Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The Sims 4 has stopped working" while travelling (loading screen)!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The Sims 4 has stopped working" while travelling (loading screen)! Empty "The Sims 4 has stopped working" while travelling (loading screen)!

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jul 2017, 00:50

Hello, I have a problem, I download Sims games from "games4theworld" for years and never had a problem like this, never had a problem at all. A month ago I've downloaded The Sims 4 and all EP,SP,GP (from this site of course) followed instructions just as you told here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly and have read all forums, sites for tips, help. Nothing helped, everything was useless. When I open a game, everything runs normally(until I'm on one same lot), the game doesn't lag, bag, however, everything is perfect and slowly(after 10 minutes of playing) it starts to lag and when I click on the other lot, to travel(or just save my game), suddenly turns off by message "Sims 4 has stopped working"... I've reinstalled game million times to see where's problem, can't find out... And I think I have just fine system requirements for the game. (4GB RAM, 32-bit Windows 7(perhaps the problem is that Windows is not 64bit?) Please help! PS sorry if my English is bad, it's not my native language! Smile

//EDIT

Btw, everything i've tried:
-rename/remove "Game" folder after Toddler update
-deleting files from Documents folder of The Sims 4(factory reset S4) (I don't have any CC)
-reinstalling game, in both drives (C: and D: ) and while moving game to D drive I've changed installation location on "regedit", as told.
-changing game graphics to LOW
-even installed Windows 10 to see if it's going to work, but nothing happened... Just a several problems with operating system so I had to do a recovery, to Windows 7! IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd
-of course, i've moved Sims 4 folder out of Electronic Arts folder, so "The Sims 4" folder is now located C:\Program Files\The Sims 4 
-and some small tips, like to remove things from an inventory, selling furniture,deleting some files individualy in Documents\EA\TS4 folder
ETC. And idk if i've forgot something 
Hope for your answer. Thanks in advance!

Mod edit: moved to the right section.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

"The Sims 4 has stopped working" while travelling (loading screen)! Empty Re: "The Sims 4 has stopped working" while travelling (loading screen)!

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:09

DELETE the existing Game and Game_ folders from C:\Program Files\The Sims 4.
When Toddlers/Vampires is still your highest installed DLC dowload THIS FILE
When Fitness is your highest install DLC download THIS FILE

Extract downloads with Winrar
Place the new folder Game in C:\Program Files\The Sims 4

Back to top Go down

"The Sims 4 has stopped working" while travelling (loading screen)! Empty Re: "The Sims 4 has stopped working" while travelling (loading screen)!

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:36

Done, but I still get an error. Perhaps it's problem with my computer?  scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jul 2017, 12:03

emanon9 wrote:Done, but I still get an error. Perhaps it's problem with my computer?  scratch
Could be, have you played The Sims 3 or 4 before on this computer ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jul 2017, 12:26

Yes, played Sims 2, 3 and 4. Still have Sims 2 Complete Colletion and it works perfectly. Sims 3 worked too, without any crashes,problems. It was laggy sometimes, but that's normal. And Sims 3 has higher system requirements, hasn't it?

//EDIT

I'm going to uninstall game and install it again, and check after every installed EP,GP,SP is it getting the same error

//EDIT

Tarac wrote:
emanon9 wrote:Done, but I still get an error. Perhaps it's problem with my computer?  scratch
Could be, have you played The Sims 3 or 4 before on this computer ?
So: The Sims 4 BASE GAME without any DLCs works perfectly. No lag, no crashing.
Also, it works fine with Get to Work, Get Together and City Living EP, with small lags that are literally impercetible. After installing Toddlers Update, I opened the game, neighborhood and have chosen household to play. No crashes, closing up, but THAT loading screen lasts forever(game doesn't load, just endless loading screen without crash)... So... The problem is either in Toddlers update, or that I moved "The Sims 4" folder from Electronic Arts to "Program Files" only. "The Sims 4 has stopped working" while travelling (loading screen)! 1118824513 And this never happened, and I think if I install "Parenthood" now it's going to be solved but then the game will crash, while travelling, again... "The Sims 4 has stopped working" while travelling (loading screen)! 4011807745 (hope it's understandable)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jul 2017, 14:51

