Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE SIMS 3 ERROR 0x024e424f (ONLY STARTED AFTER I INSTALLED GENERATIONS AND CONTINUED AFTER UNINSTALLED) [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

THE SIMS 3 ERROR 0x024e424f (ONLY STARTED AFTER I INSTALLED GENERATIONS AND CONTINUED AFTER UNINSTALLED) [SOLVED] Empty THE SIMS 3 ERROR 0x024e424f (ONLY STARTED AFTER I INSTALLED GENERATIONS AND CONTINUED AFTER UNINSTALLED) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jan 2012, 12:13

Sorry, this is a long post:

To start off....

• I downloaded The Sims 3 base game from thepiratebay (it was the RAZOR version) and that downloaded, installed, and worked perfectly.

• I then decided I wanted to try the Late Night expansion, so I downloaded the one that is on thepiratebay from games4theworld. It downloaded, installed, and worked perfectly. I used the ultimate fix when I installed this, which probably had something to do why everything went so well.

• These two had been downloaded within the last two almost three weeks, and the other day, I decided I wanted to try Ambitions. That too downloaded installed great, I installed the ultimate fix to it as well, and it worked.

About an hour or two ago I was looking into the Generations EP and it seemed like it would be kind of fun, so I went onto thepiratebay again and I got it from games4theworld since everything else from you (or you guys...?) worked great. This failed so bad.

I never had a problem with any of the other downloads or applying the fix, it was all very easy and straightforward. A few days before I installed Ambitions, I installed a few mods and CCs but even Ambitions worked fine after all of that and I continued to download a few mods after.

• So I installed Generations - I forgot to mention that this was already in my downloads from when I installed Late Night but it said to only do something with the crack folder? I think..I can't remember completely. So I already had the rar folder and just opened it up since I didn't actually have the EP and just went with the full EP installation, followed the installation guide serial numbers and everything (though I did not put in the crack).

That part went fine. Then I opened up the ultimate fix rar and followed the steps again, all seemed to go well. I try to open up the game and I get a black screen which had never happened this entire time and it says something like 'unable to start - initialization error 0x024e424f'

I promise you I looked through the forums before registering and coming here to post this, I tried taking out the mods and CCs (didn't work), I tried applying the crack from the EP rar, I restarted my computer...I feel like I've exhausted every option. Finally, I just uninstalled Generations because it just wasn't working and it was starting to annoy me (though I said I wouldn't be since all the other expansions had worked and it was all just a game) but my issue with this only began when NOW when I start to open to the game, it STILL gives me the same error message. I went back through and applied the fix (and restarted my computer), it still isn't working.

THE SIMS 3 ERROR 0x024e424f (ONLY STARTED AFTER I INSTALLED GENERATIONS AND CONTINUED AFTER UNINSTALLED) [SOLVED] 1469785098

Please, please help. It would be great if Generations worked, it's fine that it doesn't. But somehow this whole situation has caused the entire game to not open and I honestly don't know where to go from here. THE SIMS 3 ERROR 0x024e424f (ONLY STARTED AFTER I INSTALLED GENERATIONS AND CONTINUED AFTER UNINSTALLED) [SOLVED] 2279017149

My mods and CCs are back installed but I don't think taking them out again is going to make a difference when I already tried it earlier.

THE SIMS 3 ERROR 0x024e424f (ONLY STARTED AFTER I INSTALLED GENERATIONS AND CONTINUED AFTER UNINSTALLED) [SOLVED] 2830496658 THE SIMS 3 ERROR 0x024e424f (ONLY STARTED AFTER I INSTALLED GENERATIONS AND CONTINUED AFTER UNINSTALLED) [SOLVED] 2830496658 THE SIMS 3 ERROR 0x024e424f (ONLY STARTED AFTER I INSTALLED GENERATIONS AND CONTINUED AFTER UNINSTALLED) [SOLVED] 2830496658

Back to top Go down

THE SIMS 3 ERROR 0x024e424f (ONLY STARTED AFTER I INSTALLED GENERATIONS AND CONTINUED AFTER UNINSTALLED) [SOLVED] Empty [.......]..CONT'D

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jan 2012, 12:20

Great.

