Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Can't Scold Kids/Teens for Yelling Forbidden Words? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I Can't Scold Kids/Teens for Yelling Forbidden Words? [SOLVED] Empty I Can't Scold Kids/Teens for Yelling Forbidden Words? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jul 2017, 23:40

I've been playing parenthood for a couple weeks with no issues until my sim's child entered a phase were he's screaming profanities every few minutes. The weird part to me is that my sims can be standing next to him while he does it and they don't react at all and there's no interactions to ground or scold him in the parenting dropdown.

EDIT: This just happened while I was writing this post lol and the issue was solved. I'll post anyway and explain down here what I did to correct it in case anyone else comes looking.

I think that for some reason when I applied the 1.30 patch (before I installed Fitness stuff) that Fitness stuff overwrote something or for some reason or another the interactions were missing for scolding your kids/teens for shouting forbidden words. It's odd since it was THE ONLY missing interactions and it didn't have anything at all to do with my firewall. Putting that aside..

What I did to fix it: There's another thread on this topic of missing interactions for Parenthood and the fix is to install the 1.30.150.1010 patch(it includes the fix for the interactions I already did it which is also weird that they were still missing???).
Link here(in case you can't find it yourself):https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30367-the-sims-4-patch-level-1-30-105-1010-out-now# 

Basically I just reapplied the patch first, then reapplied Fitness Stuff after and the issue solved itself. I'm still not sure how these interactions became missing to begin with, even after I had already gone through this process before. Maybe someone has some better insight into that?

But anyway, when I started it up I was able to ground my sim's kid for cursing! Finally the little, uncouth nightmare is punished and I can deal with his new phase properly!

Hope this helps someone else too, happy grounding!

Back to top Go down

I Can't Scold Kids/Teens for Yelling Forbidden Words? [SOLVED] Empty Re: I Can't Scold Kids/Teens for Yelling Forbidden Words? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 19 Jul 2017, 23:44

Hello,

The "Fitness"-pack was compiled in a way to make the previous 1.30.105.1010 patch not a necessity anymore. I personally don't think that this is the issue, but then again, I can't be 100% sure.

Sometimes the game has hiccups, maybe your issue was similar to what is described in the other thread here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22402-suddenly-missing-dlc-packs-in-the-sims-4-possible-fix
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top