Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't find game- folder

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't find game- folder Empty Can't find game- folder

Post by Guest Fri 21 Jul 2017, 20:15

Hi.

I've downloaded up to the Vampire pack into the torrent thing, and all these files have automatically saved to my downloads folder. However, I can't find the game folder in my downloads folder?? Do I need to re download everything??

Many thanks

Back to top Go down

Can't find game- folder Empty Re: Can't find game- folder

Post by Guest Fri 21 Jul 2017, 21:08

Hi there,

Which game folder are you talking about? If it's the default one, then it should be there in the Vampire update when you unzip/unrar them. If it's the Game_ or Game- folder, you're actually supposed to rename the current Game to Game_/Game-. 

You can also delete the current Game folder (after installing Vampire) and copy + paste (update) to Parenthood.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 23 Jul 2017, 16:13

theflirtmeister wrote:Hi.

I've downloaded up to the Vampire pack into the torrent thing, and all these files have automatically saved to my downloads folder. However, I can't find the game folder in my downloads folder?? Do I need to re download everything??

Many thanks

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

You have to install the games first, before you can concern yourself with the "Game"-folder. In every torrent you downloaded, there will be an 'Installation Guide.txt' file. Please consult these documents first. 

A global overview of the install procedure, can be found here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Just remember: downloading is typically NOT the same thing as installing. Just because you downloaded something doesn't mean it has been installed already. At least not on Windows OS (not sure how Mac or Linux work in that regard).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Aug 2017, 21:20

Hi
I have a same problem ... .
I installed the sims 4 base game in the drive C (C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\)
then I drag and drop the mentioned folder of get to work , get together and city living in the installation folder then because of my drive C was full ,I moved the folder of The sims 4 in the another drive . then copy the mentioned folder of vampire in the installation folder but I didn't see any folder game else to rename it(It was just one folder game/bin/)
then I installed parenthood and fitness stuff ... 
now the game is working but when I choose a house ,the loading isn't stop ...

what should I do ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Aug 2017, 14:44

Hi @sajjadm ,

The folder you're supposed to rename/delete is that only one Game folder in your Sims 4 folder. Delete that, and then re-copy Parenthood + Fitness again. Run the game as administrator and preferably, without mods the first time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Aug 2017, 17:32

And you are supposed to move the game out of the electronic arts folder!Move!!!, not copy paste. Move it to C;/ program files (x86 )/ Only after doing this you should copy /paste ( not move )the DLC's to that same File now located here c: Program files (x86) The Sims 4. you will find the missing game file in that location as Ageha stated, there is only one game file. That is the one you delete and replace with the one from Parenthood or fitness stuff. Remember to COPY/PASTE the new DLC's only AFTER you have deleted the original game file.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Aug 2017, 20:54

Thanks
It worked ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Aug 2017, 21:46

sajjadm wrote:Thanks
It worked ...
Glad to hear you've found it and it's working now!
Feel free to start your own thread/topic if you have anymore problems/bugs later on.

Cheers! Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top