I'm trying to reapply the 'ultimate fix' and now it says I don't have permission to do that. -____-

I am seriously regretting downloading that Generations file. Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm

Back to top Go down

THE SIMS 3 ERROR 0x024e424f (ONLY STARTED AFTER I INSTALLED GENERATIONS AND CONTINUED AFTER UNINSTALLED) [SOLVED] Empty Re: THE SIMS 3 ERROR 0x024e424f (ONLY STARTED AFTER I INSTALLED GENERATIONS AND CONTINUED AFTER UNINSTALLED) [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 11 Jan 2012, 13:10

Hello,
Installing Generations patched your game to a new version, so the crack you used before doesn't work anymore. Uninstalling Generations isn't going to change that.
Fortunately this can probably be fixed easily, and you can reinstall Generations.
You're going to need the new fix, which you can get here, it requires you to update to version 1.29.
If you're having problems updating through the launcher, you can find a manual patch here.
If applied correctly, the fix should solve the service initialization failure.
Make sure you're logged onto your pc as "administrator" to get the necessary permissions.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

THE SIMS 3 ERROR 0x024e424f (ONLY STARTED AFTER I INSTALLED GENERATIONS AND CONTINUED AFTER UNINSTALLED) [SOLVED] Empty Re: THE SIMS 3 ERROR 0x024e424f (ONLY STARTED AFTER I INSTALLED GENERATIONS AND CONTINUED AFTER UNINSTALLED) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jan 2012, 13:23

Thank you for replying so quickly! :] Very much appreciated.

I am going to try what you suggested above.

I am logged on as administrator, the message I got was a different kind of denial of permission. I saw it on some other posts in the forum, it gives the options to 'Try again' 'Skip' or 'Cancel' after you try to click the move and replace to the Game/Bin area in The Sims 3 base folder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 11 Jan 2012, 13:25

candiloves wrote:Thank you for replying so quickly! :] Very much appreciated.

I am going to try what you suggested above.

I am logged on as administrator, the message I got was a different kind of denial of permission. I saw it on some other posts in the forum, it gives the options to 'Try again' 'Skip' or 'Cancel' after you try to click the move and replace to the Game/Bin area in The Sims 3 base folder
Hello,

Could you please send a screenshot of the folder you're trying to copy to?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jan 2012, 13:29

Also, are the files in The Sims Fix rar always changing? I just downloaded that rar about a week or two ago.

I've attached a screenshot of the Game/Bin area of the base game I was trying to put the #Crack from the fix folder into.
That is the only one it gave me that permission denied message at.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jan 2012, 13:34

I was trying to do the fix again and here is a screenshot of the error it gave me again when I tried to copy the fixes into the Game/Bin area of the base game folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 11 Jan 2012, 13:37

candiloves wrote:Also, are the files in The Sims Fix rar always changing? I just downloaded that rar about a week or two ago.

I've attached a screenshot of the Game/Bin area of the base game I was trying to put the #Crack from the fix folder into.
That is the only one it gave me that permission denied message at.

Hello,

That's the correct folder. If you got to the Ultimate Fix' download page[/url] and scroll down, you'll see a changelog under the screenshots. Every update of the Fix is shown in that list.
Please contact me via the Forum's chatbox when you see me online. I'll try to help you via TeamViewer.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jan 2012, 13:48

Aw it didn't work :/ it's still giving me that denied access/permission message. I attached a screenshot in the previous message.

Is there a way to undo this or do I just need to uninstall and re-install the game? :/

//EDIT

Thank you sooooo much!

Best help ever, Admin! ^__^ I appreciate this so much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 11 Jan 2012, 15:01

Hello,

Glad it works now! Have fun playing and please let us know if you ever have any more problems!

For future reference; The error was caused by the The Sims 3 launcher, which was open on the background, so I closed it and then we could copy the files just fine. After that, I found out that the game was not the latest version (1.29 at the moment) yet, so I re-applied the Ultimate Fix, including the update step. Now the game works fine. Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top