After the installation of Toddlers/Vampires it is a MUST to either rename or completely DELETE the folder Game.
After the renaming or removal of that folder you have 2 options:
1. You install Parenthood
2. You download a new folder GAME

As long as you haven't deleted or renamed/replaced the folder Game, your household will be travelling forever, even after you install Parenthood or Fitness !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jul 2017, 15:33

Understood. So, I've deleted "Game" folder after Toddler Update, and installed Parenthood, now i want to install Fitness SP. I have to delete/rename the "Game" folder again, right? So the main Game folder in Program FIles --- Sims 4 has to be that one from "Fitness SP installation"(downloaded, uzipped one)  folder. And after that I'll see if it's working, if it's not working, I have to remove Game folder AGAIN, and replace it with that one you sent me up there.(in Your first answer) If it's not working even then, I can remove game and cry  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jul 2017, 16:00

NO, once you have REMOVED the Game folder there is no need to remove it again when installing Parenthood or Fitness or other upcoming DLC's not effecting the base game.

Let me try to explain:
Upto and incl. City Living the folder Game worked perfect.
But, with the completely new update for Toddlers (not a DLC but a complete new base game), the folder Game contained elements that where no longer in line with the new update.

Sofar we could just copy/paste the folders from DLC's to the install folder, but this procedure does not remove unwanted elements, it only adds or overwrite existing elements. Unwanted elements are still in the folder !

You cannot remove unwanted elements by copy/paste, only by delete/replace
Now that Game is adjusted for the Toddlers remake of the base game you no longer have to remove it.
(Unless the base game has a new make-over, f.e. cars)

How can I further describe it ?
With the new updated base game only, you'll now have Toddlers, but no City Living, or Get to Work or Get Together or Vampires
That proves that Toddlers is not a DLC but a complete new base game.
Suppose you had the Base Game legally via Origin, you would get the update Toddlers absolutely free of charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jul 2017, 18:19

I did everything right, I supose... And it didn't help. I can play game either without my fav game packs and stuff packs, or by no means. Or I have to wait till next update comes out and hope it's gonna fix it all... 

Look at this: 
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit 
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 540  @ 3.07GHz (4 CPUs)
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3064MB RAM
Page File: 1509MB used, 4614MB available 

Is it due to my computer?  Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jul 2017, 20:30

emanon9 wrote:I did everything right, I supose... And it didn't help. I can play game either without my fav game packs and stuff packs, or by no means. Or I have to wait till next update comes out and hope it's gonna fix it all... 

Look at this: 
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit 
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 540  @ 3.07GHz (4 CPUs)
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3064MB RAM
Page File: 1509MB used, 4614MB available 

Is it due to my computer?  Rolling Eyes
No, if it were your computer, then you couldn't play City Living either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jul 2017, 21:01

So what's the problem? I am convinced that I installed game just as it should Smile Should I remove some files in Documents? Or maybe move Sims 4 from electronic Arts just to "Documents", but it will create a new folder, so it's useless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jul 2017, 21:23

emanon9 wrote:So what's the problem? I am convinced that I installed game just as it should Smile Should I remove some files in Documents? Or maybe move Sims 4 from electronic Arts just to "Documents", but it will create a new folder, so it's useless
Just look at the following and see if you have skipped something

Installation:
1. Instal Base Game
2. Moved the install folder out of the folder Prohram Files (x86)\Electronic Arts
3. Install Get to Work
4. Install Get Together
5. Install City Living
6. Install Toddlers/Vampires
7. Delete the Game folder from your install folder Program Files\The Sims 4\  (very, very important)
8. Install Parenthood
9. Install Fitness

When you have performed all 9 steps in the above order, the game MUST work.
When your computer was capable of playing City Living, it can also play Fitness

