Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't find #game" folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't find #game" folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3" Empty Can't find #game" folder in "C:Program Files (x86)Electronic ArtsThe Sims 3"

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 03:46

I have a question about this toturial: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly or more specified step : 4. Open the "# Crack" folder in the Ultimate Fix and drag & drop the .exe and .dll file in there to exactly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and choose "Copy and Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist in that folder.
(If you downloaded and installed your base game via Origin, the crack goes into this folder instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin )

I cant find the folder called "game" in my sims 3 folder, why is this? And is there anyway to install sims 3 without this step?

Back to top Go down

Can't find #game" folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3" Empty Re: Can't find #game" folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3"

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 03:54

Thats weird.. can you find the Bin folder anywhere else?

Back to top Go down

Can't find #game" folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3" Empty Re: Can't find #game" folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3"

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 04:01

I can find it on the "cd" of the game, but when i try to copy it in there it says i need 18,5mb more to proceed

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 31 Mar 2013, 04:14

Hi,

What do u mean by cd? Can you please tell us how you look for the Game folder? What directory do u install your game in? Are u using custom installation option (the option from Sims 3 installation manual)?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 04:19

I used magic ISO to make a virtual cd of sims 3, from here I can see the "game" folder, but if I go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3" I'm not able to find a folder named "game".
I used the "typical" installation option

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 31 Mar 2013, 04:21

Hi,

Have you installed the Sims 3 according to the installation guide inside the folders?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 04:26

Yes, and when I only had installed the sims 3 with no expansions, everything worked fine, the game started as it should, but when I was going to choose what city I wanted to play with and so on, it apears a box telling me I had a "disc authentication failure". This is when I started following the steps in this manual: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 04:37

hmm let me try to clear this up,just for the record,did you install the game on the hard disk of your computer or are you useing a iso to play the game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 04:41

I used iso to make it into a virtual cd, and after that I installed it, but i guess i installed it in the virtual cd (?) I have to open the game luncher to enter the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 09:16

okay that is then strange as the launcher.exe is in the bin folder that is in the game folder. when you open the game do you have your virtual cd open i mean it is installed? i use daemon tools and everytime i am finished with deamon tools i turn off the virtual cd. so my question is when you open the game do you have a virtual cd open?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 14:08

I have made a shortcut of the virtual cd on my desktop and I open the game from there, so i guess yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 14:31

then there is your problem,you can`t find it in the normall instalation because it is on the virtual cd,all you can do now is to uninstall the game,open the iso gain,then install the game again,but...besure you don`t install it to your virtual cd/drive but to you computer hard disc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 14:45

oki! thanks for the help! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top