double check if my game does not work. )
Good luck. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jun 2017, 18:13

Loonieloose wrote:I am sorry, but you need to work through your mods folder. You can use the mods conflict detector, which is available at Mod The Sims. This however is not foolproof.
I have almost 6000 mods and had to work through almost all of them until I found the culprit. Very often it is a script mod or some game altering mod. ( more columns in Cas, slower aging etc. )
What you do is the so called 50/50 method. You move the mods out of your game to the desktop. ( This you have already done ) now you create a new folder on your desktop and call it anything you like. Move approx. halve of your mods folder in there. Move them into the already newly created mods folder in Documents/Electronic Arts/ the sims 4.Start the game. if it runs smoothly, those mods are safe and you can leave them. If not, the culprit is in that new file. Now you have to move half of those packages  out, into another new File on your desk top. run game again, and check if it works. And that is how you continue. I had to work through all of mine until I found the culprits. ( Yea, it can be more than one ) took me almost two days. Now I keep script mods and those other game altering mods in a seperate file and that is the first file I double check if my game does not work. )
Good luck. Smile
It worked! Thank you @Loonieloose Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jun 2017, 21:49

Glad to hear that. Happy simming Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Jun 2017, 06:05

And a good rule of thumb from now on when installing mods is to have a Temp folder in your mods folder. All new mods go into that folder until you are sure they are not cause issues with your game. That way you will know exactly where and maybe even which mod is giving you issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 18:07

EDIT:
Please, please, stick to one topic. I see that you managed to found out the cause for not loading is due to mods but do keep your OTHER thread updated, or just reply to one.

I have merged and closed this thread. Keep in mind when posting in the future.

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top