Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Build/Buy Mode not working, causing game to freeze

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Build/Buy Mode not working, causing game to freeze Empty Sims 3 Build/Buy Mode not working, causing game to freeze

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2013, 17:47

Hi, so here's what's happening with my game: After a day of downloading a few mods for my game, I started it, hoping to use them. To be more specific, I wanted to use the Pose Player mod and a few pose sets you have to use with it.  So after I started the game and all, I naturally clicked the buy mod where you're supposed to "buy" it, and then place the pose thing in a spot near your Sim in order to use it. But when I clicked it, it froze and then the cursor turned into the loading circle and stayed that way no matter what. I can't click or change to any other menu and I have to go back to the main menu by clicking the F6 button (I think, I forgot the exact number of it). From there I have to exit. So the only thing I can do is play the game without going to the Buy or Build mode. 

To try and fix it, I uninstalled the mods, thinking that was the problem. I started the game with no mods at all, and still the same problem. I have the base game and Seasons, both downloaded from G4TW, and 3 other expansions (World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations) downloaded from a friend's disks. I googled this problem and searched for an answer, but to no avail... Everyone else seems to have the same problem but under different circumstances. I need help tailored to my specific problem.  I found the similar problems posted here too... but I really need help understanding the answers given. Like the crack renaming things... I don't think I could do that alone without more explanation (I've messed up things before trying the crack things without the proper info). And yes, I've tried the Ultimate Fix. Again, I'm pretty sure I did it right, but there's a chance I could've messed it up and need help redoing it. Even with the video and helpful steps, I got confused with what I was doing.

Also, when I tried updating the game recently, it said "file not found" near the end of the whole download process. This may be connected, but I'm not sure.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Build/Buy Mode not working, causing game to freeze Empty Re: Sims 3 Build/Buy Mode not working, causing game to freeze

Post by J.T. Sat 06 Jul 2013, 06:56

Hello,

Have you safely disabled the mods before removing? And after that, rename this folder: C:\Users\(your computer name)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. If this doesn't work, please try to install CC Magic and The Sims 3 Dashboard and check which mods are conflicting with each other.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Build/Buy Mode not working, causing game to freeze Empty Re: Sims 3 Build/Buy Mode not working, causing game to freeze

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 06 Jul 2013, 12:30

JayMusicGirl wrote:Hi, so here's what's happening with my game: After a day of downloading a few mods for my game, I started it, hoping to use them. To be more specific, I wanted to use the Pose Player mod and a few pose sets you have to use with it.  So after I started the game and all, I naturally clicked the buy mod where you're supposed to "buy" it, and then place the pose thing in a spot near your Sim in order to use it. But when I clicked it, it froze and then the cursor turned into the loading circle and stayed that way no matter what. I can't click or change to any other menu and I have to go back to the main menu by clicking the F6 button (I think, I forgot the exact number of it). From there I have to exit. So the only thing I can do is play the game without going to the Buy or Build mode. 

To try and fix it, I uninstalled the mods, thinking that was the problem. I started the game with no mods at all, and still the same problem. I have the base game and Seasons, both downloaded from G4TW, and 3 other expansions (World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations) downloaded from a friend's disks. I googled this problem and searched for an answer, but to no avail... Everyone else seems to have the same problem but under different circumstances. I need help tailored to my specific problem.  I found the similar problems posted here too... but I really need help understanding the answers given. Like the crack renaming things... I don't think I could do that alone without more explanation (I've messed up things before trying the crack things without the proper info). And yes, I've tried the Ultimate Fix. Again, I'm pretty sure I did it right, but there's a chance I could've messed it up and need help redoing it. Even with the video and helpful steps, I got confused with what I was doing.

Also, when I tried updating the game recently, it said "file not found" near the end of the whole download process. This may be connected, but I'm not sure.

Hello there,

I will look into that problem (with CAS/Buy-/Buildmode crashing) more deeply, but for now you could (re-)download the "manual" patch, available here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch. After applying that patch, you (re-) download that "Ultimate fix", available here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

To make things easier, in THAT case, you only need to apply the two files from the "#crack" folder in the Ultimate fix. In that #crack folder there is the TS3W.exe and the TSLHost.dll. Now you copy these two files to C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Of course, you need to "replace the existing files".

One more thing: NEVER use the cracks that are included in the expansions you download; only use the "Ultimate fix".

cat2006house wrote:Hello,

Have you safely disabled the mods before removing? And after that, rename this folder: C:\Users\(your computer name)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. If this doesn't work, please try to install CC Magic and The Sims 3 Dashboard and check which mods are conflicting with each other.

Actually there aren't that many mods which you need to "disable before un-installing". Usually that's the case with some core-mods (so not in this case).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jul 2013, 20:53

Thanks for the advice guys, excuse my late response. I'll try to try those things you guys suggested soon, I have been really busy which explains my late post. I'll update you on whether they work or not when I do.

//EDIT

Hello, I just wanted to bump this thread. I still have the problem and I'm still having problems figuring out what exactly to do to. Should I really install the Ultimate Fix again when I already did? And I've already uninstalled all mods, I think I stated that already. I'm just thinking of uninstalling the game and reinstalling on it, but I would end up losing my games, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 12 Oct 2013, 02:05

JayMusicGirl wrote:Thanks for the advice guys, excuse my late response. I'll try to try those things you guys suggested soon, I have been really busy which explains my late post. I'll update you on whether they work or not when I do.

//EDIT

Hello, I just wanted to bump this thread. I still have the problem and I'm still having problems figuring out what exactly to do to. Should I really install the Ultimate Fix again when I already did? And I've already uninstalled all mods, I think I stated that already. I'm just thinking of uninstalling the game and reinstalling on it, but I would end up losing my games, right?
Hello,

At first, try to re-do the steps from 2 to 4 here:  https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

If you haven't done so yet, have a look at this here too: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013

If you plan on using the "4 GB patch" (step #3 in the above article), then you need to choose the "TS3W.exe" in the base game location, once you double-click the patch.

Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top