Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Build Mode Is Not Working Help !!!!!!! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Build Mode Is Not Working Help !!!!!!! [SOLVED] Empty Build Mode Is Not Working Help !!!!!!! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 20:47

Hello, 
I'm New in this Forum. First of all I would like to thank you guys for the hard work.......... You guys Rock !!!!  Good job! Good job!
Whenever I fell in some serious problems with Sims 4 you have been my only savior. 

But there is a problem I'm facing now I just don't know how to get rid off. Ever since I've installed and applied the Toddlers, Vampires and Bowling stuff pack from G4TW official website the Build mode of the game is not working . When I open build menu from live mode of an active household it opens but doesn't show the items in the menu it remains totally blank.  

Build Mode Is Not Working Help !!!!!!! [SOLVED] Build_10

The same happens if I directly open Build mode from manage worlds. It allows me to sell pre-owned items of the household but nothing much. Further when I try to buy a building from Gallery and place it in the selected lot it goes to a endless loading screen and ultimately crashes.

Build Mode Is Not Working Help !!!!!!! [SOLVED] The_si10

I've sincerely read and followed the must read guide in this page: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly#146695  and renamed my previous game file and downloaded new game file from the give link in that page but still I get no answer. 
Here I should mention : 
1.I have moved my Sims 4 folder from C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\  to C:\Program Files\ right after installing the 1st pack .All the packs I've installed so far are from G4TW site and nowhere else.
2.My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit) .I have read in a random website that we can't run The Sims 4 properly in Windows 7 Ultimate for certain cause. Is it true?
3.For facing some problems in past like freezing screen and endless loading screen I play in windowed mode and has kept Vertical Sync off. I also do not have any mod or CC in my game.
4.After installing get to Work I saw the Llama signs all over Newcrest but I didn't install the fix and instead started playing . Could it be the reason for my latest problem?  
5.My create a New Sim mode is Working alright and here I must mention I have quite a lot of lots in my library all made by me. Does it matters ?
6. Lastly I've added Sims 4 file to the exception list of my antivirus right after 1st installation so it doesn't bother the game .
     Thank you very much guys for reading this I hope you find an answer to this problem and let me know.

Back to top Go down

Build Mode Is Not Working Help !!!!!!! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Build Mode Is Not Working Help !!!!!!! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 21:29

Hi, 

Did you have the up till fitness pack as well? Or just till Vampire + Toddler? The .exe version stated 1.31 so if it's up till Vampire, you should have 1.29 instead.

You should exclude all the files and folders before downloading/installing the game to prevent 'accidental' deletion.

You can run the sims 4 in compatibility mode if you find that you're having persistent issues with the game not running properly.

Also, if you have mods, do take them out and test the game to see if the stuffs shows up. If yes, the cause is likely due to mods.

Back to top Go down

Build Mode Is Not Working Help !!!!!!! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Build Mode Is Not Working Help !!!!!!! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jun 2017, 08:01

Ageha wrote:Hi, 

Did you have the up till fitness pack as well? Or just till Vampire + Toddler? The .exe version stated 1.31 so if it's up till Vampire, you should have 1.29 instead.

You should exclude all the files and folders before downloading/installing the game to prevent 'accidental' deletion.

You can run the sims 4 in compatibility mode if you find that you're having persistent issues with the game not running properly.

Also, if you have mods, do take them out and test the game to see if the stuffs shows up. If yes, the cause is likely due to mods.
Hello, 
I have Vampire + Toddlers in the game and only up to that. No Parenthood or Fitness stuff and this problem started just after installing Vampires + Toddlers.
I've excluded all the files and folders where I download and keep sims 4 files and of course excluded program files before installing.
As I stated before I do not have any mod or cc .
I would try reinstalling the game and having 1.29 instead 1.31
Thanks for the suggestion Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jun 2017, 10:56

game version 1.31 is fitness, not Vampire. So somewhere along the line you must have installed fitness on top of what you had before and now the game is a bit confused? It is missing something? I would definitely try re-installing. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jun 2017, 17:16

how do i get back to version 1.29 and not 1.31 cause i don't have the fitness stuff yet and the build mode is not working too? Sad(

