Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNABLE TO START: ORIGIN NOT RUNNING??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

UNABLE TO START: ORIGIN NOT RUNNING?? Empty UNABLE TO START: ORIGIN NOT RUNNING??

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jul 2017, 20:07

Hello there! I've recently downloaded TS4 and without adding any of the DLCs, it worked perfectly fine for me. After following all the steps and downloading the DLCs, my game wouldn't launch. I've installed the Fix, but nothing happened. I still get the message "Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4 [...]". Whenever I don't get that message, I get another one saying "Run as administrator [...]" but even if I do run the game as administrator, I once again get the message saying that Origin is not running. Someone please help me.. I've been trying to play this for a week now, and nothing works unless I only play the base game with nothing added to it, which is pretty boring.

Back to top Go down

UNABLE TO START: ORIGIN NOT RUNNING?? Empty Re: UNABLE TO START: ORIGIN NOT RUNNING??

Post by Guest Mon 10 Jul 2017, 15:26

Hi there,

Where is your Sims 4 installed to currently? Also make sure that either 1)No origin is actually installed 2) All files/folders are added to the exclusion list in anti-virus/windows defender. Alternatively, you can turn both of them off.

Seeing that it actually works fine before, I'm sure you've done the above, but just double check again in case some files weren't included.

Back to top Go down

UNABLE TO START: ORIGIN NOT RUNNING?? Empty Re: UNABLE TO START: ORIGIN NOT RUNNING??

Post by Guest Mon 10 Jul 2017, 16:16

When you have installed all DLC's incl. fitness and still having problems with Origin:
Switch off your anti-virus

1. Delete the folder Game from your install folder
2. Download, extract with Winrar and place the new Game-folder in your install folder
UNABLE TO START: ORIGIN NOT RUNNING?? File
game_fitness_english.rar
Download File

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jul 2017, 15:21

If all the solutions above don't work, If the game is installed in Electronic arts or Origin games move it out from there. If the problem still persists, try re-applying the crack and close your anti-virus. If it continues, try running the game from TS4.exe instead of TS4_64.exe or vice versa.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top