Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims keep freezing (getting stuck), won't perform any actions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims keep freezing (getting stuck), won't perform any actions Empty Sims keep freezing (getting stuck), won't perform any actions

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 06:46

So while i was playing tonight I came across this bug where my sim keeps freezing and won't perform any actions. I've looked everywhere for a solution but there doesn't seem to be one, I've found some workarounds (such as resetting my userfiles) and though that does work, it only works for a few minutes and then I have to do the whole process all over again. 

It started when the power went out in my apartment (I was using NikNak513's Moveable/Buyable City Living Apartment Objects at the time, so I thought maybe that caused it but that doesn't seem to be the case) and my sim called her landlord, while I waited for him to show up I had her go paint. As soon as the landlord arrived he just stood there, didn't even come into my apartment. He wasn't frozen, just kind of stuck there, he still did those little animations the sims do when they're idle. After I noticed that I went to cancel my sim's action and then realized she was stuck too, she was doing the same animation and her skill bar was still going up but the actual canvas she was painting on remained the same. I tried canceling her actions but it wouldn't work. 

This is when I started googling for a solution. Resetting her and hard resetting everyone didn't work, she stopped what she was doing but as soon as she went to perform another task she got stuck again (the landlord remained stuck throughout all of this.) I have since then reset my user files twice, and this time I decided to play without any actual gameplay mods (so anything that wasn't custom hair, clothes, objects, traits, etc.) The only mod I kept was MC Command Center. I also didn't allow script mods, just in case. This time my sim became stuck again once I tried to cancel her actions, I reset her and then told her to go outside which she did but when I tried to get her to introduce herself to another sim she just stood there, I then tried to get her to go sit down, that didn't work either, she just continued standing there. This time I could at least cancel the actions unlike the first time when this whole problem started.

This is getting very tedious and I really would just like to play my game, I've tried everything (the only thing I haven't tried that was a suggestion was repairing my game with origin, since I'm playing a cracked game that's not possible) and I can't find a solution anywhere, so if anyone could help me, please.

Back to top Go down

Sims keep freezing (getting stuck), won't perform any actions Empty Re: Sims keep freezing (getting stuck), won't perform any actions

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 15:27

Hi,

Have you instead try to move out your entire Sims 4 folder in Documents? If you happen to save while the bug was occurring, the game might make the save file corrupted instead. Also, does this happen to all households or just your sim?

Back to top Go down

Sims keep freezing (getting stuck), won't perform any actions Empty Re: Sims keep freezing (getting stuck), won't perform any actions

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 16:18

I have tried removing the entire sims 4 folder, thats what I meant when I said resetting my userfiles. After I do this the game starts working again but after a few minute of gameplay the problem starts happening again. 
I've tried making a new save with a random sim from cas and that seemed to work and so I tried making a new save with my original sim using the backup of her that gets saved in the tray folder every time you create a sim and soon enough she started getting stuck again. (I had also put in her original apartment that I saved in my library) So I'm not sure if it's the save, but it doesnt seem like it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jul 2017, 00:21

I just re-installed my game. Started a new save and after playing for about 2 hours my sim started getting stuck again. At this point I don't know what else to do, can anybody please help me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jul 2017, 00:40

hollylikescats wrote:I just re-installed my game. Started a new save and after playing for about 2 hours my sim started getting stuck again. At this point I don't know what else to do, can anybody please help me
If your sim is stuck, just open the cheat console by Control + shift + C
Write : TestingCheats True
Click shift on the stuck sim
Click Reset Object (Debug)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jul 2017, 00:50

I've tried that, it doesn't work, my sim stops performing the task they were stuck doing but they won't do anything else they just stand there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jul 2017, 00:54

hollylikescats wrote:I've tried that, it doesn't work, my sim stops performing the task they were stuck doing but they won't do anything else they just stand there.
Maybe moving out The Sims 4 from documents and restarting the game would help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jul 2017, 12:29

I fear that there is a problem with that specific Sim.
Have you tried to move her out of her house to another world ?
(Then eventually move her back again)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 14:36

I think I might have fixed the problem. After completely uninstalling everything and reinstalling and putting back my tray, mods and saves I tried playing with the old save. Soon enough my sim got stuck again. So once again I took out my mods folder and put it on the desktop and then deleted my the sims 4 folder, ran the game to create a new one and then put back my mods folder(this is the only folder I put back), after having removed all gameplay mods (except one that I accidently merged somewhere and can't find to remove it), I'm still playing with custom hair, clothes, etc. I recreated my sim, her apartment, and a random npc that she had been dating in my old save from scratch.
So far I haven't come across the problem again. I've been saving every 40 or so minutes and making a copy of each save in a folder elsewhere on my computer just in case the game becomes corrupt again I hope to be able to salvage some of it. I keep all the saves from a certain day in a folder labeled with the date (each save has it's own subfolder in this folder with the exact time that the game was saved), so after a day of playing there's about 15 saves, I delete all of them except the last one of that day, just as a reference just in case and the next day I repeat the same process. It can get tedious but it's better than having to make a new save if this problem happens again. So far nothing has gone wrong.
I made this as detailed as possible in case anyone comes across this problem, I wouldn't call this a real fix for this problem because it's so inconvient but it's the best solution I've found.
Thank you to everyone who tried to help!!

also I'm thinking of putting some mods back in (specifically MC commander center) just to make gameplay easier but I'm terrified of potentially ruining my game. Does that seem like a bad idea, or was it just that save file that was corrupt and the mods didn't make a difference?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 14:48

1) She already moved out the Sims 4 folder from documents.
2) She re-installed the game and the same thing happens.
3) I suspected, it might be as Tarac said. Try moving to another world, or evict her, and remove the furniture from the house. I saw on the sims forum that apparently moving out and moving back in fixes the problem, BUT all the furniture was gone. It might be furniture-related in this sense?

EDIT:
So I saw your reply before posting mine. If it was indeed a corrupted save, you can actually revert back to the old version instead of using the latest one. But I'm not sure why with a new game it still happens (the freezing). Regarding mods, you can put them in one at a time and test the game. The MCCC though, I heard that the latest/updated version is causing problems for the simmers so it might be a good idea to roll back to the previous one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top