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jul 2017, 21:31

Tarac wrote:
emanon9 wrote:So what's the problem? I am convinced that I installed game just as it should Smile Should I remove some files in Documents? Or maybe move Sims 4 from electronic Arts just to "Documents", but it will create a new folder, so it's useless
Just look at the following and see if you have skipped something

Installation:
1. Instal Base Game
2. Moved the install folder out of the folder Prohram Files (x86)\Electronic Arts
3. InstallGet to Work
4. Install Get Together
5. Install City Living
6. Install Toddlers/Vampires
7. Delete the Game folder from your install folder Program Files\The Sims 4\  (very, very important)
8. Install Parenthood
9. Install Fitness

When you have performed all 9 steps in the above order, the game MUST work.
When our computer was capable of playing City Living, it can also play Fitness
I'll try again. But I noticed that after installation of the base game Sims 4, when I open "regedit" ... HKEYLOCALMACHINE>SOFTWARE>MAXIS>The Sims 4 , GDFBinary and Install Dir install location shows "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4 etc. That folder doesn't exist on my PC. Thanks for having nerves for this and being pacient with us  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jul 2017, 21:36

Don't worry about the register.
The sims 4 is not register-related.

Mij register also shows a completely wrong location.
You can even run the Sims 4 without a single entry in the register.
When you have a second computer, just copy your install folder The Sims 4 (so not the one in Documents) to an USB stick or external disk, plug it in on the other computer and you can play the Sims 4 directly from that stick/drive even without any installation.

When you have a friend with no or slow internetconnection.
Take your USB stick or external drive and copy the folder The Sims 4 to his/her computer and tada, he/she can play the sims 4 with all DLC's

No doubt G4TW will produce such a torrent when the sims 4 serie has finished.
Just download (I hope they will use Poweriso by then), mount the iso and play.
Otherwise, download, extract with winrar, copy the folder he Sims 4 to your hard disk.
(for my own Dutch forum I have such a download already incl. the latest DLC Fitness (The Sims 4 all-in-one.iso))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jul 2017, 22:48

Done every step, game starts normally, I play 10 minutes, slowly starts to lag, I click on Travel, loading screen pops up, "Sims 4 has stopped working" pops up too! Yay !!!!!Cookie from Carlos Do I need Origin? 'cause I didn't download it, hate that app, or do i need any software at all?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jul 2017, 00:05

Tarac wrote:Don't worry about the register.
The sims 4 is not register-related.

Mij register also shows a completely wrong location.
You can even run the Sims 4 without a single entry in the register.
When you have a second computer, just copy your install folder The Sims 4 (so not the one in Documents) to an USB stick or external disk, plug it in on the other computer and you can play the Sims 4 directly from that stick/drive even without any installation.

When you have a friend with no or slow internetconnection.
Take your USB stick or external drive and copy the folder The Sims 4 to his/her computer and tada, he/she can play the sims 4 with all DLC's

No doubt G4TW will produce such a torrent when the sims 4 serie has finished.
Just download (I hope they will use Poweriso by then), mount the iso and play.
Otherwise, download, extract with winrar, copy the folder he Sims 4 to your hard disk.
(for my own Dutch forum I have such a download already incl. the latest DLC Fitness (The Sims 4 all-in-one.iso))
Can I download that iso? Can the upcoming DLCs be added on that one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jul 2017, 11:14

emanon9 wrote:Can I download that iso? Can the upcoming DLCs be added on that one?
I'll send you a private message.

The easiest way however to get all the DLC's installed is via ZLORIGIN.
No cracks, no patches, always uptodate with the latest updates and DLC's, just like you've bought all the games via Origin.

You don't want to play on line ?
After ZLorigin has installed all the DLC's, move the folder The Sims 4 out of the folder Origin Games.
Rename the folder Game from the G4TW Fitness to Game pirated and copy/paste it to your new install location of the Sims 4.
Delete the file GameVersion from C:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and you can play off-line via the folder Game Pirated\Bin\TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe and on-line via the folder Game\Bin\TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe

When you are interested in this option you can find a manual HERE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top