Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Launcher says "error during startup" and closes.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Launcher says "error during startup" and closes. Empty Launcher says "error during startup" and closes.

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jun 2017, 04:42

I'm honestly not sure if this is the right place to post this (I only made this account to make this post), but I need some help. I just downloaded Ambitions, followed the instructions and everything and came to an error pretty quickly. I try to start up the launcher and all I get is an error message that says, "Error during startup, check log for more details." I looked around a bit and found the thread for the issue, however, it didn't work. No expansion packs that I didn't have were there in regedit, and I tried to fix the values of those two mentioned files but that didn't fix it either. 

I still get the issue message and it's getting really stressful for me. I just want to be able to play the game, you know?

The place that I downloaded the Sims 3 and about 4 other expansion packs is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3. And I have 6 expansions downloaded in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3.

Is there something I'm doing wrong with the registry? Any help would be very appreciated.

EDIT: I also thought it might be important to add that in the Sims 3 file, there are 2 files that weren't in the screenshots of the thread. They're called "GameExplorer" and "GDFbinary". Not sure if this matters or not, but it never hurts to add.

Back to top Go down

Launcher says "error during startup" and closes. Empty Re: Launcher says "error during startup" and closes.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 25 Jun 2017, 07:10

Hello,

Welcome to the Forum.
At this point, you may have to reinstall your game, if the fix-thread didn't work. But don't worry, you will still have your savegames. Back them up for good measure, although they shouldn't be removed, unless you accidentally have Setup remove them (been there  Hmmm, sure?)

You'd best skip Control Panel, and use a software like Youruninstaller for this (you can find a download link on our website), or use a registry cleaner after you're done.

Good luck!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)