Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duplicate Files When Downloading Sims 4? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Duplicate Files When Downloading Sims 4? [SOLVED] Empty Duplicate Files When Downloading Sims 4? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jun 2017, 18:10

Hi, 

I just found this website and am trying to download The Sims 4 with all of the expansions etc. So far I've tried it 3 different times, which is frustrating because it takes so long. The first time I didn't do it 100% in order, so I did it again. The second time I got messages saying it wasn't up to date among others such as origin running even though it wasn't up at all. This time, I'm getting the message that it's missing something and I need to reinstall. When I download the base game, the base game along with a file called "The Sims 4 Update" shows up and downloads too. However, when I try and download the Toddlers, Vampires, and Bowling Stuff, it's the exact same file as "The Sims 4 Update" that shows up with the base game. Is that what's causing the message saying I'm missing something?

Back to top Go down

Duplicate Files When Downloading Sims 4? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Duplicate Files When Downloading Sims 4? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jun 2017, 18:21

Installation should be done in a specific order.
You must have all DLC's in the correct order installed.
See HERE

Back to top Go down

Duplicate Files When Downloading Sims 4? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Duplicate Files When Downloading Sims 4? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 06:02

I did them in the correct order other than the fitness one cause it won't work no matter how many times I try it. The Sims game itself says the message that it needs updated through Origin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 09:59

celestialmoon wrote:I did them in the correct order other than the fitness one cause it won't work no matter how many times I try it. The Sims game itself says the message that it needs updated through Origin.
Update through Origin error:
Delete the file GameVersion from Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 19:40

I did that. I'm still receiving the same error message of it needing updated.Duplicate Files When Downloading Sims 4? [SOLVED] Update10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 19:56

Hi @celestialmoon ,

Move out your Sims 4 folder under Documents to desktop and try running the game. If it works, you can restore back your mods/saves after that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 21:30

No need to move out the complete The Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.
Simply delete the file GameVersion and that will do the trick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jun 2017, 19:42

I finally got it working and the game is working. However, the screen is glitching like crazy and is very distracting. Is there any way to fix this or is that just the way is it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jun 2017, 19:49

Also, none of the expansions or extras are included in the base game. I followed every step in the guide. Am I to extract each file with WinRar? I have been doing that. Each download goes into my Downloads folder with the Torrent program I use. I left them there cause the guide said not to do anything else. I tried to move them into the Sims 4 folder in my 86-bit programs file, but that didn't work either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jun 2017, 15:26

Hi, 

I saw you post the same thing in another thread. For better reply purposes, I suggest sticking to your thread so that we can help you 'faster' without the cluttered responses.

So now, if this has been suggested previously, I'm sorry. But you need to copy + paste (do not move them) to your Sims 4 path file (generally Program Files(x86)/EA) pack by pack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jun 2017, 16:58

Thank you for the reply. I will do that. Do you know why it's so glitchy, though? It will make the game extremely difficult to play if that's how it's going to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jun 2017, 18:19

celestialmoon wrote:Thank you for the reply. I will do that. Do you know why it's so glitchy, though? It will make the game extremely difficult to play if that's how it's going to be.
Unfortunately, alot of things can cause the game to glitch. Most common is the usage of mods, incompatible or outdated mods. Others might be a corrupted save or in our case (pirated) incorrect installation and such. But seeing that even the legit game have glitches, the problem may lie within the game itself.  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 00:37

That's understandable. The screen on this one keeps cutting across and going in and out of view. I won't be able to play it unless I can somehow fix it. I'll mess around with it and see what happens. Thanks for your help with everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 14:08

I see. Perhaps you can change the pc screen resolution? Or is it possible to take a picture (i'm gonna assume it's impossible to screenshot) the glitch?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jul 2017, 21:10

I was able to fix it. Changing it from fullscreen to window fullscreen in The Sims 4 game options worked and stopped the glitching. Hopefully it won't happen again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 16:54

I see. I myself prefer to play windowed fullscreen as well haha.
Feel free to open a new topic if you have anymore problems/bugs.
Cheers!

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top