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jun 2017, 17:28

LAZYM wrote:how do i get back to version 1.29 and not 1.31 cause i don't have the fitness stuff yet and the build mode is not working too? Sad(
Same Here. Don't know if there is a way to get back to a previous version. I think we should install parenthood and fitness stuff to our game with build mode problem. I'm not sure if it would work though it should 'cause version 1.31 is for fitness stuff........but again it's The Sims 4 and I'm really confused.   I is confused I is confused I is confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jun 2017, 17:34

well i'm downloading fitness stuff now..hope it works after that Sad cause i think what caused the problem in the first place is that i downloaded a temp. fix which is another game folder but i didn't pay attention that it was for version 1.31 so that's maybe the mistake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jun 2017, 18:21

I'm having this issue as well. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jun 2017, 19:54

You know guys, it might be a good idea to install fitness stuff. Reading through the posts that are solved, a lot of people mentioned that their problem was fixed after installing fitness stuff. Please make sure that you download the patch https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30742-the-sims-4-fitness-stuff-out-now# from here and NOT the fix!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jun 2017, 20:37

I am having the same problem. I have every one of the G4TW expansion/stuff/packs, including Fitness, installed (and reintstalled and reinstalled again), the update (NOT the fix-only update), and the endless loading screen fix. I have no firewall or security software active on my PC.

Everything else works great in the game, except all the categories in the build/buy mode are empty. I even went in and enabled freebuild (even though I was trying to build on a clean empty lot) and enable the debug objects (thinking something just glitched out). There are no items missing inworld, the items are just not showing up in the build/buymode.

Very weird.

Edit: Fixed mine and this is what I did.
Following Loonieloose's lead, I went back and reinstalled ONLY Fitness. I didn't do anything else. If you had this problem and installed everything else, you don't have to do anything else but add the Fitness folders to your The Sims 4 folder. Don't reapply the Endless Loading fix game folder or reinstall the Update after this.

Last edited by blankityblank on Wed 28 Jun 2017, 21:01; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jun 2017, 20:56

Have you got any mods installed in the game? if yes, move them to your desktop, move tray and saves as well. Run the game completely vanilla and see if the problem is still there. If not, you have a corrupted mod file, corrupted script mod or corrupted cc. You will then have to find it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jun 2017, 23:45

blankityblank wrote:I am having the same problem. I have every one of the G4TW expansion/stuff/packs, including Fitness, installed (and reintstalled and reinstalled again), the update (NOT the fix-only update), and the endless loading screen fix. I have no firewall or security software active on my PC.

Everything else works great in the game, except all the categories in the build/buy mode are empty. I even went in and enabled freebuild (even though I was trying to build on a clean empty lot) and enable the debug objects (thinking something just glitched out). There are no items missing inworld, the items are just not showing up in the build/buymode.

Very weird.

Edit: Fixed mine and this is what I did.
Following Loonieloose's lead, I went back and reinstalled ONLY Fitness. I didn't do anything else. If you had this problem and installed everything else, you don't have to do anything else but add the Fitness folders to your The Sims 4 folder. Don't reapply the Endless Loading fix game folder or reinstall the Update after this.
so I should only install fitness? not vampires bowling or parenthood?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jun 2017, 04:09

I fixed my game. I just uninstalled all EPS and SPs including the base game and reinstalled following the correct format.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jun 2017, 04:12

i fixed it just by installing fitness stuff, and while i have mods and everything is working fine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jun 2017, 05:52

Loonieloose wrote:You know guys, it might be a good idea to install fitness stuff. Reading through the posts that are solved, a lot of people mentioned that their problem was fixed after installing fitness stuff. Please make sure that you download the patch https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30742-the-sims-4-fitness-stuff-out-now# from here and NOT the fix!
Hey thanks for the patch I'm trying it right now and I'll let you know if it worked. Smile Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jun 2017, 09:27

holding thumbs Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 11:52

Loonieloose wrote:holding thumbs Smile
Yayyy it's working!!!! I'm so happy emergaw I'm so happy emergaw I'm so happy emergaw I'm so happy emergaw
I've just installed parenthood and fitness pack to my game and bingo !!!! It's showing up all the build mode objects and I can build my house again .
So far there's been no problem in game play but I had two played household among which I can find only one. I don't mind really since I can play and build houses . Smile Smile Smile
Big thanks to you all for your helps and suggestions ...........you're the best !!! Carlos is tha man!!! Carlos is tha man!!! Carlos is tha man!!!

*Dancing Like Crazy*

Build Mode Is Not Working Help !!!!!!! [SOLVED] Giphy

Hammertime Hammertime Hammertime Hammertime Hammertime Hammertime Hammertime Hammertime Hammertime Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 14:26

Glad to hear that the Fitness stuff fixes the bug for you! Feel free to open a new topic if you have anymore problems.
Cheers! Very Happy

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top